Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!! MARINE F/A-18F SUPER HORNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome! Maybe they got the idea from me?;)

@ Pharohx

Thanks brother you have been a great help to me.. thank you for taking the time and effort!! You rock.

@ Everyone

I am stuck a little on this one part that I am trying to add, but I will get it together soon and you will all enjoy it. Back to the lab.....

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Any plans to remove the mandatory map marker that appears when one (or more) of the F18s is used in a mission. It'll constantly mark the F18's position, and if you have more than one in the mission the script that is running can't decide which plane to track with the marker so it flits around all over the map marking one then the other, then another and completely spazzes out. Not only is it annoying but seems to cause some desync in MP.

I think you have an old version.. download the latest in my signature. I took that out awhile ago.

Edited by Meatball0311

Just wanted to pop my head in here and let you all know that the project is still moving forward. I am just trying to get this thing in a close to final state as possible. I have been adding some stuff and also working on the pilot. At the sametime been working on my Marines too. Hopefully will have some screens to post soon.

No one will debug all that for you.

As previously said, disable all the mods but FA-18 and CBA, then add the rest you want to use, one by one, till you find the culprit. Simple enough i would say

Well I figured it out, all of my .pbos for GLT missilebox vanished from the material sphere....... so Im good now

Hey Meatball, we're still seeing the markers in MP, it happened in a mission on chernarus with 2 navy F-18's.

Hey Meatball, we're still seeing the markers in MP, it happened in a mission on chernarus with 2 navy F-18's.

hmmmm.... will check it out. I changed the name of the pbo to mar_f18.. did you delete fz_f18.pbo?

hmmmm.... will check it out. I changed the name of the pbo to mar_f18.. did you delete fz_f18.pbo?

I can't speak for Fisgas but I know I did, and was still able to see the Icon.

There is a problem with this addon, the Nimitz and the latest Beta (don't have time testing other betas atm but I will test more tomorrow). When you catch an arresting cable the aircraft blows up. Simple as that^^ Just to let you know ;) I don't know if it's only with your F/A-18. The BIS Harrier works and I'm going to test other planes tomorrow.

Cheers

Edited by Derbysieger

There is a problem with this addon, the Nimitz and the latest Beta (don't have time testing other betas atm but I will test more tomorrow). When you catch an arresting cable the aircraft blows up. Simple as that^^ Just to let you know ;) I don't know if it's only with your F/A-18. The BIS Harrier works and I'm going to test other planes tomorrow.

Cheers

I have done much to improve the landing in the next update....

Talking about update I hope to have something soon for you guys.... just waiting to finish with one thing.....

Cheers

Maybe you should check your speed? Did a couple of landings last night OK, though did get a terminal launch event of catapult 1, exploding before take off. But think that may be a Nimitz issue.

Landing with it on the carrier has been one of the main issues, but i'm sure Meatball's on it ;) Back when the plane had no dampers, it was fairly easy to land on the carrier without too much trouble. In the latest versions the accident rate pretty much went through the roof, but we'll just have to wait for the next version.

Maybe you should check your speed? Did a couple of landings last night OK, though did get a terminal launch event of catapult 1, exploding before take off. But think that may be a Nimitz issue.

It's definately a problem with the latest beta. I can land the F/A-18 fine without the beta patch. I tried the F-16, A-10, F-22, Harrier and C-130 and landed without problems. I will try other Beta-Patches now.

€: 84749 is fine. Now trying 84984

€²: 84984 also works.

Seems my problem solved itself with 84984

Edited by Derbysieger

I think there was a problem with the dampers last version.. this upcoming version I believe I fixed it and it is easier to land.

Pharohx has been helping out a lot with reworking the pilot and we are just waiting on finishing up a few things and a update should be coming. I have been working on the startup sound and engine idle... here's a video

u5wBI905_Cw

When you run out of fuel and your engine is off, because of running out of fuel. You can no longer eject? Is this an Arma 2 problem? Also, you cannot eject as a WSO in the back seat, even after the pilot has ejected.

Edited by BittleRyan

When you run out of fuel and your engine is off, because of running out of fuel. You can no longer eject? Is this an Arma 2 problem? Also, you cannot eject as a WSO in the back seat, even after the pilot has ejected.

I can't confirm the if you run out of fuel you can't eject, because i never let the plane's fuel reach zero. As for ejecting issues in the f-18, well i believe it's been fixed for the upcoming version.

What's going on everyone, well sorry I never came back to let you know how my issue with the F 18 went, with the drop tank only and no weapons, I been working 80+ hour weeks so I havent had time to play as much as I would like:mad: I downloaded all the lastest patches, I bought Arma Reinforcements and the British kick ass, question, I think I was talking to Proto about this about a month ago, but you said delete all my mods out and re add them one by one, the only question I have and I forgot but what would the Target line look like? -mod@foldername, say if I have multiple different folders. Thanks...

What's going on everyone, well sorry I never came back to let you know how my issue with the F 18 went, with the drop tank only and no weapons, I been working 80+ hour weeks so I havent had time to play as much as I would like:mad: I downloaded all the lastest patches, I bought Arma Reinforcements and the British kick ass, question, I think I was talking to Proto about this about a month ago, but you said delete all my mods out and re add them one by one, the only question I have and I forgot but what would the Target line look like? -mod@foldername, say if I have multiple different folders. Thanks...

Check your PM box. You might also want to try a "launcher" that will let you turn mods on and off on the fly. I don't use a launcher but stick with the ingame mod selection screen and have never had a problem.

Have you fixed the marker spamming? Because its STILL there in the latest version despite claims to the contrary. I've checked and there is no other version of the F18 still running (I'd get duplicate classname errors anyway if there were).

Have you fixed the marker spamming? Because its STILL there in the latest version despite claims to the contrary. I've checked and there is no other version of the F18 still running (I'd get duplicate classname errors anyway if there were).

I am pretty sure that it is removed on this next update...

I can't confirm the if you run out of fuel you can't eject, because i never let the plane's fuel reach zero. As for ejecting issues in the f-18, well i believe it's been fixed for the upcoming version.

Well after using the afterburner when being chased by a bogey who was too good of a pilot. I found that you run out of fuel very fast :) I think when your engine is off you cannot eject, when you run out of fuel your engine turns off therefore you cannot eject.

Next time take a peek at your fuel bar :p

But i'll admit that theory sounds promissing, i'll test it out on a few other planes and edit this post afterwards.

EDIT: Pretty sure it isn't BIS problem, tested a few of the standard planes and the eject action doesn't go away if run out of juice.

As i said before, i'd wait for the next version ;)

Edited by Evil_Brownie

Next time take a peek at your fuel bar :p

Oh I noticed it, but I was bored so I decided I was going to purposefully land with no fuel, therefore no engine. When I found out I was about 100 meters short of the runway and it would be impossible to make it I went to eject, it wasn't there. I think you can foreshadow what happened next. :D

Oh I noticed it, but I was bored so I decided I was going to purposefully land with no fuel, therefore no engine. When I found out I was about 100 meters short of the runway and it would be impossible to make it I went to eject, it wasn't there. I think you can foreshadow what happened next. :D

xD i expect mild panic and: oh no...

Hello everyone it has been a while since I posted. I would first like to give a huge thanks to Pharohx for working with me on this project. Like I mentioned before been working with Pharohx on making a realistic Marine fighter pilot. Would like to share some screens with you all and reassure you that the project is still going and I would like for the next update to solve many issuse. I cant give any specific day that the next update will occure, but I can say that it wont be until this pilot is good to go. Pharohx has been working hard in helping out and the pilot is coming along nicely. Here are some screens:

buldozer2011-10-0818-44-41-73.jpg

buldozer2011-10-0818-44-55-37.jpg

buldozer2011-10-0818-45-03-77.jpg

buldozer2011-10-0818-45-36-58.jpg