Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

I was only using Nimitz and Waves.

After a little testing I tried a few take off's from land as well. I think the dampeners have increased the take off distance.

hmmmmm... I did notice that on the runway that it is getting off ground now around 190 before it was 180.

Does anyone know anything about Dampers?

These are the issues that I have found and am looking into

TO DO List

------------------

* WORK ON DAMAGE MODEL - need to look into this.. (LOW)

* JETTISONED FUEL TANK ISSUE - Dont know how that is possible.. heard some talk about it earlier. will look into it. (LOW)

* FIX LOD issue on USS Nimitz (MEDIUM)

* ADD FOLDED WINGS version (LOW)

* Change position of optics (MEDIUM)

* Takeoff distance

There are a few issues that I am having to do with starting the mission "flying", I hopefully will get it solved soon

Edited by Meatball0311

May I ask the class names please? im wanting to add them to an airstrike script but to no avail, ive tried the classnames listed in the read me and still nothing, here is what I think is the classnames anyway:

fz_f18f_aws

fz_f18f_aws02

fz_f18f_aws03

fz_f18f_aws04

fz_f18f_aws05

mar_f18f_VFA14

This is right? or can someone tell me the right ones, thanks.

* JETTISONED FUEL TANK ISSUE - Dont know how that is possible.. heard some talk about it earlier. will look into it. (LOW)

I have the same task on my todo list and although i have no script yet i can tell you how i would try to achieve this:

Make sure the droptanks do have a defined weapon in cfgWeapons but do not add it to the default loadout!

Write a script that adds this weapon to the plane, selects it, fires it and then removes it immediately. Would be nice if it then would automatically switch back to the latest selected weapon.

Make this script available through a action command.

May I ask the class names please? im wanting to add them to an airstrike script but to no avail, ive tried the classnames listed in the read me and still nothing, here is what I think is the classnames anyway:

fz_f18f_aws

fz_f18f_aws02

fz_f18f_aws03

fz_f18f_aws04

fz_f18f_aws05

mar_f18f_VFA14

This is right? or can someone tell me the right ones, thanks.

that should be them:

MARINES

-------

fz_f18f_aws

fz_f18f_aws02

fz_f18f_aws03

fz_f18f_aws04

fz_f18f_aws05

NAVY

----

mar_f18f_VFA14

Myke;2009809']I have the same task on my todo list and although i have no script yet i can tell you how i would try to achieve this:

Make sure the droptanks do have a defined weapon in cfgWeapons but do not add it to the default loadout!

Write a script that adds this weapon to the plane' date=' selects it, fires it and then removes it immediately. Would be nice if it then would automatically switch back to the latest selected weapon.

Make this script available through a action command.[/quote']

hmmmmm.. I understand. Make a useraction under "Aircraft Actions" named "Add Droptank Fuel". Select the action and the fuel is added to the plane and the tank drops. Or how about some way of detecting how much fuel has been used, and when that happens maybe some sort of hint "Droptank Empty" appears with a useraction to "Release Droptank"?????

Or better yet maybe some sort of animation?? Lets talk about this Myke my friend!

Aye, the fuel management is the trickiest part. Most elegant (and realistic way i guess) would be a fuel gauge that can be switched to either display internal or external fuel. You would have to track if the F/A-18 actually has Droptanks loaded, according to this setting the fuel amount with setfuel accordingly. You will also have to track any refuel process and alter it depending if fueltanks are loaded or not.

In the config, the value for the max fuel should represent the max possible load with external tanks.

Also the Drop action should be always present. If the actual fuelstate is higher than the internal capacity you would have to adjust fuelstate with setfuel command.

All in all, it is pretty complicated to catch all possible cases and handle them correctly. Myself i will completely rewrite the F-16 scripts and make it some sort of operating system that handles everything needed. But this is just theory for now.

Meatball0311, could there be a mistake in the classname or whatnot?

really, cause I put any other classname of any other fighter even a custom made community mod like yours and still yours is the only one that doesnt work! lol.

All the other aircraft come to the tartget, just your aircraft doesnt come... and there

is also no errors in the script that is coming up either.

Meatball0311, could there be a mistake in the classname or whatnot?

really, cause I put any other classname of any other fighter even a custom made community mod like yours and still yours is the only one that doesnt work! lol.

All the other aircraft come to the tartget, just your aircraft doesnt come... and there

is also no errors in the script that is coming up either.

Sorry my friend.. I cannot give you an answer.. I will have to add this to my TODO list. (MEDIUM)

Meatball,

I can use the fz_f18f_aws just fine with Mando's Air Support Console. I have not tried all the others yet.

Meatball, Soul_assasain started a dampers topic on armastack. Post your model.cfg in there and we can give you a hand sorting.

Hi guys, I got a question. Is there a classnames for the Droptanks. I looked in the readme and didn't find it or I don't know whats the name :bigsmile:.

Hi guys, I got a question. Is there a classnames for the Droptanks. I looked in the readme and didn't find it or I don't know whats the name :bigsmile:.

Weapon Classname:

fz_f18_droptank

Ammo Classname:

GLT_1Rnd_fz_f18_droptank

Meatball, Soul_assasain started a dampers topic on armastack. Post your model.cfg in there and we can give you a hand sorting.

Thanks! I posted in there my question and also two model.cfg

A sneak peak of the upcoming 1SQN RAAF F/A-18F I've skinned for Meatball. He'll be releasing it in due course but just wanted to share the pics with you.

file.php?id=369

file.php?id=370

60850_432518656918_582506918_5178624_2502651_n.jpg

The front aircraft number could be a little smaller, as can the roundel. The squadron marking needs to be rotated a little more. I'll do that soon.

Edited by tromac

A sneak peak of the upcoming 1SQN RAAF F/A-18F I've skinned for Meatball. He'll be releasing it in due course but just wanted to share the pics with you.

The front aircraft number could be a little smaller, as can the roundel. The squadron marking needs to be rotated a little more. I'll do that soon.

Awesome work my friend... Beautiful! It is nice to see the RAAF fly again!

Any plans on making an agressor?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBDDhXFNmPoaNKDbGcsDx3AdppKPeE1uUCxpmka64Xe7-BCLNHXg

Good luck with the progress dude...

Meatball and I like your question and have decided we'll try and put together an F/A-18D in an aggressor scheme. Stay tuned :)

Goddamnit, where the hell can I find an F/A-18 for vanilla ArmA 2?!? Iv'e been looking for weeks and I can only find them for OA and CO.

Edited by Marine Corps 1775

Goddamnit, where the hell can I find an F/A-18 for vanilla ArmA 2?!? Iv'e been looking for weeks and I can only find them for OA and CO.

Guess you have your answer.

There you go.

Calm down there partner.. no need for cursing and hollering in here.

UPDATE

-------

Removed Due to Problems

(still requires ArmA II CO)

EPehtInKWI4

Aircraft can be found under:

----------------------------

Blufor > USMC > 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing (2MAW)

Blufor > US Navy > Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11)

Blufor > RAAF > No. 1 Squadron (1SQN)

This project is pleased to announce that we have a new member to the team, his name is tromac. He did the RAAF reskins and they look great!. I want to thank the community for reporting bugs and issues. We are working hard to get the issues resolved.

We would appreciate all feedback as this is not 100% complete. I do not play multiplayer so if you can test in multiplayer and report to me. Thanks.

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.7

--------------------

REMOVED: F/A-18F marker

FIXED: Engage Afterburner action

IMPROVED: I really like the new textures (Thanks F2F_BHO and tromac)

IMPROVED: The afterburner flame

SPECIAL THANKS: USMC (#2)[GLT]MYKE, (#3)F2F_BHO, (#4)FRANZE, (#5)MANDOBLE, / US Navy (00)JDOG in appreciation for helping me your names are on each of those numbered planes and along with a special WSO!!!

FINISHED: Startup sequence for MFD 1, MFD 2 (I have more plans for them in the future)

CHANGED: HUD color

FIXED: takeoff speed actually it is now around 175!

FIXED: Can use player profile face with pilot

FIXED: Canopy angle to high when open, Bottom of canopy should almost pass through top of WSO seat.

DID THE BEST THAT I CAN AT THIS MOMENT ON THE DAMPERS...THEY STILL NOT THE BEST BUT I FEEL IN TIME THEY WILL BE

ADDED: No. 1 Squadron of the Royal Austrailian Air Force (Textures done wonderfully by tromac!!)

IMPLEMENTED: hiddenselections on the planes so the file will stay small and faster..

WIP: the cockpit might have some black areas that should have textures.. i know about that and actually am planning on redoing the cockpit. will be on later update.

CORRECTED LAND CONTACT POINT: plane was hovering a little should be good now.

FIXED: Nosegear wheel tread is gray instead of "sticky flat" black.

FIXED: * Gun Port should be metalic and differ darker than surrounding pain scheme.

ADDED: Royal Australian Air Force No. 1 Squadron (had to have some Aussie's in this mod) (Thanks to tromac for the Aussie textures!!)

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.6

--------------------

ADDED: Dampers to aircraft

SCALED: Canopy a little down to real life scale

FIXED: AI Landing gear issue (now retracts landing gear on takeoff, havent checked if it lowers on landing)

FIXED: Units not getting in

FIXED: landing crashes (doesnt damage as often)

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.5

--------------------

FIXED: US Navy faction error

ADDED: PVS14 to pilot

**ADDED: Holster script (Thanks to Celery) (not working)

IMPROVED: HUD Compass texture and HUD display

FIXED: Flight Path Indicator and ILS

IMPROVED: F/A-18 unit picture

FOUND: Corrected something that removedAllWeapons from pilot.. I fixed it.

IMPROVED: The user actions.. check them out!

SOLVED: EJECTION FAIL issue (due to running ACE ejection )

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.4

--------------------

ADDED: Carrier Air wing Eleven (CVW-11) VFA-14: Blufor > US Navy > Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11)

FIXED: useraction title "Lower Landing Gear" and "Retract Landing Gear"

FIXED: ERROR "pvs14.p3d not found"

ADDED: GEAR to Fighter Pilot

("Binocular_Vector","Throw","Put","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","ItemGPS","M9")

CHANGED: mar_pilot now can be found under: Blufor > USMC > Men > Fighter Pilot

IMPROVED: mar_pilot addon, especially worked on helmet and rvmat.

ADDED: Pilot now has control of machine gun with crosshair (Thanks to Tasel)

FIXED: WSO optics (Thanks to Tasel) now optics include normal, nightvision, thermal white, thermal black.

ADDED: zoom levels to WSO optics (Thanks to Tasel)

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.3

--------------------

RESOLVED: TAILHOOK ISSUE - But I think there might be still two actions that pop up, but I dont think they are on

my part, because my useractions would be "Tailhook DOWN" and "Tailhook UP".

REMOVED "F-18" which was really F35B

FIXED Ejection error

FIXED not positively sure but hopefully fixed the multiplayer landing gear issue.

CHANGED now can be found under: Blufor > USMC > 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing (2MAW)

COMING SOON: Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11) VFA-14: Blufor > US Navy > Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11)

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.2

--------------------

FIXED mar_pilot.. no longer running into invisible walls on Nimitz deck

REMOVED extra "gear up' and 'gear down" actions

FIXED Pilot View centered for all units

FIXED Pilot RTM file so pilot is not situated nicely in cockpit

RESOLVED Scaling Issue - I checked the dimensions of the F/A-18F and the model is nearly perfect on scale.

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.1

--------------------

* FIXED: MMA - Need to make corrections on the ViewPilot view. pilots and gunners heads seems too off center (HIGH)

* FIXED (sort of) : I changed it back to green hud... I know the horizon bar turns... it will have to do for now

TO DO List

------------------

* WORK ON DAMAGE MODEL - need to look into this.. (LOW)

* STUCK IN AIR - I am looking into it, but I am pretty sure it has something to do with the start up sequence. I am working on that now. (MEDIUM)

* FIX LOD issue on USS Nimitz (MEDIUM)

* ADD FOLDED WINGS version (LOW)

* Change position of optics (MEDIUM)

Thanks to Pharohx who is helping me with the accuracy of the model, gave me these pointers!

* Tug has a problem latching on to nosegear, arm passes right through, claw cant clamp gear

* No Speed Brake, Rudders seem to converge in the center when brakes are applied.

* Large Empty space behind WSO seat, missing Black equipment,"Box".

* Flight controls missing from WSO seat

* Pilot Helmet has old shape "mikey mouse" ears.

* Pilot Visor too small.

* No waypoint indicator on the HUD

* AOA indicator seems too big. Blocks more viewable space.

* Weapon selection not working on HUD

Edited by Meatball0311