Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Sorry gentleman, but the F/A-18 project has been put on hold and I don't know when I will get back to it. Due to time I can only focus on one project and my MARSOC units have taken priority. Once again my apologies.

Hey Meatball, whenever you get back around to this one, here's something I ran across.

I cannot use Bis_fnc_spawnVehicle with the F/A-18. The problem is when Bis_fnc_spawnVehicle calls Bis_fnc_spawnCrew, Bis_fnc_spawnCrew calls BIS_fnc_returnVehicleTurrets.

Part of BIS_fnc_returnVehicleTurrets is to check for hasGunner==1.

Your config shows hasGunner = "true" with quotes. I don't believe this will work. It either needs to be true, without the quotes, or the number 1.

I checked this against Ikar's F-14 since it's a two seater also. Ikar's config is hasGunner = true(without the quotes). Don't have any problems with the F-14.

Every time I try to spawn the F/A-18, only the pilot is spawned and I get error messages referring to the check of hasGunner==1 from BIS_fnc_returnVehicleTurrets. I believe it is from line 43(not at home right now).

I also noticed you have hasCommander="true"(with the quotes) ...

I believe I've tried to get the AI to enter the WSO seat (I think that's it), and they wouldn't get in. Maybe I should check that one again.

Maybe others have ran across this?

Thanks,

panther42

I believe I've tried to get the AI to enter the WSO seat (I think that's it), and they wouldn't get in. Maybe I should check that one again.

Maybe others have ran across this?

Try:

this MoveInTurret [planename,[0];

I realise that it is not the same as moveingunner command but I could not get that to work.

I also managed to ge the flares working somewhat in this addon. I had to create a script but it can be more or less emulated. Check my Carrier Operations campaign if you want to look. You will require the latest version [v1.16] however.

For some reason I keep getting this bug where the Super Hornet won't render properly. Only certain parts of the aircraft and weapons appear.

And also, does anyone else have a huge problem flying with Mando Missile pack? Every time i shoot the AIM-120, there is a 50%~50% chance I will blow myself up.

Question: Will there be a one seat variant for the Marines? Because the Marines don't use the two seat variant (Super Hornet). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-18

Well, technically the USMC don't own ANY Super Hornets, only C and D models (and a few A models). But that's not how Meatball wanted to do his addon, so instead we get his great version.

To clarify for you, a two-seat version of a F-18 does not mean it's a Super. The models run like this:

Navy:

F-18C, -18D (for training with two seats) and a few -18As. These are commonly referred to as Baby Hornets.

F-18E, -18F. The E is a one-seater the F is a two-seater. Commonly referred to as Rhinos (plus there's the -18G).

Marines:

F-18C and -18D. The C is a single-seater and the D is a two-seater. They also have a few A models, I think.

Anyone else having a problem with this on the carrier? when im taking off and some landings it's acting like the LHD and will just stop mid landing/take off. Not having the problem with any other plane just this one.

Anyone else having a problem with this on the carrier? when im taking off and some landings it's acting like the LHD and will just stop mid landing/take off. Not having the problem with any other plane just this one.

I also am having problems with the carrier and this plane but not in the way he's saying. There is also, a random 50%~50% chance my Hornet will do a nose dive into the deck and crash mid take off, not having problems with any other plane, just this one.

But can someone PLEASE fix that problem with Mando missile's pack where if you shoot an AIM-120 you have a high chance of blowing your self up!

Hey, I have read a few posts in this thread dated within the last 2 months or so, saying their F18 is invisible.

I'm having this problem as well. I have installed CBA correctly. I'm using Combined Ops. I have also installed GLT Missilebox. I'm using v1.62 of A2CO.

Basically the aircraft appears to be completely invisible EXCEPT for the canopy glass and PART of the cockpit interior. The weapons appear, but they appear to just be floating on their invisible pylons.

I installed the F18, GLT Missilebox and CBA on another computer using the EXACT SAME FOLDER STRUCTURE (I actually copy n pasted my modfolders onto the other computer) and on the other computer it shows up fine!

What gives?

Thanks for the help..this thing's amazing and I can't see it. ='[

I've had this happen to me too, do you have the latest version for it? Are you running it using Mod folders? I forgot how i fixed it but i was 90% sure i just re-downloaded it and it was fine.

Remove all older versions.. that includes fz_f18.pbo and run only the latest version on the first page.

I seem to have had a duplicate, older version of extended_eventhandlers.pbo in my modfolder. I removed it (since CBA takes care of this, right?) and now I can see it =D

ALTHOUGH I am also getting an error when I start my mission "Cannot open object glt_missilebox\glt_anaaq28\glt_lau2.p3d" Which is odd because I can't find anything wrong after getting that error. However my Mando HUD is flickering on and off wildly when I am in the plane, and it's making it so that I cannot fire weapons because the Mando HUD is taking control of my default method of weapon selection, always snapping to Flares selected, and then the HUD only stays there for an instant so I can't switch modes let alone target and fire weapons. It also makes my Mando air support dialog action disappear from the Action menu after being in a plane and experiencing this weird HUD flickering in and out problem. Grrrrrrrrrr.

I seem to have had a duplicate, older version of extended_eventhandlers.pbo in my modfolder. I removed it (since CBA takes care of this, right?) and now I can see it =D

ALTHOUGH I am also getting an error when I start my mission "Cannot open object glt_missilebox\glt_anaaq28\glt_lau2.p3d" Which is odd because I can't find anything wrong after getting that error. However my Mando HUD is flickering on and off wildly when I am in the plane, and it's making it so that I cannot fire weapons because the Mando HUD is taking control of my default method of weapon selection, always snapping to Flares selected, and then the HUD only stays there for an instant so I can't switch modes let alone target and fire weapons. It also makes my Mando air support dialog action disappear from the Action menu after being in a plane and experiencing this weird HUD flickering in and out problem. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Well for Mando Missile pack, you need to line up a target box, press tab to lock on, and the WIN key (The key between the Alt and Ctrl keys) to fire. With everything else, i would again suggest deleting Mando missile, and GLT and then downloading it again. You're probably just using an older version of the two.

There are many problems with the F-18 and I am not working on it at this moment. If I do.. it will be after my Marines are taken care of. I know this sucks.. I do not like having to do this, but it is in my best interest. I am a Infantryman, so my heart is with the ground pounders.

Well for Mando Missile pack, you need to line up a target box, press tab to lock on, and the WIN key

I know this all too well!

With everything else, i would again suggest deleting Mando missile, and GLT and then downloading it again. You're probably just using an older version of the two.

I downloaded the latest version of GLT, Mando Missile, and the F18 pack all within the last week.

I have incorporated these things into a Domination multiplayer mission, including the Mando Air Support dialog. Everything worked fine until I added a bunch of planes from the Wings of Peace East pack. I am going to try removing them.....I'll let y'all know how that goes.

I have successfully isolated the issue.

The invisible F18 problem is being caused somehow by "extended_eventhandlers.pbo" NOT THE ONE YOU ARE THINKING OF, but ACTUALLY this PBO is included with Wings of Russia's IL76 Candid pack. Removing it from the modfolder along with removing the IL76 from my mission has resolved the issue.

I hope this helps the other people that had the same problem.

EDIT:

I also have resolved the disappearing Mando HUD issue, it seems to have been caused by the addon "USEC Maule M7" Removing this aircraft from my mission causes the HUD issue to stop.

Now if I could just get this last problem sorted: The action menu option to call up the Mando Airsupport dialog sometimes disappears. But this, I suppose, is not the right thread for that problem.

Sorry for opening this back up again, but I could not find an answer with searching.

Has anyone encountered a problem where after taking off and landing, the pilot does not have the "Get Out" scroll menu option? Only eject, which of course doesn't let the pilot back in..

Sorry for opening this back up again, but I could not find an answer with searching.

Has anyone encountered a problem where after taking off and landing, the pilot does not have the "Get Out" scroll menu option? Only eject, which of course doesn't let the pilot back in..

If you see the "Open canopy" option, select that, then you can get out. You need to open the canopy to get in and out of the aircraft.

WOW.

I'm smashing my head against the wall, thanks DeltaDog! Appreciate it haha

Add this to the init of the aircraft. It will give the WSO the ability to launch flares. "this addWeapon "CMFlareLauncher"; this addMagazine "60Rnd_CMFlareMagazine;"

hi Meatball.

As you've been an adviser for john spartan for his models, will you update your work to add flares and rwr to your planes too?

thanks, Wiki