Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Do USMC fixed-wing pilots wear MARPAT helmet covers? I thought it was only USMC rotary-wing crewmen that did that. Anyway, looking good.

Thanks Laqueesha!

While not always the case, many times it is easy to tell if a pilot on a carrier is a Marine or Navy Pilot. Marines wear camno covers and green tee-shirts while Navy wears a white high vis reflective taped helmets designed for water recovery and a tee-shirt or turtle neck colored for their command.

I have some problem by adding a guy in the WSO seat. I have figured out that it must be a commander the WSO guy is but the "this moveincommander" command doesn't work.

I have some problem by adding a guy in the WSO seat. I have figured out that it must be a commander the WSO guy is but the "this moveincommander" command doesn't work.

i believe this moveingunner

i believe this moveingunner

Well I tested that too but it didn't work. :/

Still doesn't work. Also I think you need to change the class name for the new pilot because when you add a plane with pilot in it says "Bad vehicle type mar_figther_pilot"!

Actually you need to download the newest version of the pilot.. i changed the classname to usmc_fighter_pilot. Download the pilot here

mar_pilot_V1.0

ERASE ALL OLDER VERSIONS!!!!!!!!

Yea but the class name in the planes config is wrong, it says that mar_fighter_pilot still is the "real" pilot. And I still haven't managed to get the F-18 "gunner" to work. :(

Meatball, i have a problem with the textures of your beautiful plane. While starting on the ground, i can only see the canopy and missiles. While leaving ground, Mando activates, after that the full plane is visible but i can't pull up the gear.

While starting in the air, there are no such problems. So I don't know if it's a problem with the f18 or with Mando missiles.

Yea but the class name in the planes config is wrong, it says that mar_fighter_pilot still is the "real" pilot. And I still haven't managed to get the F-18 "gunner" to work. :(

exactly

You are all going to have to wait until i release the next update. Some of you are not even using the correct version.

As of now, I will not answer any questions until I release the next version. If you are having problems then dont use the addon.

Alert! Greenhorn about to post, ready your flamethrowers!

First off I want to thank you for this fantastic addon, it is truly one of the great additions everyone should put in their ArmA2 client.

I have however encountered a rather annoying issue when combining this aircraft with another addon, yeah you guessed it, the Nimitz carrier (props to respective owners).

I feel the need to mention that I have spent about an hour or so exercising my google-fu and searching these forums for the same issue but I havn't come across it yet, which sort of makes me afraid I'm the only one missing out on these addons' full potential.

Now to the point.

The problem occurs when landing on the Nimitz carrier and it behaves in such a way that I believe it is related to the aircraft in question rather than the carrier, but as I'm no wizard when it comes to addons I could be wrong.

I point the plane along the on-board runway, drop the gear, flaps, tailhook and reduce speed to about 250kph, let the plane glide towards the appropriate landing zone, touch the deck and floor the throttle (so to speak) to simulate an actual carrier landing. So far so good, the wheels hit the deck just fine and the hook catches the cables and stops the aircraft. However about midway through the deceleration the landing gear starts to retract into the aircraft, playing the retraction animation and all, and ends up setting the aircraft on it's belly, causing severe damage. Any attempt to launch the aircraft turns it into a giant fireball travelling at 196kph and shortly after launch hitting the ocean.

Now, I have ofcourse tried landing other aircraft than the F18 on the Nimitz carrier and they all do fine, F14s, F15s, F16s, F22s, F35s, Eurofighters and so on and neither of them have this issue, they all work just fine. I have also tried different approach vectors, speeds etc as if that would have any effect.

I even went so far as to uninstall the entire game, removing all the addons and downloading them again after the fresh install but the problem persists. I am, ofcourse, using all the latest versions.

I don't really know if You can do anything about this problem or if there would have to be some sort of collaboration to find our what's going on.

I'm also sorry if this has been reported several times before, I have not been able to find anyone else describing this exact problem but then again I have been known to not always find everything that's lurking around the interwebs.

Edited by KBK

However about midway through the deceleration the landing gear starts to retract into the aircraft, playing the retraction animation and all, and ends up setting the aircraft on it's belly

Getting AI to land on the carrier also produces something similar [using playmove]. The landing gear doesn't extend until it senses the F18 is on the deck. I was thinking about attaching [attchto] something underneith the f18 to force the AI to use the gear. Similar to what is being done in the underwater diving mod by Fient.

This is my biggest issue...but as meatball say's, I will wait patiently for the release of the new version and see if the issue persists.

Hi guy, i have been experiencing crashes to desktop whenever i get into the fa-18. I have downloaded GLT MB and GLT RAW and it still always crashes when i try to get into the plane. what i get is a blackscreen and when i tab out, there is a crash message on the desktop. I also have the newest CBA version installed. Pls help me :(

btw you might know me as sgt. hannes ingame

You are all going to have to wait until i release the next update. Some of you are not even using the correct version.

As of now, I will not answer any questions until I release the next version. If you are having problems then dont use the addon.

Make sure you read the entire last page before you post...

Actually you need to download the newest version of the pilot.. i changed the classname to usmc_fighter_pilot. Download the pilot here

mar_pilot_V1.0

ERASE ALL OLDER VERSIONS!!!!!!!!

Erm I don't want to burst any bubbles but, the file you are pointing at dear meatball mar_pilot_V1.0 I get this message

File Removed for Violation, The file you requested has been removed from MediaFire for a violation of our Terms of Service or our Acceptable Use Policy ....

anyway I downloaded your newer fighter pilots from armaholic, if they are not the updated ones maybe you can contact an admin there so they will upload the correct ones. also a report on the gear, I am not sure if it is supposed to be like that but there is not any action present in the scroll bar for extracting or retracting the gear, when I launch the F18 from the outer left launch pad of the nimitz the gear is not extracting after launch. however it does work fine when I launch form other launch pads.

ohw it should be this moveingunner ''vehiclename'' but that does not seem to work on the F18 maybe you can look in to it by doing it in the editor maybe you can see then whats causing it, ohw i also tried this assignasgunner ''vehiclename'' and it does not work either while moveindriver works perfectly, maybe it is something in the config settings of the addon that you need to adjust ...

and ehm keep it cool :cool: people are only asking because they want it to work properly and to my knowledge thats common sense to ask the author for info or adjustments, you can only be happy that people are in fact trying to figure it out. anyway nice work meatball so far, iron out those small issues and you have a hell of an addon. for me already standard issue in my mod folder :D

kind regards

Edited by KBourne

when i use it crashes and says it can't find the p3d file for aim-120 from the glt missile box

help!

you need to update your missile box to the latest version

Mandatory GLT Missilebox - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6071

now you will be set up entirely on the GLT setups be sure to take the latest update on the F18 if you are not sure how to keep your addons up to date consider installing six updater - its a nice tool you can run once in a while to check for updates on addons, http://www.six-updater.net/p/download.html

I hope this helps ;)

kind regards

Edited by KBourne

@KBourne

since a few versions the GLT Missilebox includes the GBU-43/B MOAB and the Aerial Weapons replacement pack so those 2 are obsolete. Backward compatibility is given so missions made before this update should work without problems.

So really needed is "only" the latest GLT Missilebox, the Real Air Weapons is optional as it only alters BIS missiles and bombs to realistic values.

If you would be so kind to edit your post to make sure people don't get confused. Thank you very much.

Myke;2063205']@KBourne

If you would be so kind to edit your post to make sure people don't get confused. Thank you very much.

Don ;) but now i am a bit confusing I merely installed all those packs because it is still up on armaholic and also on the six updater thats why i downloaded them all ... but no worries now I know that I will delete those that are not needed anymore ...

maybe that was the reason why I had some problems with locking to targets with mando missiles ...

kind regards

Edited by KBourne

i m getting a fighter pilot error

Use the pilots that are delivered in the package on armaholic, the separate pilots from meatball on armaholic and also uploaded on the six updater are not matching the configs in the plane yet.

It needs to get updated first and thus the reason why you get an error.

kind regards

Great work. Finally a kickass jet to operate off that Nimitz class carrier.

There are some things I think that may be nice to have in future versions. Some skins without the pilot and WSO names on them would be good. Also. I'm hoping more of the functional that was in the ArmA1 Super Hornet addon returns. Things like the kickass programmable JSOWs, selectable loadouts, and more information on the MFDs. With OA now one can add a proper targeting pod with FLIR.

Edited by ReconTeam
Removed a stupid comment on my part.