Sign in to follow this  
Commonplace

Sweat

Do you like the blurry vision (sweat)?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the blurry vision (sweat)?

• Yes
    • No

ArmA 2 added sweat to the game, means not only is your aim shaky when exercising, your screen turns blurry as well.

Evem after 'relatively' short sprints, your characters vision starts to blur, but we

have to keep in mind that he has a lot of weight worth of equipment on him.

Combined with the "combat stress" (bullets impacting next to you impact your vision as well), the screen is sometimes nearly constantly blurred.

Do you cheer for it or not?

No, I don't like it, which is why I've disabled it. Furthermore, I don't think it's sweat.

Err, are you confusing this with camera shake?

No, it'd be quite useless and just used for pointless added difficulty, and not realistic in the slightest unless a 'wipe sweat' button is implemented...

Sweat doesn't even get in your eyes in the first place...

Could always hit the treadmill before hopping onto ArmA. Can't get anymore realistic than that! :p

Sounds like you're playing "wrong" if your screen is constantly blurred or shaking. I almost never sprint and if I'm being suppressed I find better cover. Try that.

Sweat = Annoying blur\DOF\saturation when tired\supressed.

Speaking of that, I don´t like any of those Post Effects in ARMA 2. In A1 the HDR looked somehow better.

In A2 I find extremely bad the auto-adjust apertue (don´t know the proper namem the thing that makes your screen darker when looking to something shiny, load the game with world=empty and see what Im talking about). It is something that happens in RL but wasn´t godd in the game.

Edited by Smurf

I have sprint a lot before for some track and field workout and sweat so much, BUT it does NOT blur my vision... How do you blur your vision from sweat? I don't think ARMA 3 needs this.

lets also make it that if your fat In real life like me then you can only sprint for about 20 meters then you pass out.

Is this supposed to be some kind of competition who brings the most ultimate realism to the series?:j:

Some of you guys just try to push it way too far...

Cant really add anything to this that hasn't already been said, but flash this made me 'LMAO' :D

lets also make it that if your fat In real life like me then you can only sprint for about 20 meters then you pass out.

Wear a bandana.

I think BIS did good in trying to add another layer in the game that limit the player when tired. I know when im exhausted i perform worse and not as sharp visually. Not that my vision is blurry but i cant perform as good.

However the blur could kick in when very tired and not when going over a fence.

And i do love it when im being supressed. How to otherwise simulate fear and exhaustion?

Come up with some ideas! :)

Sweat doesn't even get in your eyes in the first place...

I disagree but I still don't like or use whatever is in the game.

Sweat does get in your eyes. Now put cammie cream ontop of that. It hurts.

Getting a blurry screen is a sad excuse for being 'out of breath' imo. There are better ways to do this:

- player movement is not going in straight line anymore, he tilts left / right to some extent (maybe also leaning a bit)

- player camera starts slowly looking down until you watch the ground, forcing you to reposition your view with your mouse every 10 seconds

- player weapon slowly starts pointing to the ground as well (you can't hold your arms up any longer)

- player randomly drops to the ground when running (is done in Ace i think, good effect)

- player is slowly loosing ear sensitivity (like slowly getting deaf), only his breathing is still loud, every other sound is kinda disappearing 'behind' the breathing

But still the view should be crispy & sharp at all times, blurriness is just plain horrible

And i do love it when im being supressed. How to otherwise simulate fear

Blur is very good for this.

more debris and dust being kicked up would also help if parts being hit around you are destructible.

I think momentally shown up blur effect is really good, reminds of true physical capabilities of a human. Actually, what I wouldn't like at all is some kind of experiment with RPG elements into the game - I mean, there's some types of soldiers you can choose from (fat, etc.). The more you run, the further you run at "all power" without being exausted almost to death. That sounds too realistic and it would make A3 more life sim, right?

Another innovation, which comes to my mind, is player's reaction to dust (out of destroyed buildings, moving vehicles). You can throttle because of it and start to shake like when you get shot or injured badly. Also, don't look at the Sun - it may kill your eyes. Another RL grafter can be lightning danger at stormy time. Those can kill a unit, if he's moving too much in a wide open area or found an unadviseable place to take over. There's more things to mention... Water-sweat module, eating (not sleeping, because a typical operation can't take a couple of hours or even longer).

My conclusion of this wall text is: sounds ridiculous, it would probably ruin the game and squeeze every bit of fun factor from A3. Ha-ha.

Sounds like you're playing "wrong" if your screen is constantly blurred or shaking. I almost never sprint and if I'm being suppressed I find better cover. Try that.

Do this, screen never shakes.

The way I do it is pace my marches like I would IRL, not a full sprint form Chernarus to Takistan and back :D.

I think momentally shown up blur effect is really good, reminds of true physical capabilities of a human. Actually, what I wouldn't like at all is some kind of experiment with RPG elements into the game - I mean, there's some types of soldiers you can choose from (fat, etc.). The more you run, the further you run at "all power" without being exausted almost to death. That sounds too realistic and it would make A3 more life sim, right?

Another innovation, which comes to my mind, is player's reaction to dust (out of destroyed buildings, moving vehicles). You can throttle because of it and start to shake like when you get shot or injured badly. Also, don't look at the Sun - it may kill your eyes. Another RL grafter can be lightning danger at stormy time. Those can kill a unit, if he's moving too much in a wide open area or found an unadviseable place to take over. There's more things to mention... Water-sweat module, eating (not sleeping, because a typical operation can't take a couple of hours or even longer).

My conclusion of this wall text is: sounds ridiculous, it would probably ruin the game and squeeze every bit of fun factor from A3. Ha-ha.

yeah, mate, don't forget diarea - totally gameplay changing ultrarealistic feature.

Lets face it, any ingame effect of tiredness is going to annoy someone.

This.

The only complaint I have with the vanilla system is that you get very tired after a 50m run :/.

The ACE system fixes that.