Sign in to follow this  
Slides

The need for integrated surveillance, target acquisition etc.

Especially since this will be set in the future, you need to have an electronic battlefield where different units can "see"what other units are seeing.

Example, as a tank commander, you should have the ability to view a live UAV feed and get IFF info from an overhead JSTARS aircraft.

And the other factor is the availability of radio comms with other units that you are not part of or control. Would really help improve the immerse factor. Nothing better then hearing the radio comms going crazy in the middle of a fire fight (to an extent).

It sounds nice, I don't see BIS doing this. Although with the modding community could be a different story..........

And the other factor is the availability of radio comms with other units that you are not part of or control. Would really help improve the immerse factor. Nothing better then hearing the radio comms going crazy in the middle of a fire fight (to an extent).

That I think will make me unplug my speakers.....

Edited by Haystack15

That I think will make me unplug my speakers.....

Yeah especially with arma voices: "4 iiiiiissssssDOWN! threeeeeeeeeeeeISdowwn..... TaaaaaaKING COMmaaaaannndd."

Although if AI voice chat could be disabled in a user config it would open massive windows for the multiplayer community.

Be good to see on helmet cams.

I think OP is referring to something of this quality

Maybe with a little less static though...

Actually some of the cross-com/integrated info in GRFS seems perfect for specops units in this game (barring a few exceptions like magical white lines pointiing to exactly where your teammates barrel is pointing, this also would be irrelevent when shotting at any longer reange engamements since where your barrel points is not neccesarily where the bullet goes and my make it look like your buddy is aiming at one guy when he is really aiming at the guy right below him)

the other factor is the availability of radio comms with other units that you are not part of or control. Would really help improve the immerse factor. Nothing better then hearing the radio comms going crazy in the middle of a fire fight (to an extent).

I think this would be great, if it was done like the BF BC2 UAV where the sound is in the background making it feel like that this battle was part of something bigger.

To add to this it would be nice if those squads could be called on or call on you for assistance.

also with render to texture the different screens you discussed are feasible post production.

Yes, I should have mentioned, GOOD radio comms with voice actors reading the entire line, not the current level of "x is down" artificial radio comms.

I have seen this used to great effect in other games, including flight sims (Jane's F-15/F-18).

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

ArmA prides itself as a tactical sim where you are just one small piece of the larger battlefield. Introducing the integrated battlefield aspect of current and future combat would further add to the immerseive factor.

Of course, care should be taken that none of this is scripted, as that would take away from the free flowing/dynamic nature of ArmA and nothing could be worse then that for this sim.

Blue force tracker would be an excellent component for the electronic battlefield you speak of.

Agreed. If BIS is promising a future combat simulator, then I would hope they would include some of the current and future tech advancements in ISR.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I like the part about the helmet cam too. Imagine being a commander and being able to see real time helmet cam footage of a raid.

Or maybe a Comanche pilot who can view the locations of friendly and enemy forces superimposed on his/her HMSD. Of course there should be a degree of inaccuracy built into any such system as there likely would be in any real situation.

It would help communication on pub servers for sure.

Instead of trying to get your commanders attention, just request a cam linkup and he'll see your laser marker pointed right at the enemy MHQ.

During "Land Warrior" testing they hooked up the system to F-16's who were able to get live feed from the JTAC/FO/What have you for BDA's.

I personally think we need a lot more things for surveillance.

"Enemy BMP-3 Grid 02840983"

Is all we have right now.

Is all we have right now.

Render to Texture will make most of these ideas possible. Not sure BIS needs to implement them though, just give us enough to do it ourselves. :)