Sign in to follow this  
SSgt Decker

What is wrong with the ARMA Community!

Link? That shows 'lots' of what you talk about that is :)

UnitedOperations.net

6thsense.eu

ciahome.net (small but more focused)

All play the game seriously in coop, neither requires you to join and arrive on specific times.

UnitedOperations.net

6thsense.eu

ciahome.net (small but more focused)

All play the game seriously in coop, neither requires you to join and arrive on specific times.

Thanks!

I've never played ArmaII MP with people I don't already know. Otherwise, its just too much frustration and hit-and-miss. Also, would you rather go into combat with a bunch of total strangers, or a group of people you knew and trusted? Its a no-brainer..

I've never played ArmaII MP with people I don't already know. Otherwise, its just too much frustration and hit-and-miss. Also, would you rather go into combat with a bunch of total strangers, or a group of people you knew and trusted? Its a no-brainer..

If you think like that, you'll never make new friends...

I have seen the ARMA Casual Group and joined it (but that seem dead). I just wish the groups don't just die off even though people would be busy here and there.

OT, but... Just wanted to chime in quickly and say CAS isn't dead even though the user group looks like it. We have been getting together off and on, but once the summer kicked in, a lot of members just became busy with real life stuff and vacationing with loved ones before things start getting cold again. ;)

Dan (The D.) and the rest of use tend to communicate through different messenger programs since a lot of us have grown close enough through playing together that nowadays we always talk to one another on said messengers, so that's why the group tends to look rather like a ghost town, unfortunately. :)

Seems a bit more close up, I think I prefer Myke's idea of a website forum where you just hit people up for a game or 2. Hopefully everyone cooperate enough for the plans to work out.

the problem I have, for example, is that a lot of clans have 1-2 sessions per week, set days, which doesn't suit me at all, so I can't join most clans because I won't be able to make it to games.

so I'm stuck with public games, which can get very frustrating. so I kind of understand where the OP is coming from. I don't have much experience with the game though... but I wish there were really large clans (200-500 active members) that had games every day :(

500 people is the peak number of ArmA 2 players it seems lol, that's why there aren't 500 people communities out there.

It's weird that I post in this topic, have a "looking for one night stand" in my signature and no one have tried to contact me. No one is available during CET evenings, not one day in a week?

I am available pretty much always, but I don't have OA

Myke, you know for an older guy you really are a JACKASS, and think you know it all. First of all, we have our own server run off our computers that is OPEN whenever we are on, YOU DUMBASS. Secondly, yes I would like to receive a 'pm' from people regarding the TeamSpeak/Server seeing how I don't want to post the info so jackasses like you will join to start shit. The server is open to whoever wants to jump in. So I suggest you stop talking shit because you dont know anything.

Im done with this post and all of you. BYE.

LOL!!! bye and good riddance!

Ever since I got this game I've been disappointed. The way I see it now, the ArmA community is becoming divided. Every night I get on this game and throw my own missions up on my server and no one joins out of the whole night. One thing that has me upset is all the clans, they require you to do bullshit like have set training times and make you say "yes sir!" over a fucking VIDEO GAME. Get a life seriously! Secondly 99% of the public servers have either Domination, or Warfare running which to me gets boring very fast. What ever happened to the good old days of OFP where you had people with open servers making fun user-made co-op missions, and people actually came in and played them? It seems now you either have to join a clan or be forced to go play domination or warfare. The other thing is the players who ARE actually making co-op missions are all locking their servers cause of cheaters or modders that will go in and cause shit. It's very frustrating for people like me who like to make/play user made co-op missions then come on and see no one to play with us. I even come on the forums and post a thread asking people to come play, and out of the thousands of forum viewers, only 2 want to come play. That's just my 2 cents of whats happening with the community.

Amen , i quit Arma for 3 years , recently came back ... i have exactly the same feeling

But this is not the worst , the worst is when it takes you a lot of time to search and install the right mods , then you join a server , say "hello" , ready to join their ts , make up your gear , then you get kicked for no reason .... happened to me last time with TK server , the bassas didn't even give me a chance , they kicked me right away , twice ... then after people complain not many play Arma online ... this is the best way to get people to desert arma online ...

Now i just join servers when there is only a few people , if my hello is not answered , i just quit , cause 95% of the time , it means the people in that server are not interested in teamplay , sounds like a cliché , but is backed up by my own experience .

I agree i'm kinda sick of domination too , i very much prefer user made coop missions , like i used to play in the past , but for some reasons it's now extremely rare to find one , let alone one without custom addons .

Lately i had quite some fun with kind people in the mission " War in Takistan" i thought this concept of mission is great and more or less forces teamplay , and is not as insanely repetitive as domination , although i admit domi has its merits too , and i played domi much more than War in Takistan so far

Anyway .... i only use ACE now , usually people who bothered to download and update it are more concerned about immersion and teamwork , and i only play in small servers where there is 2-6 guys working together , still have some disappointment sometimes , but overall it seems to work better for me

Edited by Ians

Shameless plug. [-44-] clan server is vanilla co-op only with tons of missions. Not always well populated but usually very good people who are in to teamplay when it is.

I would recommend joining the ZEUS gaming nights, they have large clany teamplay without the need for being in a clan, you just join a game at the usual times and you get all the teamplay and coops without annoyances of clan commitment

Okay folks, this thread has obviously run its course and it is not a place to be randomly advertising different clans.

Thread locked.