Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I just stumbled across this and I'm not sure if this pic was shown before but have I never seen it before and I couldn't find it on other websites so I guess it's rather new.

F35 flying through the clouds with rain coming out of them: http://www.videogame.it/arma3-pc/gallery/39504/312899/

Edited by Derbysieger

Didn't notice that before, but yeah, it does look like it's raining on the left hand side. Cool stuff. :)

The only blemish on that otherwise perfect screenshot are the weird "corners" in the water on the left.

hmm i am not even sure about this. I think i spot a skybox with an background there ( the weird corners)

original compare with this

Those lines look too straight for rain ( wind etc)

so it might be a part of the texture. But well, who cares ^^ Atleast it wouldnt bother me and i havent seen it in any other screens so this might be just a very small issue

Speaking of GC, it looks very promising so far. Traditionally, we should get not only new Arma 3 screenies, but gameplay videos, too.

E3 presentation of the game was well-made and GC will offer even more beauty of Lemnos.

:D I can't believe that that website translated the game title to "Weapon III".

ArmA means weapon in latin. Spanish is a latin language.

hmm i am not even sure about this. I think i spot a skybox with an background there ( the weird corners)

original compare with this

Those lines look too straight for rain ( wind etc)

so it might be a part of the texture. But well, who cares ^^ Atleast it wouldnt bother me and i havent seen it in any other screens so this might be just a very small issue

You over analyse things way too much PurePassion and I hate to be the jerk again, but there is no weight in your argument.

There is an extreme spherical distortion of the land due to ultra-wide wide angle "lens" BI chose for the "rendering". The lines you see are light rays, no rain, coming through the volumetric clouds.

BI said the clouds are volumetric and there is no skybox.

Why people have so little faith?

Seriously. Chill.

Looks more like rain than light rays to me tbh.

Well, whatever they are, they still have the correct perspective due to the whole distortion.

That's a texture artifact most likely. Happens when texture is improperly unwrapped. Tsk tsk tsk.

@arigram

why should you be a jerk again?

XD I think you misunderstood me a little bit ;) I just had the question in my head wether the stripes I see there is rain or something else. I looked at the picture, and found just like maddogx, those artifacts on the left bottom corner. I asked myself what those could be and was bored ^^

Seriously. Chill.

But well, who cares ^^ Atleast it wouldnt bother me

thats exactly what i wanted to express with that ;) It means, whatever "issue" is causing those artifacts, i dont really care

i was not trying to make any argument but only say what i see there and what i think it might be :) Since everything we see there is Alpha, this might just be something to limit the viewdistance or rain or light rays

And yes, i like to bother myself with those details, most people dont even recognize.

I hope you dont misunderstand me again :p

greets PP

And yes, i like to bother myself with those details, most people dont even recognize.

I hope you dont misunderstand me again :p

greets PP

You're not alone. I can't play games without examining the textures, noticing laziness & cleverness.

ArmA means weapon in latin. Spanish is a latin language.

I'm pretty sure they don't translate Deus Ex into "Dios Fuera."

Edit: They didn't translate anything at all.

funny thing is when I translated it into german via google Arma was translated to "Weapon" instead of "Waffe" wich would be the correct german translation.

They said ArmA 3 would have a "revamped" animation "system", which sounds like they're changing the system not adding new animations, which would be a good thing.

i hope they have added "reloading animations" is the only thing that misses in this game, (also a understandable MP mode)

i hope they have added "reloading animations" is the only thing that misses in this game, (also a understandable MP mode)

I remember when ArmA was released, the old crew wept tears of apple cider just to see the magazines disappearing off weapons, rather than the old wave-your-hand-over-the-empty-magazine-and-it-refills-like-the-TimTam-ad.

I don't think we will see reloading animations of the calibre of other FPS' in A3 - I would suggest that perhaps BIS have bigger fish to fry.

oh hai BIZ prove mee rong n e minutt nao

I remember when ArmA was released, the old crew wept tears of apple cider just to see the magazines disappearing off weapons, rather than the old wave-your-hand-over-the-empty-magazine-and-it-refills-like-the-TimTam-ad.

I don't think we will see reloading animations of the calibre of other FPS' in A3 - I would suggest that perhaps BIS have bigger fish to fry.

yes! But for me, I don't know why, is important for the "immersive sensation" and i repeat again is the only animations that i would to see added,

Edited by Zukov

There are worser things than the reloading animation but when it comes to things, details are really importent even more important then most people think.

Arma 3 seriously needs proper reloading animations, if nothing else, you can't reload a damn heavy MG in 2-3 sec, or SMAW... Even that shitty Dragon Rising had proper reload animations... Take airsoft weapon and MoCap the reloading animation...

Correct reloading animations and randomised weapon holding animations (so not every soldier holds his weapon the same way, especially now that we seem to get addons like foregrips and different scopes) would be rad. Though, they are not exactly high priority.

I for one am more interested in the hard features. HC AI, improved AI pathfinding and coordination (Xiatment), physics implementation (because I´m one of the rare gamers who think that physics simulation in games is a pointless affair. So, right now and until I´ve seen otherwise, I think the whole physX thingy is a waste of time.), and of course campaign design and, most most MOST importantly, good tutorials!

That, and maybe the multiplayer, good PVP and COOP content right from the start. That will prove to be important in the long run, for the average gamer crowd who won´t bother with the editor and community made content.

Arma 3 seriously needs proper reloading animations, if nothing else, you can't reload a damn heavy MG in 2-3 sec, or SMAW... Even that shitty Dragon Rising had proper reload animations...

How many weapons does DR have?

Take airsoft weapon and MoCap the reloading animation..

Lawl are you joking dude?

An airsoft SAW?

How many weapons does DR have?

not so much. but are better respect arma2 (the javelin is awesome)

Correct reloading animations and randomised weapon holding animations (so not every soldier holds his weapon the same way, especially now that we seem to get addons like foregrips and different scopes) would be rad.

the g36/mp5 and shotguns holding animations, are the mankind 's offence :)

Edited by Zukov