Sign in to follow this  
dragon zen

[SP]AdvancingPower - A 4F Dynamic Mission

No other mods at all. Pure vanilla.

I will say that after a couple of more run-throughs they don't seem as "super" as I initially thought. But definitely they are much higher rated in skill than what I normally see in typical missions.

Wait for a while and new version should pass the check at Armaholic, and you can change AI skill as you want.

Great update! boxes look good... but now i dont know about red and pink text in dialog boxes :P

Submission selection is great, sniping with bullet cam = fun!

Is it more stable? I recall a lot of users having frequent crashes while playing these, they're great fun but the crashing pissed me off to no end.

Is it more stable? I recall a lot of users having frequent crashes while playing these, they're great fun but the crashing pissed me off to no end.

Honestly I can't remember the last time my PC has crashed with this mission. At the beginning/first release of Advancing Power, this mission was pretty unstable to run for me. Now I can easily say it runs really well, at least on my machine. Should work fine for you now IMO..

Yeah I was referring to the old release, I completely forgot about this, I figured he moved on to something else, I'll have to give it a try. What is it exactly that was tweaked with the AI? I'm going to test it in a bit while running the beta patch along with ACE and ASR_AI.

Okay only things I want to add here:

Some of the translations are pretty rough, and the menus are harder to navigate, I preferred how you laid it out originally it's much harder to set the battle zones and some of wording was changed like the player calculation, people who didn't play the original might be pretty confused. I'm loving the mission though, took some time to set up properly however.

edit 2:also another thing that might help is the ability to click and drag the starting menus so we can get a better view of the map, that and the ability to zoom in and out of the map while setting up the game.

Edited by The Hebrew Hammer

I used the player calculation once and am not sure what it did, I thought it changed spawning position on start up, the only other thing I wasn't sure about was the random options in setup in the mod replacement box and what it does.

I think i have added just about every unit mod there is so I never know who I'll run into on the battlefield depending on what units I use :)

I think it would be good if the mod replacement or troop management box had no transparency.

Player calculation determines how important you are.essentially. At zero what you do doesn't matter, at 100% the front lines depend on exactly where you are at. I set it to 33% so the AI helps but i need to be pushing the enemy back to win

Edit: I was dumb.

Great mission man, I'm having so much fun with this!

Edited by KBK
My own stupidity.

I only just realized the mod replacement actually did find all mods and gave the ability to add units from mods one at a time :o

Maybe that column could be wider

nice feature, Still adding them to the quick list saves time.

Can someone explain the random options and fixlist.

Edited by Katipo66

Yeah I was referring to the old release, I completely forgot about this, I figured he moved on to something else, I'll have to give it a try. What is it exactly that was tweaked with the AI? I'm going to test it in a bit while running the beta patch along with ACE and ASR_AI.

Okay only things I want to add here:

Some of the translations are pretty rough, and the menus are harder to navigate, I preferred how you laid it out originally it's much harder to set the battle zones and some of wording was changed like the player calculation, people who didn't play the original might be pretty confused. I'm loving the mission though, took some time to set up properly however.

edit 2:also another thing that might help is the ability to click and drag the starting menus so we can get a better view of the map, that and the ability to zoom in and out of the map while setting up the game.

thanks for the suggestions!

I come from China, please don't expect my English to be good, :p

I also feel inconvenient about the first menu, but don't know how to change it......

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

I only just realized the mod replacement actually did find all mods and gave the ability to add units from mods one at a time :o

Maybe that column could be wider

nice feature, Still adding them to the quick list saves time.

Can someone explain the random options and fixlist.

OK. the player calculation has been explained correctly by the friend above.

And the Random in Replacement:

If you have three soldiers in list [A,B,C], "Fix" will be "Fix-3", and the group will contain exact three soldiers: A+B+C. If you choose "Random-2", the group contain 2 random soldiers, may be A+B,B+C,C+A,A+A,B+B,C+C. If you choose "Random-4", may be A+B+B+C. ;)

Edited by Dragon Zen

It's pretty stressful to run, I turned my graphics down to normal and then increased my draw distance to around 2500, with that I could run it decently.

this is great fun but as soon I die it CDT's (the instant i die, every time)

any help would be great

sorry I can't understand what you mean... " as soon I die it CDT's" ?? What is that mean?? Do you mean the game is over after you die? or you die again and again??

Maybe the new version have some bug.:confused:

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

It's pretty stressful to run, I turned my graphics down to normal and then increased my draw distance to around 2500, with that I could run it decently.

Yes, there are much units in the battleground.

You can reduce the number of groups to run it better. Close paratroop, decoy, chopper or other things you don't like also save some resource.

I think he means CTD (crash to desktop)

It would be cool to have some more options :D

• Different respawn times for heavyvehicle/lightvehicle/infantry?

• An option not to delete dead units? i like to see burning vehicles and bodies... but maybe i think they need to be deleted for respawn?

sorry I can't understand what you mean... " as soon I die it CDT's" ?? What is that mean?? Do you mean the game is over after you die? or you die again and again??

Yeah I mean the whole game crash's to desktop - but only when I get killed.

edit: I've tried it about 10 times now and it's the same everytime (with and without addons). Pity, because it's really great.

Edited by 11_HARLEY_11

Fantastic mission - best SP mission I have played to date!

Is there a way to change the US Marine units to US Army units for Zargabad / Takistan maps?

You can choose them from the quick mod selector (forget the name) in the 3rd dialog box, button on bottom left

OK managed to change units for the side and had some great action, but the player is still a US Marine - how do you change his faction and initial loadout? I want to practice with different weapons and having to chase the weapons crates every time you get killed is frustrating.

You currently cannot change player character, hopefully he can add this :)

you respawn next to an ammo crate?

Edited by Katipo66

Not needed, go to the crate, in the action menu select buy normal weapons, when you are in the field you can use buy illegal weapons at air drops... you'd be surprised at how comprehensive this mission is, you can even buy statics and soldiers to man them.

You can determine how much money you have from the first dialog box and earn money in the mission

Dragon Zen,

I just want to say thank you. This is an epic mission. My machine is a horse so it runs great. You have done an incredible job.

Hey, I've wanted something like this for a long time, just a really epic battle with respawn over a large area, so this is great! Had an awesome fight in Zargabad today, attack helis overhead, Frogfoots and Thunderbolts strafing and firing rockets, tanks advancing with infantry... It reminded me a lot of all the Battlefield 3 I've been playing, in a really good way!

Especially after the battle had been going for like 45 minutes, and most of the buildings in Zargabad were in pretty bad shape. :)

Just some ideas :)

-Sniper submission, remove teleport but sniper halos into battle

-Spotter spawns away from player, same as when buying units

-random spawn option for armour/light vehicles

-option to choose different helo/planes to use for each side, because im always using user mod option

-Also option to choose what side gets planes and helos and what side doesnt

-Is it possible to somehow save settings? or remember last mission setup?

-Add submission for search and destroy objects spawned in their zone, if you destroy one object you get a choice to destry another or cancel mission?

Ok i think thats it, maybe 6-9 months work!?? :D

Otherwise this mission kicks battlefields arse all over the battlefield, at least BC2!