Sign in to follow this  
Rykane

Squad XML logo problems

Hey guys, I've recently been trying to get my clan squad.xml working.

I have the XML working it just seems to be the logo that doesn't appear in-game. I created the logo in photoshop and converted it into a .tga image. I then used the .tga file into texview 2 and converted it into a .paa file yet it still doesn't show in-game.

Here is what my squad xml looks like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?DOCTYPE squad SYSTEM "squad.dtd"?>

<?xml-stylesheet href="squad.xsl?" type="text/xsl"?>

<squad nick="UKTF">

<name>United Kingdom Tactial Force</name>

<email></email>

<web>www.uktfclan.co.uk</web>

<picture>logo.paa</picture>

<title>UKTF</title>

<member id="825473" nick="Rykane">

<name>Rykane</name>

<email>uktfrykane@gmail.com</email>

<icq>N/A</icq>

<remark>I love the name of honor, more than I fear death.</remark>

</member>

</squad>

Here is my squad xml that i have uploaded: http://files.enjin.com/38712/squad/squad.xml

My logo is 256x256 so im pretty sure that isn't the problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Rykane

Works for me using your image in my squad.xml, so no problems with the image itself. Sure you got the ID for your players correct? Also note it only works in MP games, not in the editor.

Edited by kylania

Yeah, i've tried it in MP mission. You probably took my .png image but that is only for the HTML version not the actual xml. It also maybe could be where my files are located as our website is hosted by www.enjin.com. I tried hosting using a free web hoster like webs: http://uktfclan.webs.com/squadxml/squad.xml but this still doesn't show the image in-game. I've literally tried everything and still can't seem to find a solution.

Edited by Rykane

I've recently uploaded my squad XML to my FTP server ftp://81.19.212.79:2121/squad.xml and used the URL in-game but the logo still does not show up in-game. I have literally tried everything to try and fix this. If anyone can help me I'd still be appreciated.

If all the other details except the image show up, check in map screen under players and you will see the details next to your name, then it is your profile name not matching the one in the xml. They must be the same for it to work.

I also recommend making your logo a 512 image also or some quality problems show up in the mip maps and the logo can go invisible at certain view distances.