Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ArmA 2 OA Beta Build 83015

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[82969] Improved: AI is less able to detect enemies in forests (improved estimation on "disappearing in a pattern" for forests).

+ several fixes on the visual state bugs

I encountered a bug with attachTo where the attached object moves back and forth. In this case the attached crates are also making the AI driver drive very slowly and fail horribly at turning.

vuoMjU4WbwE

This persists.

AI is less able to detect enemies in forests

To the forest then.... :D

To the forest then.... :D

Should make Lingor jungle firefights rather interesting.

Great FIX for a very very very OLD bug in ARMA2!!!!! Thanks BIS, I love it!!!!!! Chernarus is possible now!! xD

Coincidence! Here I was, just pondering a large forest battle. Back to my Chernarussian roots. :) I will build a mission tonite and try beta vs vanilla.

This persists.

I also noticed this in the PMC mission template where you drop the cargo over Takistan. The boxes in the C130 cargo bay exhibit the same behavior.

Just caught this playing a homebrew SP mission using this beta (on Lingor). Watch the enemy running by the hanger. His weapon detaches from his body and floats alongside him. Sure I saw it in the last beta also. You'll need to view in fullscreen HD to see it properly. Sorry for it being so short - my old fingers couldn't get to record in time for a longer shot!!

cT9_OAqGDu0

Not sure why that didn't put the youTube video in - here's the link as well...

Thx Celery!!

Edited by Jedra

Spectating camera is now fixed TY. Local helos seem smoother, however playing on a dedi and they (and any other vehicle/soldier) the movement is MUCH jerkier!

Has the jumping objects been around for a while, I thought objects in the back of trucks worked fine a while back.

I even noticed a parachute script where the ammo box was jumping around on the end of the chute the other day.

Has the jumping objects been around for a while, I thought objects in the back of trucks worked fine a while back.

I even noticed a parachute script where the ammo box was jumping around on the end of the chute the other day.

I haven't noticed the jumping, but I have witnessed that attaching objects to vehicles in more recent betas severely messed up the driver's pathfinding.

I've been having some issues where when I install a new beta, and go to change the 3D resolution (for some reason it defaults to something different than the 2D one) the screen flickers several times, my computer freezes, and then eventually the screen goes black entirely (like, no video output). I have to hard reset the computer to get it back. I'm not sure if this is a problem with ArmA2 or nVidia drivers (using the latest beta), though, since I don't always get the issue, but it's only ever happened in ArmA2.

What does improved estimation on "disappearing in a pattern" for forests really mean? Sounds interesting because breaking contact from AI has proven to be a nightmare in the past.

[82969] Improved: AI is less able to detect enemies in forests (improved estimation on "disappearing in a pattern" for forests).

Thanks! Hoping this also would fix the issue with ghillie suit in woods but just had a quick test and while it's improved (AI now detect you at ~18 m, before it was ~30 m) the issue still remains, ie the ghillie suit are very ineffective in woods but works as it should in high grass.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12144

/KC

Now soldiers do "skate" after they have stopped from walking/running.

Sky clouds switching from active to deactive and shadows from buildings/trees in close distance to player are flickering more.

Those small seeds from dandelion (?) are not flying smooth anymore, their flying through the air looks too "robotic"/choppy.

Visual state improvements welcome, though the 'jerkiness' is still there and the AI appear to rapidly warp from one position to another. It makes leading a target moving across your arc incredibly difficult - perhaps more intermediate stages of interpolation are needed so that the AI don't warp so much? Currently this is experienced in online multiplayer:

o o o o

| --------> | ::::::::> | --------> |

normal fast normal

warp

o

|

player

The slowdown when looking through optics is also reduced in this version, which re-appeared a few betas ago.

Performance feels great with -malloc=0, slightly more 'sluggish' over time with -malloc=3 and this is re-inforced on Zargabad which now runs incredibly well.

One thing that appears significantly worse though is the AI walking through buildings and the concrete fences - please can you look at this as it significantly affects the gameplay.

Protegimus

One thing that appears significantly worse though is the AI walking through buildings and the concrete fences - please can you look at this as it significantly affects the gameplay.

Noticed that, too.

I can confirm that problem with "sky texture switching" is still present in this beta.

AI animation problems still. AI stand still to running makes them stuck for a brief time.

absolutely agree with that

for all my love for the game series and million thx for all BIS' 24/7-efforts and kinda "full customer service" in improving the game ... but I can't understand why this incredible bug's still around - maybe I would understand it if I was a pro in coding/programming, but unfortunately I'm not: so maybe someone can tell me why this game(feeling)breaking bug hasn't been eliminated yet. Really, it makes me laugh, it's looking so damn stupid AI walking through fences etc. this 99%-game deserves better ;) give it the final + 1%, please