Sign in to follow this  
bestrangerdx

whats your favorite mod?

Somebody already beat you to that joke :)

Aww :D He's still my favorite mod though :D

Aww :D He's still my favorite mod though :D

Definetly, way better than that powerhungry Zipper character :D

Yeah Zipper is an all round bad sort. Now W0lle, there's a mod everyone should take as an example. :)

letmemakethecwr²campaignsplzkthxlol

Obviously JSRS and ACE

However I do like COWarMod, it's just taking some time for me to configure it to my play style.

Binkowski's Marine replacement pack as well. Very well done.

ACE

Rather small but must-haves in my opinion:

ShackTac's FT HUD and Movement addons.

I only play with ACE mod , so for me the answer is obvious ...

i simply don't understand why nearly everybody is not playing with ACE already in the A2 community , it's such a huge leap forward in term of realism and its dozens of vital features and equipment , that apart from those who can't get past the installation (or learn a few ACE keys ..) , i simply don't get how one can ignore ACE , as Arma is meant to be a proper military simulation ....

^this

but wellevrybody should play the game as he likes it, but he should at least try playing with the current ACE Version

I only play with ACE mod , so for me the answer is obvious ...

i simply don't understand why nearly everybody is not playing with ACE already in the A2 community , it's such a huge leap forward in term of realism and its dozens of vital features and equipment , that apart from those who can't get past the installation (or learn a few ACE keys ..) , i simply don't get how one can ignore ACE , as Arma is meant to be a proper military simulation ....

While ACE has many cool features some of us, me included, don't want to force ourselves to use all of it. Its no the be all end all of mods. There are plenty of other mods out there that you can substitute for quite a few of ACEs features and not have to deal with the other ones your not interesested in. For me ArmA is a game to play for a couple hours on hte weekends and since i only play sp, I like to use my huge combo of mods.

I said my favorite was Zeus+GL4 for the AI, but GL4 also adds in stuff like getting blown back from launcher backwash, fire and burning effects, and better explosion effects. Then I also use some stuff from SLX for more realistic ballistics/wounding/vehicles. Then theres the small stuff from GDT and ASR. I recongize that ACE is an incredible mod and huge chunk of work, but its not for everyone.

ACE like any mod is not for everyone.

Re configuratability you can use @ACE on it's own without the Xtras, and you can configure / disable many of the features.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_Dialog

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/API

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Modification

The components are also optimized (incl MP) and working well together.

Edited by Sickboy

i simply don't understand why nearly everybody is not playing with ACE already in the A2 community

Because we don't like it. That's not to say it isn't good, it's just not for us, like Sickboy rightly said.

Hi, my favourite ArmA2 mod is the: GDT Grass. It lowers the grass so you can see better and it increases the game's performance. Also the: Saku Sun, removes the always blinding sun and makes it look much better and realistic. Also the: OKT-No Blur, that removes the annoying blur and some of the PP effects too, increasing the game's performance.

What i ain't liked of the ACE mod back on the ArmA was that it had a huge performance impact and also the way of implement some of the features that it added, like the stamina system, the slots management and the forced imputs; don't know how the ACE2 is... but i think that requires a much better computer than mine's. Let's C ya

Hi, my favourite ArmA2 mod is the: GDT Grass. It lowers the grass so you can see better and it increases the game's performance. Also the: Saku Sun, removes the always blinding sun and makes it look much better and realistic. Also the: OKT-No Blur, that removes the annoying blur and some of the PP effects too, increasing the game's performance.

What i ain't liked of the ACE mod back on the ArmA was that it had a huge performance impact and also the way of implement some of the features that it added, like the stamina system, the slots management and the forced imputs; don't know how the ACE2 is... but i think that requires a much better computer than mine's. Let's C ya

Basically anything that improves your performance and dominance over others yea? Lets C ya :D

__

ACE-ACRE-Blastcore-JSRS --- Fit my needs perfectly for average gaming without other spectacular mods like the paladin or eurofighter ofcourse....

---------- Post added at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 ----------

ACE

Rather small but must-haves in my opinion:

ShackTac's FT HUD and Movement addons.

Never start the game without them :)

Obviously JSRS and ACE

However I do like COWarMod, it's just taking some time for me to configure it to my play style.

About the same amount of time to configure ACE.

Mine would have to be going back to the days of OFP with the Chain of Command's Unified Artillery Addon. If you're talking ArmA, then definately Mando Missiles and Bombs.

-Thanx,

Luke

Just installed Blastcore fx and wow, this mod and jsrs sound and i dont need any oder sound or fx mod :)

Did anybody - like me now - try spoil the party?

At the moment I don't like mods at all and try to play vanilla as often as I can when I am online.

I have still things to investigate in vanilla mod (though BIS-gaming since 2001) and - strongest reason - I want to invite people to join me online, even youngsters and newbies for I like BIS games to get a solid and big fan basis.

And I like the tactical possibilities that even a 1 vs 1 inf deathmatch around a few houses offers.

I feel the game is really quite annoying to newcomers = overcomplicated, especially because of the huge amount of mods.

Don't get me wrong: I like mods and I appreciate the work.

But I miss a lot crowded and inviting servers for people who are just trying it for the first (or fourth time).

My favourite vanilla mission at present: Mountain warfare .... join me!

Did anybody - like me now - try spoil the party?

At the moment I don't like mods at all and try to play vanilla as often as I can when I am online.

I have still things to investigate in vanilla mod (though BIS-gaming since 2001) and - strongest reason - I want to invite people to join me online, even youngsters and newbies for I like BIS games to get a solid and big fan basis.

And I like the tactical possibilities that even a 1 vs 1 inf deathmatch around a few houses offers.

I feel the game is really quite annoying to newcomers = overcomplicated, especially because of the huge amount of mods.

Don't get me wrong: I like mods and I appreciate the work.

But I miss a lot crowded and inviting servers for people who are just trying it for the first (or fourth time).

My favourite vanilla mission at present: Mountain warfare .... join me!

Deploy tools like Six Updater and a lot of the crap surrounding mods in MP disappears.

Personally I don't find this a thread to discuss these things though.

What is your favorite Mod?

@Herbal Influence

I think editor, user campaign/missions and mods/addons are this what makes this game so great, so first we all play vanilla game but few days later all should search for user made stuff :). Sorry for offtopic.

ACE of course... and a few user made addons like isla duala lingor panthera etc...

Mando missiles - at 1st i hated it ....( came across it in intense TvT fight and had to use javelin ):p

but now it's like i wont play ever without it again, one of the best mod so far though:cool:

ACE ACE - so good they named it twice.

OktNoBlur needs a mention - I have hated vaseline ever since the experiments of my youth. Can't play without it.

ASR-AI - this one gets better and better. Stealing weapons from dead bodies - this is the kind of attitude I like in my soldiers.

To buff up Robalo a bit more, his ACE configs for RobertHammer's stuff are excellent.

RobertHammer's weapons. They are nice!

Isla Duala and Lingor by IceBrekr - just amazing islands to play on.

Not a mod, but I would not have been able to cope with it all if it wasn't for six-updater - remarkable piece of work and so easy to use.

But my thanks go out to one and all that put in the time and effort to enahance this great game. All the effort is appreciated.