Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

I have a problem i can use the f18 when i select it in the armoury but if i use the editor and place an f18 for me to pilot it will give me an f35,not sure what i did wrong.

Dont use that one use the others

I have a problem i can use the f18 when i select it in the armoury but if i use the editor and place an f18 for me to pilot it will give me an f35,not sure what i did wrong.

Here you go:

superhornetjobo.jpg

Edited by Derbysieger

That's hardly the fault of the Addon. On Chernarus I can't fly faster than ~700km/h close to the ground without getting a slideshow with any plane, not just this one (of course I can lower graphicsettings and fly faster but I don't want to^^).

Clearly someone hasn't read all the pages for the solution.

sorry but every time i have ever read a complete thread i never seem to find the answer i'm looking for ,so i generaly ask for help from the people that have a interest and greater understanding of arma 2 than i do,does that make me a bad person?

Small video of your bird:

I love this. Thanks for your hard work ;)

Thanks for the video and great landing!

I could practice the whole weekend due to bad weather xD This was my second attempt to record a landing. The first time I started recording too early and it ended before touchdown^^

I may need to get the full version of Fraps

Using the ejection seat (WARNING EJECTION etc) I am noticed of a missing image file.

Using the fire extinguisher, I get "undefined vehicle _PS" when using ShowScriptError.

After I ejected, I had two dark figures appear in the sky approximately where my aircraft had been when I shot out. Or at least in the vicinity.¨

Can the addon be made compatible with the ACE Rearmament system? This would be an immense boon, if it were. :)

Starting with airframe no.3 in mid-air, I get an error message about a missing p3d - HVMAT or something. Will get you the exact names after restarting Arma.

The compass dial (center of pilot's panel) is inverted - or graphically mirrored. Letters read backwards, and North (htroN) is South.

Edited by SCAJolly

your setup for a recovery config , but launching,you will not see this in real life,, lol, but yeah i see your point clearly

It's me again. I believe this has been mentioned here before about wierd stuttering using the f-18. If not, my bad.

I do get a lot of it (stutter) flying on chernarus or takistan (big BIS maps), but not on other big maps or small maps for that matter.

Are several scripted solutions being used in it, causing it?

I find that weird because I can't see any difference between this addon and any other fighter jet (BIS or addon) in terms of performance. Of course this could be because my Arma 2 folder is installed on a SSD but there are other planes that have bad performance above a certain speed (i.e. the An-225 Addon). You can see a slight stutter in my Video but that's due to fraps and rather insane graphicsettings ...

That's the thing you see, i never got stutter using the an-225, i only got a lot of it on crowe desert island, but that was the map's fault, not the addon's.

The An-225 has awfull performance above 550kph on chernarus @10kVD (1-2fps vs 20-30fps when flying slower). @6K VD I have constandly 25+fps no matter what speed I fly. So In my case the high graphic settings were the main reason but there is also something about the An-225 addon I did't encounter with any plane before. I usually always use 10k VD when I fly around in A2...

anyway enough off-topic (sorry for that ;) )

Edited by Derbysieger

It's me again. I believe this has been mentioned here before about wierd stuttering using the f-18. If not, my bad.

I do get a lot of it (stutter) flying on chernarus or takistan (big BIS maps), but not on other big maps or small maps for that matter.

Are several scripted solutions being used in it, causing it?

Yeah me and another member reported it, I've only had the issue on chernarus so far... and meatball has got it on his to do list.

Hmm.. intresting with v1.2 i cant seem to log on to any ground targets at all now, (using AGM-65D) and no, im not using Mando as we have found the mma score to be quiet annoying at time ;)

No offence mandoble, really i like most of mando but that score thing is a little bit of an emersion killer :P

- Deaders

To VIPER: Okidoki.

To Deaders: I suggested that on the MMA thread, i believe he is going to put a global variable in his next release so you can switch it off.

Evil_Brownie, if you are using any of the MMA test versions including F18 support, just set mando_no_score = true; at the beginning of your init.sqf or in the init field of any unit present in the map.

Using the ejection seat (WARNING EJECTION etc) I am noticed of a missing image file.

Using the fire extinguisher, I get "undefined vehicle _PS" when using ShowScriptError.

After I ejected, I had two dark figures appear in the sky approximately where my aircraft had been when I shot out. Or at least in the vicinity.¨

Can the addon be made compatible with the ACE Rearmament system? This would be an immense boon, if it were. :)

Starting with airframe no.3 in mid-air, I get an error message about a missing p3d - HVMAT or something. Will get you the exact names after restarting Arma.

The compass dial (center of pilot's panel) is inverted - or graphically mirrored. Letters read backwards, and North (htroN) is South.

*Ejection Seat image corrected on next release

* "undefined vehicle _PS" issue I know about, it is a (low) priority

* Two dark figures... I will have to look into

* Compatability with ACE.. I would like for it to be, but I want to have a stable release first

* Air frame no. 3 ( Do you mean VMFA(AW)-533 03?) will look into it

* Compass dial issue.. I will look into

I have noticed a slight problem with LOD distances. Simply put, they're too small.

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=wnormalyose.jpg#

You can clearly see lower LODs on that image, while planes are only a short distance away. That looks rather ugly.

I am pretty sure that has something to do with the USS Nimitz....

Hmm.. intresting with v1.2 i cant seem to log on to any ground targets at all now, (using AGM-65D) and no, im not using Mando as we have found the mma score to be quiet annoying at time ;)

No offence mandoble, really i like most of mando but that score thing is a little bit of an emersion killer :P

- Deaders

Hmmm... will look into it

I have no issues with Chernarus, except when maybe mission starts and the MFD go through their start up sequence there is a little lag. I did notice the "hanging" issue, but I am not getting it anymore with some corrections I made. I think I may have isolated the landing gear issue and that will be in the next release. If anything I am trying at the moment to clean up the addon and consolidate the scripts.

Kinda been stuck on this one issue and it is taking me sometime to figure it out. Just wanted to pop in and let you all know that I am working on these issues and hopefully will have many resolved on V1.3 release

On no not the CAPS :butbut: "dualrail" are the weapon holder (allows for multiple ammo).

I fixed that in the upcoming update, to were you cant drop them or fire them anymore.

Is there anyway to set them into sets of 2 and 4? right now you have them set only in sets of 4. the reason i ask is that sometimes you want to leave a couple pylons just for single heavy ordnance or for drop tanks. i use the mando_weapon_master variable alot in my missions to give the pilots the ability to customize their load outs. I also noticed that when ya select the Fz-f18_dualrail in the 2nd dialogue in mando that it does not list any magazines for it, even if you have removed the 4rnd one. it also gives me a message that states it can't find it in the config. Is there a fix for that possible as well?

Thanks for all your awesome work. I love the combination of those three addons: Mando, F-18, and Missilebox.

FYI i dun know if those questions should be directed to Myke, Meatball, OR mando. lol or all three :)

Got a weird question about the combo F18 / Nimitz. I need the flight altitudes and speeds in Km/h for F18F when landing at 500m, 1000m, 1500m, 2000m, 2500m and 3000m from the touch down position. Any source from where to get this info?

I think those small LOD distances only have to do with your prefered view distance. I use 5.2km VD, and the carrier comes into view at about 2.7km away from me (obviously dependent on height, the higher i am, the closer i'll have to get).

Mando, you may want to rephrase that, it's a bit confusing (i'm guessing you're setting some ILS sequence for it).

EDIT: Nvm, i get it now, all i can help is that i try to land at about 220-240 kph airspeed.

Edited by Evil_Brownie