Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

By past experience, yes, add your mods back one by one. Alternately you can put 3 or 4 at a time and if you get errors that time, you'll know one of those 3 or 4 was causing it.

Nice update. The textures are,great but i cant get in to the gunner seat in the editor is that sepose to be? You change the class names now all missions are useless lots off hours work but thx any way gonna work it out

I have to thank you Davey, because you actually helped me solve the issue with the ejection seat and WSO. I had removed the WSO from being the primary gunner so you wouldn't have to switch to manual mode every time you started a mission.

I have fixed the ejection issue, now both pilot and gunner eject. Also, now you can select to be "player as pilot", "player as gunner", "playable as pilot", "playable as gunner" in the editor.

Unfortunately, now if you are the pilot you will have to switch to manual mode in order to fire the missiles, or drop bombs.

We are getting F-18 swamped today. 8 more just arrived here. Must be for the Raiders and 49ers games tomorrow.

We are getting F-18 swamped today. 8 more just arrived here. Must be for the Raiders and 49ers games tomorrow.

Funny!

Thanks Porter... LOL

@ Meatball

Any idea how soon it will you be for the next version?

Thanks Porter... LOL

@ Meatball

Any idea how soon it will you be for the next version?

I have been working on my original project.. mar_inf_marines this past week. I also have family that came in from overseas, so I will be busy. I have fixed many of the issues, but am stuck on the issue of the pilot entering an "empty" vehicle, the useractions or startup sequence does not work. I have been in touch with Mandoble and he gave me some suggestions that I have not had time to work on. I hopefully will have this resolved as soon as I focus on the F/A-18.

Take your time meatball. You need a break. I am in works tracking down a one seater for you. Just waiting on a email. Let you know if it works out.

Do you use any other mods related in any way to how planes will work?

Let's say, to name a few:

glt's missile box (update it to 3.5 perhaps)

glt's real air weapons

mma

You could try and do some tests like this: start by only putting this plane and its required addons and see if everything works, and then add your additional mods (one by one) that you use and try to find the mod that is causing said errors (this is a bit tedious i admit, but it has worked for me more than once).

Edited by Evil_Brownie
Keep forgeting details : P

Well I don't have FDF, any idea if another mod coulcause this problem?

If you suspect a mod may be the reason why you're having problems the best thing to do is to turn off all mods and start loading them one at a time. When you start the game and you find the F-18 has a problem, the mod you just loaded is most likely the cause.

You can also list all mods you are using. Someone may see a mod that they have previously used with the F-18 that caused problems.

If you suspect a mod may be the reason why you're having problems the best thing to do is to turn off all mods and start loading them one at a time. When you start the game and you find the F-18 has a problem, the mod you just loaded is most likely the cause.

You can also list all mods you are using. Someone may see a mod that they have previously used with the F-18 that caused problems.

Here are my mods:

Islands:

Island Panthera

Vostok winter

Waves

Nogova 2010

Aircaft:

MiG-15 Fagot

F-14 Tomcat

Su-33 Flanker D

Sh-60 Seahawk

Su-22 Fitter

F-4 Phantom II

Armored:

CH M1 Abrams pack

Units:

USMC Desert

USMC Winter

TF-86 SEALs

Weapons:

Rkt Weapons

Glt missilebox

VIL West weapons pack

Other:

MMA

Generation Kill

I dont know what version of the F/A-18 you are using, but the latest version (1.8) now requires that you have CBA installed.

GLT missilebox also requires CBA to work, so you will need it no matter what version of F/A-18 you are using since the missilebox has been a required addon from the start.

That should take care of your problem.

Dont know if it is me or not but it seems the new GLT Missilebox throws the weapons slots configuration off. I dont know if it is due to the version I have or if it is on Mykes end. Can anyone confirm this?

Here are my mods:

Islands:

Island Panthera

Vostok winter

Waves

Nogova 2010

Aircaft:

MiG-15 Fagot

F-14 Tomcat

Su-33 Flanker D

Sh-60 Seahawk

Su-22 Fitter

F-4 Phantom II

Armored:

CH M1 Abrams pack

Units:

USMC Desert

USMC Winter

TF-86 SEALs

Weapons:

Rkt Weapons

Glt missilebox

VIL West weapons pack

Other:

MMA

Generation Kill

No one will debug all that for you.

As previously said, disable all the mods but FA-18 and CBA, then add the rest you want to use, one by one, till you find the culprit. Simple enough i would say

Just wanted to drop by and update you all on the progress of V1.9

Yesterday finally got fixed the issue with boarding an empty F/A-18 and not getting the normal useractions or startup sequence.. (thanks to Mandoble) so that is fixed along with many others. I want to make sure many if not all the issues are resolved before I release the next update. I think everyone and myself would appreciate not having so many updates. I am also working on something I think is really cool. Thanks for following this progress and hope all is well with you all.

I have been working on my original project.. mar_inf_marines this past week. I also have family that came in from overseas, so I will be busy. I have fixed many of the issues, but am stuck on the issue of the pilot entering an "empty" vehicle, the useractions or startup sequence does not work. I have been in touch with Mandoble and he gave me some suggestions that I have not had time to work on. I hopefully will have this resolved as soon as I focus on the F/A-18.

Thanks Meatball, no rush! :)

Hey I have more info for your pilot, if you are interested, I will PM you.

Well Meatball,

Guess what just flew in......

No more fantasy...LOL

I snapped so many pics I think I broke my phone....

Thats right, disbelievers... 2 Marine F/A-18F's..... Winning!

2011-09-17_08-27-02_281.jpg

2011-09-17_08-24-41_850.jpg

2011-09-17_08-33-52_688.jpg

Any plans to remove the mandatory map marker that appears when one (or more) of the F18s is used in a mission. It'll constantly mark the F18's position, and if you have more than one in the mission the script that is running can't decide which plane to track with the marker so it flits around all over the map marking one then the other, then another and completely spazzes out. Not only is it annoying but seems to cause some desync in MP.