Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

This is not the addon request thread, you can find that here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?74039-Arma-2-Addon-request-thread

Posting request in a specific project thread is annoying for the author unless he is clearly asking for requests (which is not the case here), as well as for any reader who is looking for valuable feedback and info about the project. As such any such requests are considered spam and we do not allow spam!

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

Stonehouse - they are the classnames so you need to use the classname of the F18 you want from Meatball's first post. For RAAF one of...

no_1sqn_204

no_1sqn_206

no_1sqn_208

no_1sqn_210

no_1sqn_212

Thanks Jedra, I guess when I tried doing it before I must have got the case wrong or made a typo. It certainly does work fine though this time around thank you. Now I just have to figure out why the MSO CAS module & the F18 ends up with the aircraft flying around for ever (instead of the 10-15 mins it should) and not engaging any targets lol.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Just wanted to give you all a little heads up on my process.. I am going through the whole addon and making many changes. I will warn you that there are some classname changes, as I have done so much work to this addon that I had to make a change to the model classname and also noticed there was an issue with VectorX96 pilot classname and mine. So I will give you more information when I am ready to release.

10MAY2012

-------------

* FIXED FLARES

* FIXED NAVY FACTION

* FIXED CfgMagazines (578Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT) issue

* FIXED ARMORY issue (gets stuck when trying to load F/A-18)

I will now be working on these issues:

* AFTERBURNER (reworking animation)

* RWR (no missile detection on RWR screen when fired on by AA) - To be honest with you all.. mandoble and I had to remove some parts of this to make it more compatible with MMA, so I don't know if I can get the parts put back in that will fix this issue without causing some compatibility issues with MMA.

* COMPATIBILITY ISSUE WITH JDog's USS NIMITZ (towing, AI Launching and Landing)

* WSO seat crashes game in multiplayer

* when shooting f18 with rifle.. dirt impact

* GPS\INS SYSTEM (Possibly)

Just wanted to give you all a little heads up on my process.. I am going through the whole addon and making many changes. I will warn you that there are some classname changes

That shouldn't be too much of a problem, There have been a few classname changes along the way with this and the Mar_pilot addon. It would be nice to get a note in the readme that classname "x" changed to "y". It makes it easier for existing missions with old classname's to be edited in notepad. I found previously that a missing classname could crash my game I am not sure why?

I am looking forward to trying out your hard work again Meatball, this update sounds very promising so thanks for your hard work.

Cheers

Meatball, great stuff your working on!

RWR comment: Please don't make it dependent on MMA, now I like MMA and use it sometimes but i would hate to see your mod dependent on it for RWR, I hope there is another choice that can be found.

Thanks for continuing this fantastic plane.

+1 @ vengeance1

that's why i didn't use your plane in any of my missions, although I wanted to:

it's a great addon, but i'd like it not to be dependent on MMA.

it is almost perfect, the 3 things I'd really like to be implmented are

-GPS\INS SYSTEM

-RWR

-Flares

if you could release this addon as a stand alone (without dependent on any other addon -except GLT-) I think it would be one of the best addon on arma 2.

The F/A-18 or the RWR is not dependent on MMA. The RWR conflicts with MMA to a certain degree, but I will test again to see if maybe with other changes that the problem may be fixed. Once again, mar_f18.pbo is not dependent on MMA.

@Wiki

Flares have been fixed and added.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

That shouldn't be too much of a problem, There have been a few classname changes along the way with this and the Mar_pilot addon. It would be nice to get a note in the readme that classname "x" changed to "y". It makes it easier for existing missions with old classname's to be edited in notepad. I found previously that a missing classname could crash my game I am not sure why?

I am looking forward to trying out your hard work again Meatball, this update sounds very promising so thanks for your hard work.

Cheers

The aircraft classnames have not been changed in the config, it is the model classname that I changed. So in other words it is no longer fz_f18f_aws now it is mar_fa18f_superhornet and mar_fa18e_superhornet

Not sure if you or anyone else is having this problem or knows of it. But I have the latest version of this and for some odd reason when i placed a couple of them in the Editor on the Carrier and put the lines

this animate ["l_wingfold",1]

this animate ["r_wingfold",1] it fails to work.

The Canopy opens but the wings remain unfolded. Anyone else here having this issue?

Also I saw that long ago way back at the start of this forum someone asked how to make the mission start with wings folded for all Aircraft on deck. I read the whole forum but I never saw anyone come up with the Solution.

just said to look into scripting for it. And to use the above lines which right now dont seem to work ,for me at least.

I had a friend of mine make a few missions where we started with wings down but he used the init file,however its been so long I don't remember what or how he pulled it off.

@eaglezero6205 for me it works fine, are you sure you don't make some typo error ? (like a ";" missing somewhere)

Interestingly enough i went back into some of my missions I made before I the release of the new f-18 back when it was called the Fz-18 and made some adjustments then coy pasted them form my mission and Vwala it worked. Just doesn't seem to work when i type it in. I guess its just one of those editor things. Also the TOW Tractor script that runs with the Carrier itself was giving me ACE Stamina Errors so I copied over the Old Tow tractor script and now I dont get the errors and all is well. Just cant rearm anyone else s plane but my own in Multiplayer and no one else can rearm but me. LOL. Im sure there's an Explanation somewhere for that one too. I just have to find it.

What are the classnames of the Missiles? I am making a script that will give the plane unlimited ammo:

this addeventhandler ["Fired",{if (_this select 1=="Strela") then {_this select 0 addMagazine (_this select 5)}}]

I want to replace Strela with a missile classname.

Hello, i have downloaded the F/A-18F and i would like to make a custom payloads, but i have a problem: i want to place 12x AIM-120C on my payloads but the ATFLIR model dont went to get out, is fix, so the last aim 120 is not modeling

The [this removeMagazine "GLT_1Rnd_ANAAQ28";] command doesn't work. Thank for you reply and sorry for my bad english.

Here the init code of my F-18

this removeWeapon "GLT_AGM65_Launcher";this removeWeapon "GLT_MK82_Launcher";this removeMagazine "GLT_2Rnd_AIM9M";this removeMagazine 

"GLT_4Rnd_AIM120";this removeMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_AGM65";this removeMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_MK82";this removeMagazine 

"GLT_1Rnd_fz_f18_droptank";this removeMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_fz_f18_dualrail";this addMagazine "GLT_2Rnd_AIM9M";this addMagazine 

"GLT_1Rnd_fz_f18_droptank";this addMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_fz_f18_dualrail";this addMagazine "GLT_12Rnd_AIM120";

What are the classnames of the Missiles? I am making a script that will give the plane unlimited ammo:

this addeventhandler ["Fired",{if (_this select 1=="Strela") then {_this select 0 addMagazine (_this select 5)}}]

I want to replace Strela with a missile classname.

Or you could just use

"this addeventhandler ["fired", {(_this select 0) setvehicleammo 1}]"

Seeing its a aircraft multiple magazines aren't really needed.

Edited by Scarecrow398

Hello, i have downloaded the F/A-18F and i would like to make a custom payloads, but i have a problem: i want to place 12x AIM-120C on my payloads but the ATFLIR model dont went to get out, is fix, so the last aim 120 is not modeling

The [this removeMagazine "GLT_1Rnd_ANAAQ28";] command doesn't work. Thank for you reply and sorry for my bad english.

Here the init code of my F-18

this removeWeapon "GLT_AGM65_Launcher";this removeWeapon "GLT_MK82_Launcher";this removeMagazine "GLT_2Rnd_AIM9M";this removeMagazine 

"GLT_4Rnd_AIM120";this removeMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_AGM65";this removeMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_MK82";this removeMagazine 

"GLT_1Rnd_fz_f18_droptank";this removeMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_fz_f18_dualrail";this addMagazine "GLT_2Rnd_AIM9M";this addMagazine 

"GLT_1Rnd_fz_f18_droptank";this addMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_fz_f18_dualrail";this addMagazine "GLT_12Rnd_AIM120";

No idea?

Braker355

If someone knows the answer to your query, they will answer. You do not need to continuously bump the thread.

I might suggest either reading the Missile Box thread, or asking [GLT]Myke if he can help you use his module.

No idea?

After removing magazines and weapons, try :this addWeapon "GLT_AIM120_Launcher", before adding the magazines?

ie

this removeWeapon "GLT_AGM65_Launcher";this removeWeapon "GLT_MK82_Launcher";this removeMagazine "GLT_2Rnd_AIM9M";this removeMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_AIM120"; this removeMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_AGM65"; this removeMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_MK82";this removeMagazine "GLT_1Rnd_fz_f18_droptank"; this removeMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_fz_f18_dualrail";this addMagazine "GLT_2Rnd_AIM9M";this addMagazine "GLT_1Rnd_fz_f18_droptank";this addMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_fz_f18_dualrail"; addWeapon "GLT_AIM120_Launcher", this addMagazine "GLT_12Rnd_AIM120";

Also you have not added the dualrail weapon, I am not familiar with that one.

No idea?

You simply can't remove the targeting pod, its integral to the model, as noticed if you put the ammo slider on it to zero.

For the next versions, the engines have to be MUCH MORE POWERFUL! I can barely do an inside loop with a large radius without afterburners because I always stall very quickly. The acceleration is crap and you can barely turn in any way without stalling. When I turn the afterburner on it's much better but it consumes WAY to much fuel.

For the next versions, the engines have to be MUCH MORE POWERFUL! I can barely do an inside loop with a large radius without afterburners because I always stall very quickly. The acceleration is crap and you can barely turn in any way without stalling. When I turn the afterburner on it's much better but it consumes WAY to much fuel.

+1

Also, how can I disable this annoying reticle? I disabled crosshairs in the difficulty settings, but it doesn't work for planes.

It's getting in the way, not just in F-18 but all the other planes, help would be much appreciated.

reticel.jpg

The HUD seems to disappear a few seconds after I star the aircraft unless I go to the third person view for about 30 seconds after engine startup. If not, all thats displaced is airspeed, gun ammo, and altitude I believe...that screenshot posted by Svarun actually shows it pretty well

For some reason, in certain missions of mine, the body of the f18 is invisible for me. It seems that in missions that I put a lot of content on, the body of the f18 is invisible. Whereas if I don't put anything else on a map, the model shows up fine. Can anyone help me?

I have a Problem with the Mod.

I found nothing on Google, so I'll have to ask here.

I played this a while ago with my old HD 6790, but the card broke and I couldnt play anything anymore (Everything what needed more videoram than a video, was causing my PC to shut down :D)

Now I have a 5770 which works also fine, but the Model of the F18 is not there anymore!!!

Its like theres a ghost-aircraft, with a few details (Pilot, bit of the Cockpit, only a few textures).

But theres no full texture!!!

The bombs and missiles are just hanging in the air, and I cant run through the plane.

But the Pilots are there (Actually looking very cool ^^)

Also im able to enter the plane, but thats like being surronded by a glass plane

Im running ArmA II Combined Operations on Win7 64bit with BAF as AddOn with Steam.

Sry, if theres another question like mine, but I found nothing on google.

kind regards panande

Edited by panande

I use stick and throttle sometimes and other times I use mouse and keyboard. Either way I still can't do anything that has even a medium sized turn radius. And the pilot blackout is also really annoying.