Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Operative;2005050']Hmm' date=' I don't remember seeing this screen

That's an old screen ;)

Because the german Arma 2 1.0 release was almost completely unplayable.

If they think A2 was unplayable at release, they should try A1 release version :P

i think i see an xm-25 in the new screens

yeah, we know, damn that thing looks ugly.

But can the XM-25 do what the real thing can? In particular I'm talking about the airburst. If not, then there's always the

I guess. But it would be nice with a general purpose non impact based and adjustable detonation; distance, timer, delayed (window), and proximity fuses for applicable ordnances.

But can the XM-25 do what the real thing can? In particular I'm talking about the airburst. If not, then there's always the
I guess. But it would be nice with a general purpose non impact based and adjustable detonation; distance, timer, delayed (window), and proximity fuses for applicable ordnances.

Ahem:

Ob_OuPfUgYk

Ehm, yeah, that's kind of the same video I posted, timing into the script portion. :upside: That script seem to present the airburst solution, which came from the OICW, but does not seem to facilitate all the other stuff the OICW could do.

So, let me rephrase. Is this script also in Arma3 (given we don't have all the VBS scripting language possibilities and functions, and how BIS don't like "scripted solutions", ref one barrel shooting Shilkas)? If so, is it a unique script for this weapons capabilities (only airburst), or does it facilitate use with distance based MAAWS/FFARs, distance override (behind measured window distance), delayed impact (for bunker penetration which would otherwise cause an impact based detonation on the wrong side) for artillery shells, time based cargo deliveries by setting fuse time (artillery illumination), and proximity fusing (like 6 or 20m artillery HE proximity fuse)?

Examples of use:

MAAWS FFV441 HE - Impact or Airburst mode.

MAAWS FFV502 HEDP - Impact or Delayed mode.

MAAWS FFV545 Illum - Guessing dustance setting?

FFAR Hydra 70, see for yourself available fusing options.

I also noticed some sleep 0.001 thingies going on in there. How does that work out in a scheduled scripting environment? Does it run in a per frame handler, or does the weapon fail when mission is under scripting load?

Reason I ask is, I'm not too keen on this future stuff, so even when doing more traditional missions, some of these capabilities should be there for traditional weapons just like in todays real world. I'd hate to be forced into using an XM-25 in a cold war mission which also had fusing options for the MAAWS, FFAR launchers, mortar and artillery shells.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

I'm not sure this is the right place to pose this question, but I was just wondering: who makes up BIS's research staff? Do they have combat veterans on the payroll to test things out make suggestions? Do they want one? :p

I'm not sure this is the right place to pose this question, but I was just wondering: who makes up BIS's research staff? Do they have combat veterans on the payroll to test things out make suggestions? Do they want one? :p

I dont know, but im sure they could tap into the information thats used in VBS till a certain level, which is in close connection with several armies. so, combat vets @ payroll? naah - dont think so, but who knows :)

Edited by jerryhopper

Here are all of today's Facebook screenshots:

Edited by Undeceived

Hm.. A watch. I wonder if there is an animation to see the time or if the watch is just for show. Would be cool though. ;)

Looking good. Especially the clouds. They are near perfect, if you ask me. Kudos to whoever wrote that in.

Edited by colossus

Here are all of today's Facebook screenshots:

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7465/32732222655144405826019.jpg

That image gives a short glimpse on the uniform customization, see the solder with the tshirt and vest in contrast the man near him.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6200/33009822655137739160019.jpg

Additionally it seems they are finally getting some working RTT on mirrors, at least on the civilian cars so far.

Edited by Steakslim

We're going to see a peak in PTSD cases after Arma 3's released. It's pretty lifelike, ya know :p

would be cool if the boats had a wake that interacted with the environment... IE: pushed the buoys around.

Also would be cool to see variable sea conditions / wave heights and directions, if you hit a big wave the wrong way it can very well flip a boat over.

Maybe some riverine ops would be cool with the fast stop that some boats have when landing on shore to drop off troops... Kinda like a speed brake.

Picture one, guy on the left, is that a BAF backpack?

Yes it is.

Yes it is.

Well, then I hope it's a placeholder. The only ones I'll be okay with would be the standard backpack or coyote pack from OA.

Why that?

Considering that the NATO is quite overwhelmed in the game's setting, it could easily be that backpacks from different countries are used here and there. Don't forget that the NATO is not only the US (from which the coyote pack is from, if I remember correctly [at least its classname is US_Backpack_EP1 :D]).

Edited by Undeceived