Sign in to follow this  
Dreahack

Correct the Metis launcher range

I saw that in the game the launcher has a maximum range of 1500 m

last week in a training(real army :)), we shot a target 2200m far .

2000 m should be good.

I saw that in the game the launcher has a maximum range of 1500 m

last week in a training(real army :)), we shot a target 2200m far .

2000 m should be good.

If you refer to static launchers...they are ALL buggy, including TOW...missiles goes straight into "low earth orbit" after 1500m manual guidance.

Just one of the hundreds of tiny gamebreaking qirks in Arma for the last three years.

Try it out in Mando Missile Mod, I think it should work properly.

I know, not a replacement for vanilla not working, but at least you can try it.

Yeah, for love of all that is holy when can we get these easily fixed content bugs fixed?

I want one patch where we get nothing but loads of these stupid, over looked content bugs fixed.

Well you should also be able to lock and fire a maverick missile from one end of chernarus to the other, but nobody would want that now would they?

Well you should also be able to lock and fire a maverick missile from one end of chernarus to the other, but nobody would want that now would they?
ATGMs are designed to be fired BEYOND the usual range of a MBT cannon (2000m in ArmA)....as they are usually soft mounted targets.

Firing in range of MBT gun in open terraín is suicide.

ATGMs are designed to be fired BEYOND the usual range of a MBT cannon (2000m in ArmA)....as they are usually soft mounted targets.

Firing in range of MBT gun in open terraín is suicide.

Right, I observed this last night. I'm attacking Zelenogorsk with 2x BRDM2 ATGM. The BRDM2s are perched up on the hill south east of Zeleno. They proceed to fire 1 missile each, disabling a couple of T-72s, but then two T-34s 1 hit them because they were only firing within range.

HMMWV TOW tactics, adjusted for Arma:

* Use solid ground cover as much as possible. Building cover makes you easy target for splash damage.

* For two man team, have one man outside on observation to inform vehicle operator when tank gun/other gun is pointing in a favorable direction.

* Should you attack a group of tanks (only one actually fired upon), have escape route that a tank can't follow.

* HMMWV operator should adjust the TOW in the general direction of the tank before making the vehicle visible.

* If you think you're made, just get out of there. No need to stay put as a sitting duck.

* Hopefully AI magic respotting has been fixed, but I haven't tried it out.

HMMWV TOW tactics, adjusted for Arma:

* Use solid ground cover as much as possible. Building cover makes you easy target for splash damage.

* For two man team, have one man outside on observation to inform vehicle operator when tank gun/other gun is pointing in a favorable direction.

* Should you attack a group of tanks (only one actually fired upon), have escape route that a tank can't follow.

* HMMWV operator should adjust the TOW in the general direction of the tank before making the vehicle visible.

* If you think you're made, just get out of there. No need to stay put as a sitting duck.

* Hopefully AI magic respotting has been fixed, but I haven't tried it out.

Or simply wait for a fix for this obvious and three year old BUG!

One possibility is it's simply a matter of balance, as it's a game

In real life, there is not any kind of striving for a balance, you want your kit to be as totally overpowered as possible compared to the enemy. This is why you can have a jeep that can cart along at fast-o-clock or a position so well camouflaged you can't see it from 20m away and from either of those fire a precision guided missile that can take out a tank in one shot from well outside the reaction envelope of any of the crew in that vehicle beyond a whispered/shouted "oh balls"

But that's not fun if you're in the tank very much

For pure realism, there are modifications like Mando, ACE tailored to this sorta stuff.

Or simply wait for a fix for this obvious and three year old BUG!

It was the same in OFP v1.9. It's older than that!

One possibility is it's simply a matter of balance, as it's a game

If that was true you would not be able to tab lock them on the easier difficulties.