Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Abosolutely awesome plane. I have a few suggestions that I think would make it even more awesome. :cool:

-Higher res exterior texture (when you look at it from 50ft or closer, it looks very pixelated

-More realistic cockpit dimensions

-More weapons choices by default (SEAD would be nice)

-Option to use the droptank if you have one on your plane. It should refuel your plane halfway or something.

-Better sounds. I think the sound quality makes or breaks an addon.

-A fully functional HUD. Like on the new F14 that came out recently. This is very important.

-Adding a 1 seater Fa18E would be cool

Thats about all I can think of right now. Thoughts?

Thanks again for making the awesome addon.

Would be better if the cockpit could be improved. A little bit edged.

I learned much from working on the F/A-18 project, so when I start working on it again I will look into sprucing up the cockpit.

Abosolutely awesome plane. I have a few suggestions that I think would make it even more awesome. :cool:

-Higher res exterior texture (when you look at it from 50ft or closer, it looks very pixelated

-More realistic cockpit dimensions

-More weapons choices by default (SEAD would be nice)

-Option to use the droptank if you have one on your plane. It should refuel your plane halfway or something.

-Better sounds. I think the sound quality makes or breaks an addon.

-A fully functional HUD. Like on the new F14 that came out recently. This is very important.

-Adding a 1 seater Fa18E would be cool

Thats about all I can think of right now. Thoughts?

Thanks again for making the awesome addon.

Yeah those are only a few suggestions...... :)

I haven't forgotten about the F/A-18.. I am just occupied doing my MARSOC Marines. I spent months concentrating on the F/A-18 and now it is time to show my original project some love. I will be looking to add/improve to the F/A-18 in the near future. Thanks for commenting and I will look into your suggestions. Thanks.

Edited by Meatball0311

I learned much from working on the F/A-18 project, so when I start working on it again I will look into sprucing up the cockpit.

Good to hear. This mod is great, especially the inclusion of the RAAF skins. Cheers mate!:) And with mando missiles... a whole lotta fun.

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with them when you get back to it.

Good to hear. This mod is great, especially the inclusion of the RAAF skins. Cheers mate!:) And with mando missiles... a whole lotta fun.

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with them when you get back to it.

Thanks a lot mate! I am looking forward to start working on her again.. hopefully soon.

all of a sudden getting this:

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses.USNavy'

never happened before. Running no mods except CBA, GLT missile box and this.

Do you have the addon JDG Nimitz?

It is not required, but until the next update, if you do not have that addon then you will get the No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses.USNavy' error. It is annoying, but does not effect gameplay.

Ah...yeah I do have it but I had it disabled cuz I was just doing a test with Blake's PINS addon...which btw for some reason does not work with the F/A-18. The CCIP/CCRP does, but it never gives me the option to arm the laser. I'll post on that thread as well...issue might be on the PINS side

EDIT: ok tried again. i stand corrected. CCIP and CCRP do not work either. it doesnt allow me to set ripple intervals, and doesnt show me the "pipper" either. any way you can work PINS compatibilty into your next addon if you have spare time? that would be awesome

Edited by islesfan186

Sound Confirmed!

But why plane jumping on fron wheels :D?!

Sound Confirmed!

Because he's happy? ;)

Nice jet. Would be better if the polygon cockpit could be improved.

@Lao Fei Mao

My friend what do you see that I don't?

fa18ef04.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

arma2oa2012042608125875.jpg

imagesca2sj60n.jpg

arma2oa2012042608184906.jpg

Sound Confirmed!

lt49fZGqs2g

I see a little bobbing going on in this video and every other video that I have watched of a F/A-18 taxing. Now, granted there may be just a little more in game, but can't have everything perfect and remember this is a game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be going over the whole addon and improving on many things. When I started this, I was fairly new to addon making. I have learned much from my projects, so I will go over this and make improvements that I can.

These are some of the things I will be working on:

* FLARES

* NAVY FACTION

* GPS\INS SYSTEM (Possible)

* CfgMagazines (578Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT) issue

* ARMORY issue (gets stuck when trying to load F/A-18)

* AFTERBURNER

* RWR (no missile detection on RWR screen when fired on by AA)

* COMPATIBILITY ISSUE WITH JDog's USS NIMITZ (towing, AI Launching and Landing)

* WSO seat crashes game in multiplayer

The 'jumping' I think is more from the ground being rough and how the AI likes to make those mirco adjustments to stay in a line as he taxis. It all looks like it adds up to it bouncing around lol that's my opinion though XD

Sound Confirmed!

'Coz arma's suspension simulation isn't "Rolls-Royce-ish", smoothing it all :p

Anyway back to topic, nice to see you're making the E variant, always wondered why was there a lonely one-seater canopy in the editor :rolleyes:

Meatball, that second picture you just posted, that's a single-seater. Have you released a single-seater that I have dumbly missed?

Meatball, that second picture you just posted, that's a single-seater. Have you released a single-seater that I have dumbly missed?

Looky :)

Hi,

I'm hoping Meatball or someone who knows more about scripting than me- which would not be hard - can help me. I'm building an AAW based MSO and would like to add the F18 to the CAS script so there is an RAAF CAS unit. The MSO editing pretty says that you can plug anything as long as you know the correct type.

From the MAR_F18 doco I can't find that info and when I depbo'd the files my best guess was as shown below - thinking that the name of the pbo was it. However while I don't get any errors reported the unit doesn't seem to spawn which makes me think I've got the type wrong. If someone can tell me if there is a way to work out this sort of thing that would be really helpful too as I figure I'll hit the same problem again sooner or later. As you can it's not the class name or the unit name used but a type.

waitUntil {LDL_initDone};

RMM_cas_types = [

"A10",

"AH64D",

"AH1Z",

"C130J",

"MQ9PredatorB",

"MAR_F18"

];

RMM_cas_lines = [

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Stonehouse - they are the classnames so you need to use the classname of the F18 you want from Meatball's first post. For RAAF one of...

no_1sqn_204

no_1sqn_206

no_1sqn_208

no_1sqn_210

no_1sqn_212

Which countermeasure systems is the Super Bug compatible with? I'm not able to drop any chaffs/flares. I'm not sure if it's because I have a few different countermeasure addons running and there's a conflict.

Which countermeasure systems is the Super Bug compatible with? I'm not able to drop any chaffs/flares. I'm not sure if it's because I have a few different countermeasure addons running and there's a conflict.

Why not disable those mods temporarely to find out? If without those mods the chaff/flares work, enable one at a time and check until you found the (possibly) conflicting mod.

It's a known problem and Meatball is working on the fix. There is a post by Meatball a page or see this link, so with a bit of luck he will be able to resolve it with the next update.