Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

Avibird's top 10 question list for CARRIER COMMAND.

Hello, I am looking forward to this game but I would like to know a few things!

Top 10 question list for CARRIER COMMAND.

10. How many different races or armies in the game.

9. How many different units are in the game.

8. How many players in a game.

7. What kind of play will the game have online coop play and or player vs player.

6. Can you build units during a mission/battle or what you get is what you get for the game/mission.

5. I would like to know how is the control setup. Is it going to be like the high command function like in ARMA2.

4. Can a player go 1st person view with a unit.

3. Does this game have a map editor.

2. Can the modding community work with this game like in OFP,ARMA games.

1.Will players play in clans in locked rooms or people will play in public rooms.

Can't wait to see what BOHEMIA does with this game.

I can answer a few of your questions:

No multiplayer planned for release, but I believe it will be released in a later patch.

7. What kind of play will the game have online coop play and or player vs player.

No multiplayer planned for release, but I believe it will be released in a later patch.

5. I would like to know how is the control setup. Is it going to be like the high command function like in ARMA2.

You can use the map, like an RTS game (Place waypoints and command attacks on other units (Like in ArmA)) or control each unit individually like an FPS.

Yes

1. Will players play in clans in locked rooms or people will play in public rooms.

Edited by Nicholas

I can answer a few others:

I believe on first release it will have 2 factions but this may change when the MP patch is released.

6. Can you build units during a mission/battle or what you get is what you get for the game/mission.

You get basic air/ground vehicles at start and you must develop upgrades once specific islands are captured. Development/construction takes place on islands not on carrier. (eg. you must develop snow upgrade before you can use vehicles on winter islands)

3. Does this game have a map editor

Yes, mentioned in one of the E3 vids that it will have an editor.

2. Can the modding community work with this game like in OFP,ARMA games

Again, mentioned in an E3 vid that it will be open to modding.

1.Will players play in clans in locked rooms or people will play in public rooms1.

That'll be up to server owner/admin.

Edited by EDcase

Edited by Andre
no multiplayer, no more interest.

So, I DO NOT buy this when released, but I believe I will get it when patched for multiplayer.

How is it possible to make a software with no multiplayer ? :rolleyes:

To be continued...

Uh, dude, it's been done since the dawning of the age of gaming :P

Ever since the first and simplest of games they've been made for single player with a few also supporting 2 players. True multiplayer wasn't introduced until much later.

Pure single player games have always been and will always be made alongside multiplayer ones.

Just because we can play multiplayer like crazy today doesn't mean that every single game should be multiplayer only or guaranteed to have MP.

I could go on more about the good points of SP but I'll reign myself in for now :P

So, I DO NOT buy this when released, but I believe I will get it when patched for multiplayer.

Then you will be behind everyone who has played SP and knows what to do :p

;)

Edited by Andre
no multiplayer, no more interest.

I never play singleplayer. I do not like to play those storyline campaigns because the role playing.

You know there is (supposed to be) SP mode without any story/missions, that will allow you to do anything you wish? :)

Indeed, I will be.

The perfect easy target for you. :)

But I am used to be the total neophyt joining multiplayer full of experienced people.

I never play singleplayer. I do not like to play those storyline campaigns because the role playing.

I simply cannot feel concerned being that "capt stuff" or "sarge razor".

What I enjoy is tactical teambase virtual deployments in multiplayer with my name.

When I buy a simulator, I get a short training into the armory, then I join online sessions... to be the easy target for some time.

So, to resume: no multiplayer, no Andre.

1. Carrier Command isn't a simulator....it's an RTS/FPS game.

2. The campaign for Carrier Command is more of a large training mission than campaign.

3. There is singleplayer which will let you do whatever you want.

Hello,

I would like to answer some of the questions for you.

There are 2 human factions. The APA (bad guys) and UEC (You/good guys).

Sorry - no aliens :)

Asian Pacific Alliance took over the Earth and has strong presence on the only human colony in the universe - Taurus. The United Earth Coalition are ragtag guerrilla fighters, who fight in the name of freedom against the APA oppressors. They are citizens and loyalists of the former The United Earth Coalition which was the opposing superpowertion that was defeated by APA on Earth.

The UEC captured large colony ship and are trying to capture Taurus colony so that they could start over in relative safety from APA. Unfortunately for them APA is well fortified.

9. How many different units are in the game.

Checkout the homepage http://www.carriercommand.com/game/units/ , where the unit info will be updated.

Apart from Carrier, there are mantas, walruses in multiple armor variants and with many possible weapon loads outs and enhancements (with few button presses you can change a fast recon Manta into a gunship with heavy armor, plasma canons, air-to-ground rockets and powerful cruise missile.

Also carrier has UAV recon drone, defensive drones, defensive and offensive gun turrets.

The enemy has soldiers and multiple types of battle droids. The bases are defended by wide variety of stationary turrets, weapon outposts and defensive systems.

On top of that in some story missions the player will be forced to leave the safety of the carrier and fight on foot with only rifle at his disposal.

As others have said here before - no multiplayer at the time of release.

Once again no MP at release.

You can build weapons, vehicles, fuel, etc. during the battles for individual islands. But you need get it transferred to the carrier after it has been manufactured. Both the manufacturing and the transport take time so the battle might be over before you get the new items.

Our team consists of many people that played some part in the development of one or the other Arma games so it is not surprising that many aspects of the controls will feel familiar to the people that played arma game. Still there are some differences but I am sure it won't be anything you can't handle.

Yes, it is the main view from the units camera used for direct control.

For a bit of a sneak peak check out the trailer at 00:37

There you can see 1st person camera from the Manta.

3. Does this game have a map editor.

There is no map editor in game but we would like to make some of our developer tools available for the community. But still, provided that there are no showstoppers for the release of the tools, it is to be decided when(release, post release, etc.) and in what extent they are released.

2. Can the modding community work with this game like in OFP,ARMA games.

CCGM is different from Arma games and although it will not be as open for moders as the Arma series, we trying to make it(as I tried to hint in the reply above) as moddable as possible (As Marek Spanel suggested in the RPS interview, there are some limitations that need to be observed).

1.Will players play in clans in locked rooms or people will play in public rooms.

again, no MP at the release.

1. Carrier Command isn't a simulator....it's an RTS/FPS game.

2. The campaign for Carrier Command is more of a large training mission than campaign.

3. There is singleplayer which will let you do whatever you want.

I would like to correct some of your statements, if I may:

2)The main story campaign of the CC begins with "story based tutorial". Which means that you will gain new and advanced features and technologies as you progress through the beginning of the Story campaign (about 1/5 of the campaign). Gradually more options opens to you and you are faced with new challenges.

Once you complete this "training" part (which is really a part of the story, we just call it "training" because player learns about the game controls, carrier features , etc. but he is also learning more about his situation and about what is going on on the planet.

3) That is "classic" campaign. Classic in the sense of following the original Carrier Command legacy with no story and possibility to set tech level, number of islands captured by you and by the enemy etc.

Here is the video where I thought that the campaign would

, to let the player learn how to use everything and play the game properly.
showing the first person perspective in the game, aswell.

But thanks for clearing that up and answering all those questions!

Edited by Nicholas

Uh, dude, it's been done since the dawning of the age of gaming :P

Ever since the first and simplest of games they've been made for single player with a few also supporting 2 players. True multiplayer wasn't introduced until much later.

Pure single player games have always been and will always be made alongside multiplayer ones.

Just because we can play multiplayer like crazy today doesn't mean that every single game should be multiplayer only or guaranteed to have MP.

I could go on more about the good points of SP but I'll reign myself in for now :P

I may be dating myself, but Modem Wars was the first. And yes, I owned it. Dare I say I used it with my 2400 baud modem that all my friends were so jealous about. 300 baud was the norm in those days. A lucky few had 1200 baud.

However single player is the best way to get any story still to this day. Just a thought to those complaining about MP - If you want UT, go play UT. This is not UT. It is a story. Go play its predecessor.

-X

Edited by xman1

Having played the original when it was first released for the Amiga...And having played literally hundreds of games as single player all the way back to the day when you could only find pinball machines in bowling alleys and bars...having experienced first-hand the golden age of arcades and become a high score legend at the local mall arcade more than once...AND having witnessed first-hand the advent and evolution of the desktop computer from a gaming perspective, right up to the present while buying or building a new machine every two or three years...all I can say to someone insisting on purchasing a game only when it is multi-player capable..."Dude, you are really, really, REALLY missing out on 99% of the fun!"

But that's just me...I'm weird that way.

Guest Jannah

how many players?.....

A bit anxious on it being single player only at first. On one hand I play mostly single player games so the extra work will make it a better game in that area, but strategy games are not fun if your opponent (ai) isn't good.

And making a fun rts opponent that scales well is extremely difficult.

A bit anxious on it being single player only at first. On one hand I play mostly single player games so the extra work will make it a better game in that area, but strategy games are not fun if your opponent (ai) isn't good.

And making a fun rts opponent that scales well is extremely difficult.

Granted, it is and we've been disappointed with other games of the same genre before in this area. But I have faith in BIS and their ability to create good AI and make this game a challenge and a blast to play.

Will there be only a single map with pre-set island positions and sizes or will there be some randomization or a random map generator?

Playing on the same map will get boring very quickly.

My guess is that the various islands might be positioned in just about the same places but the island types encountered on those same coordinates can vary each game, that sort of shuffling should be possible.

Having played the original when it was first released for the Amiga...And having played literally hundreds of games as single player all the way back to the day when you could only find pinball machines in bowling alleys and bars...having experienced first-hand the golden age of arcades and become a high score legend at the local mall arcade more than once...AND having witnessed first-hand the advent and evolution of the desktop computer from a gaming perspective, right up to the present while buying or building a new machine every two or three years...all I can say to someone insisting on purchasing a game only when it is multi-player capable..."Dude, you are really, really, REALLY missing out on 99% of the fun!"

But that's just me...I'm weird that way.

Man. You sound almost as old as me! :) I used to trade my friend my PC for his Amiga every now and then. Call it PC swap I guess.

-X