Sign in to follow this  
nightblade

Cant see the names of other players

Hey guys just got this game after playing the free version tho im having a little trouble, when im in game any game i cant see the names of other players when i have my target on them even when holding down the space bar and i do have friendly tags enabled in my options any help would be great thank you.

Edited by Foxhound
Please make descriptive topic titles!! "I need help" surely is not.

Have you installed any mods?

Installing the ACE mod will remove some of the default settings, such as <point, spacebar 'playername' 453m>

Its been a while since i played without ACE, but i think the settings might be removable via the server settings or SP settings AKA Hardcore? Expert? Professional killer, etc etc.

No unless it automaticly installs them when i join a server otherwise i have no idea how to add mods :(

if you havent manually installed anything then it shouldnt do, perhaps its playing online where the servers turn this information off.

Do you get the distance marker when you press spacebar?

after trying a few differnt servers i found one were the names worked so i think some of the server must have had name tags turned off and thanks for your help

Also if you don't have cross hairs on it wont show even when you center over an ally. This happens regardless if tags are on or off.

To sum up the answers:

Server difficulty settings always override your client settings. The host sets the rules.

And every single part of the difficulty options can be changed by the host. So when you read regular/veteran ect. it doesn't have to be the default set up.