Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

not so much.

So animating 10 times more weapons takes much more effort and mocap

When you do MoCaps, it doesnt matter if a sword is just a metal pipe or a rifle is just an airsoft. Next to how much i wish to have more Mocap reload animations, i would only add them to elected weapons like launchers and maybe even HMG's. This would surely add a lot to the gameplay experience and propper reload times would even change the tactical gameplay but it sure does require a hell lot of work. But lets see what the team pulls off! :)

Thanks for the new underwater screen shots. looks nice.

How about a bigger picture size though!? :)

i don't understand why you would think MoCap is so easy to make. There is a lot of cleaning up to do with the said anims after the capture...Some less generic ones would be great though

Since we're diving under the waters of Lemnos, this here image gallery could be inspiring:

(I'm waiting for this question to be asked: "if you crash a plane under the water, will it slowly rust, decay and get covered with moss and sea life?")

Edited by arigram

No. 1

No. 4

Wouldn't the sea life on this wreck suggest that war has been going on for quite a while?

Edited by Sniperwolf572

@wolf

Thats exactly what i thought at the very first second i saw these

and then i remembered the storyline:

After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies,[...]

so yeah, i think you are correct

hint, read 1st post about new screens lurking in galery of official ARMA 3 group on STEAMcommunity ...

Scuba diving! Does this mean we can fight underwater?

:) i see things flashing in my brain

hmm might not be the correct post... ^^

Edited by PurePassion

*see Osprey back in new game*

*see Opsrey wreckage in new game*

I guess you can say

??? i thought it was "ZOMG Future 'n' Laz0rs, we want arma 2 b4ck!!!!!!" ;)

Edited by PurePassion

hint, read 1st post about new screens lurking in galery of official ARMA 3 group on STEAMcommunity ...

Thanks for the bunch of nice screens :)

care to share?

The post, i posted here might not be the first one ("looks good" by "wunderbar") but seems the only one usable

can we fight underwater?

so it might be a hint that we maybe can do exactly that. or its something completely else ^^

Edited by PurePassion

I realized one thing, todays modern tanks should already have the active protection system (ARENA,TROPHY) and I think it is visible on merkava.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophy_active_protection_system

http://www.arma3.com/screenshots/scr07.jpg

http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/apps/107410/2af6ec690984ad9df35ce0d75dbb4fb9b3357729.jpg

will there be teh ability to load cars boats etc into chinooks c130 s by drive them into it and floating chinooks also could you push zodiacs divers etc into water

Probably not. If in, probably a scripted solution that kinda works but doesn't look all great. Would work for me.

http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/apps/107410/6f71495eedf170861429965105ad4623f40575df.jpg

I know the game is not even considered alpha, but oh god. I see why people hate the bug helmets now.

I'm mixed in thinking they are blind, or they are mentally lacking. Either way they aren't seeing much because of those blinders.