Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Forgot to mention that since i corrected the double addon issue, i hadn't tried flying in Chernarus, which i just did and i'm very happy to say: no stutter at all

: D

Everything worked as it should, only the already known "i'm not able to get out of the plane" issue remained.

Forgot to mention that since i corrected the double addon issue, i hadn't tried flying in Chernarus, which i just did and i'm very happy to say: no stutter at all

: D

Everything worked as it should, only the already known "i'm not able to get out of the plane" issue remained.

Nice! Yeah I tested 5 F-18 vers 5 SU-34 and there was no lagging except once when a plane exploded right in front of me!

good plane dude

Thanks!

So far I have gotten the duplication error fixed and the getting out with canopy closed issue fixed. I need to work a little on the dampers as they are not too forgiving when you land at a higher speed. You have to nail it just right not to blow out your gears.

Remember, always delete the old addon before you put the new one it.. it is the safest way!

Ok some things ive noted with latest release, dont think ive seen anyone post them so far.

#1 Ejecting from the plane only shoots the pilot up in the air, the WSO is still back in the chair (noticed this while i was WSO ejecting and seeing myself go down with plane) tested multiple times and diffrent versions of the plane, also noted the liferaft gets created even on land, giving of some nice wave sounds.

#2 Does the WSO have no real function now? as i see all the weapons are moved to the pilot, including missiles giving the WSO no function.

#3 and by this if you are WSO and have an AI drive, your head moves with the AI pilot, even of you look around your head moves automatically when the pilot looks.

had same problem with my blackhawk gunner on my addon becouse he had no weapon assigned to him.

This is all tested without MMA, and removed old fz_f18 ;) and on blank Utes map

Edited by Stiltman

Stiltman, if the gunner is human, all the AG missiles/LGBs MMA TV systems are provided to him and not to the pilot. AA missiles and CCIP bombs remain for the pilot only.

Ok some things ive noted with latest release, dont think ive seen anyone post them so far.

#1 Ejecting from the plane only shoots the pilot up in the air, the WSO is still back in the chair (noticed this while i was WSO ejecting and seeing myself go down with plane) tested multiple times and diffrent versions of the plane, also noted the liferaft gets created even on land, giving of some nice wave sounds.

#2 Does the WSO have no real function now? as i see all the weapons are moved to the pilot, including missiles giving the WSO no function.

#3 and by this if you are WSO and have an AI drive, your head moves with the AI pilot, even of you look around your head moves automatically when the pilot looks.

had same problem with my blackhawk gunner on my addon becouse he had no weapon assigned to him.

This is all tested without MMA, and removed old fz_f18 ;) and on blank Utes map

1. I removed the old ejection script and will add it back soon. That is why the gunner is not ejecting and the other issues.

2. No, not really at the moment

3. I forgot about that will look into it soon.

Thanks for giving a detailed report.

Does this fix the bug im having that whenever an F-18 Spawns, it is loadad out with all AIM-120s that dont fire?

never heard of this before and i never spawned in it. will check it out, but are you sure you have deleted the older file. I changed the name of the addon to (mar_f18), so if you did not specifically delete the other one (fz_f18) you may have two versions of the same addon that is causing all of these problems.

Does this fix the bug im having that whenever an F-18 Spawns, it is loadad out with all AIM-120s that dont fire?

I had this same problem originally, and found it to be when I was running this with the FDF mod at the same time. Some sort of conflict between the two. I took out the FDF and no more problems.

Well meatball I did as you said to be sure I did it right before and got that same center tank issue. I have MMA, I took the old files out days ago and placed in the new one and went threw my mod folder to make sure it was out like 3 times. I down loaded, same exact issue. I know Dark had issues but I don't know if others are having the same issue. If you don't know what it is then I think it has to be a mod conflict, it just has to be because everyone seems to be running it fine. I am going to go threw and take out different munition mods that I have installed and try to see if this resolves the issue, I'll keep you updated................... O yea second question, I know people have asked for different skins like VFA 11 Red Rippers and the Jolly Rogers, I served in the Navy as a aviation Machinest mate on the F 18 E/F and I also had some time on the F 14 Tomcat before they decomissioned them, but I personally want to ask WHEN you get to that point and I know youre busy with alot of other things, can you possibly make VFA 32 Swordsmen Their call sign is Gypsy, I was apart of that squadron. Carrier Air Group 3. CVN 75 Harry S. Truman out of NAS Oceana. I appreciate it alot, thanks for this mod Meatball I just hope I can get it to work. That's why I been tryin to get this to work so bad because I was in a F 18 squadron. I got the show art for the show birds. Funny thing about Aircraft 101 we didn't get that for the first 4 years the squadron had F 18's lol, we got it as our first bird and the Rag Squadron took it to train the F 14 Pilots with and then gave it back broke so we had to send it back to boeing lmao

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

2010_09_01_archive.html

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

VFA-32+a+low.jpg

Edited by navy198523

navy198523;2019206]Well meatball I did as you said to be sure I did it right before and got that same center tank issue. I have MMA, I took the old files out days ago and placed in the new one and went threw my mod folder to make sure it was out like 3 times. I down loaded, same exact issue. I know Dark had issues but I don't know if others are having the same issue. If you don't know what it is then I think it has to be a mod conflict, it just has to be because everyone seems to be running it fine. I am going to go threw and take out different munition mods that I have installed and try to see if this resolves the issue, I'll keep you updated................... O yea second question, I know people have asked for different skins like VFA 11 Red Rippers and the Jolly Rogers, I served in the Navy as a aviation Machinest mate on the F 18 E/F and I also had some time on the F 14 Tomcat before they decomissioned them, but I personally want to ask WHEN you get to that point and I know youre busy with alot of other things, can you possibly make VFA 32 Swordsmen Their call sign is Gypsy, I was apart of that squadron. Carrier Air Group 3. CVN 75 Harry S. Truman out of NAS Oceana. I appreciate it alot, thanks for this mod Meatball I just hope I can get it to work. That's why I been tryin to get this to work so bad because I was in a F 18 squadron. I got the show art for the show birds. Funny thing about Aircraft 101 we didn't get that for the first 4 years the squadron had F 18's lol, we got it as our first bird and the Rag Squadron took it to train the F 14 Pilots with and then gave it back broke so we had to send it back to boeing lmao

Thanks for following this addon and I would like to add some more squadrons in the future..

I dont know about the tank issue, could be a conflict. What exactly is happening?

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Make sure you have the latest GLT_Missilebox

Edited by Meatball0311

Any chance of us being able to pick our own hud colour? Blue just doesnt do it for me..

Any chance of us being able to pick our own hud colour? Blue just doesnt do it for me..

maybe in a later state.. really isnt a major factor at the moment..

But I have corrected three issues so far:

FIXED: useraction duplicating

FIXED: being able to get out with canopy down (now you have to raise the canopy to get out)

WORKING: on the ejection issue with the WSO not being able to eject...

Thanks for following this addon and I would like to add some more squadrons in the future..

I dont know about the tank issue, could be a conflict. What exactly is happening?

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Make sure you have the latest GLT_Missilebox

I have the latest GLT_Missilebox, the exact error I get is

"No entery 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/fz_f18_droptank.cartridge'" And it says center tank 1 up at the right top side of the screen where the ammo should be and it wont let me switch to different ammo, I try locking on to a target nothing happens, I sat as the back seater nothin happens. I think it could possibly be running in conflict with another mod but I am still trying to see what mod it could be having a conflict with, as of right now.... No luck :/

I have the latest GLT_Missilebox, the exact error I get is

"No entery 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/fz_f18_droptank.cartridge'" And it says center tank 1 up at the right top side of the screen where the ammo should be and it wont let me switch to different ammo, I try locking on to a target nothing happens, I sat as the back seater nothin happens. I think it could possibly be running in conflict with another mod but I am still trying to see what mod it could be having a conflict with, as of right now.... No luck :/

Delete Fz_F18 from your mod folder...

Nice update. The textures are,great but i cant get in to the gunner seat in the editor is that sepose to be? You change the class names now all missions are useless lots off hours work but thx any way gonna work it out

Delete Fz_F18 from your mod folder...

I did delete that file. I deleted it the first day when I went to down load the new one, it is no where in my files. Not only that this issue was happening on the old F 18 mod down load as well. So it's not that.

I did delete that file. I deleted it the first day when I went to down load the new one, it is no where in my files. Not only that this issue was happening on the old F 18 mod down load as well. So it's not that.

List the mods you run and what patch you have. Also post if you have Arma2, Operation Arrow head or Combined ops. Oh and my fave if it is a steam install.

List the mods you run and what patch you have. Also post if you have Arma2, Operation Arrow head or Combined ops. Oh and my fave if it is a steam install.

I don't have the horrible steam version, I have combined ops,

Version 1.06.70710, Mods I have running, well their all running in the same folder and I have about 30 different mods lol. I will get back on and list all of them if you need them.

Ok for now load up just Combined Ops along with CBA and the f-18. Then tell us the results. The problem with out even looking is the fact you have all the mods in one folder. Most mods run fine with others but a few cause masive trouble when run together. That is why you should use mod folders to avoid this. If you don't know how to set up and run mod folders just look in the FAQ section or Arma noob thread.

I had this same problem originally, and found it to be when I was running this with the FDF mod at the same time. Some sort of conflict between the two. I took out the FDF and no more problems.

What is FDF?

...I have combined ops,

Version 1.06.70710...

Version 1.06 is most likely a (outdated) ArmA 2 version (without Operation Arrowhead). Running Combined Ops should show you a version number above 1.5X, most actual (excluding beta patches) being 1.59.

For completeness, actual ArmA 2 standalone version would be 1.10