Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Is it just me or is there a depleted uranium tipped bamboo shoot thats pierced the apc :P

Ehm what exactly you mean?

btw on picture 3 there are 128 snipers hidding, try find them

i look forward to some more substantive information about the game story and scenario :)

i look forward to some more substantive information about the game story and scenario :)

x2

Really confused what all these different nations' vehicles (and mashups of different vehicles) are doing on a Greek Island in the middle of a global war.

Picture 2 has some strange yellow, green, and orange artifacts. Blue circled ones look like mustard stains to me. :p Edited by Big Dawg KS

BTW I've noticed one thing on a picture with a tank convoy. They actually move according to a realistic procedure (the first vehicle observes front, the second looks to the right, the third to the left).

Now I just wish it wasn't BIS scripting and AI could behave like that. Maybe it isn't important when it comes to AI... but this kind of details is what I like

Well spotted!:ok:

We need :icon_twisted: on this.:rolleyes:

Well spotted!:ok:

We need :icon_twisted: on this.:rolleyes:

God that's far from being new, it's like this since OFP.

God that's far from being new, it's like this since OFP.

Oh, you are right. Just checked. Strange that i never noticed it.:butbut:

Oh, you are right. Just checked. Strange that i never noticed it.:butbut:

Probably because the AI were much too busy running into each other, the trees, friendly squishy units, etc... :p

Hi, seems by those four new screenshots that:

A) The grass don't share the same light values than the ground texture, neither the objects/units.

B) The bloom/Post Processing effects still there, BF3 style.

Ain't like this kind of über shinny and non realistic effect, i can tolerate it in arcade games like the MW2, BC2 or BF3; but in a serious game i just can't stand it. It was my second reason to uninstall the OA/CO. My faith has decreased. Let's C ya

A) The grass don't share the same light values than the ground texture, neither the objects/units.

Ain't like this kind of über shinny and non realistic effect, i can tolerate it in arcade games like the MW2, BC2 or BF3; but in a serious game i just can't stand it. It was my second reason to uninstall the OA/CO. My faith has decreased. Let's C ya

I turn off the PP. Much prefer the game with no PP, even if it does remove the occasional effect I don't mind too much.

Or

C) BIS has added some very pretty light bugs in ArmA that very in color! :yay:

So we have:

Aphrodite - Goddes of love and nature - Nature.

Ares: The god of war and destruction, or the Ram - Big-ass Tank.

Hephaestus: The Smith, or crafts man - Technology.

Zeus: King of the gods, looking down from above.

Are we likely to be getting a screen representing each of the greek gods? Here's my guesses...

Poseidon: The Sea

Athena: Civilisation

Artemis: Wildlife

The dots could be something to do with star constellations, or they're fireflies... though it's more likely they're just screwed pixels.

My money is on screwed pixels. Very good thinking on the other Gods though.

Shopped in comanche?

Seems like it, I'm no expert though.

I hope the BITrolls are too busy actually working on the game than on another ARG.

Agreed

Waiting for ArmA3's comming:),By the way, the picture is so beautiful```

Edited by soldierCHN

Loving the lenght of the runway on pic 04, looks like we might expect heavily overworked aircraft handling and/or such beauties as C17 or G5 galaxy^^? :inlove:

Overall pic 04 looks stuninng:)

http://www.arma3.com/devblog/Hephaestus_Arma3_screenshots_forums_001.jpg

Every video card ever made just screamed out in terror. While we rub our hands together with glee.

Really? I dont think its that much of a graphical an increase over Arma II.

Which is good as that shouldn't be the focus of the game. Looks to as its just right visually

The jittery shadows of the leaves on the APC in picture 1, really hurts my eyes. I really wish there will be some new lightning technology in the final version of ArmA 3. Realistic and believable lightning should be important in a game like this.

The sky picture looks awesome. :yay: