Sign in to follow this  
SSgt Decker

What is wrong with the ARMA Community!

I love how it's the same 2 guys as well. They both need to learn some respect.

Hahaha, thanks so much for sharing, i can´t stop watching + laughing.

:yay: These boys know how to have fun :yay:

@topic: If you are lucky (like last night on TWC), you can have a good time with public domi, insurgency etc. but generally - imo - they are pretty boring.

I prefer "real" coop-missions with no or very limited respawn/revive instead. On the other hand i´m not able to join a squad atm which makes it pretty hard to find a good game.

The idea of doing a website to meet and organize mission players sounds very good but setting it up and running can be a s´load of work.

Why not do a dedicated thread in here instead - for announcing date/time/server/etc. only, no discussions - and get a TS3 to meet for "instant games" on random evenings?

ArmA community is one of the best i ever met btw - less rage, more (virtual) war !

Edited by W0lle
quoted video

I have to say, I agree with the OP (to some extent). Typically about 80% of the ArmA2 players I see fall into one of two categories:

1) Elitist asshole kids who are in ROTC or are wannabes, and like to boss people around and pretend they're a general over the Internet to play out some silly military fantasy

2) Noob CoD players who have zero listening skills and zero cooperation, and primarily just run around lone wolfing it on Domi and flying helicopters into mountainsides

I realize there are other more chill players out there, but this is what I end up seeing a lot of the time...either way too much realism or no sense of direction whatsoever.

If anyone knows of a group of players who are somewhere in-between, please let me know... :cool:

Ever since I got this game I've been disappointed. The way I see it now, the ArmA community is becoming divided. Every night I get on this game and throw my own missions up on my server and no one joins out of the whole night. One thing that has me upset is all the clans, they require you to do bullshit like have set training times and make you say "yes sir!" over a fucking VIDEO GAME. Get a life seriously! Secondly 99% of the public servers have either Domination, or Warfare running which to me gets boring very fast. What ever happened to the good old days of OFP where you had people with open servers making fun user-made co-op missions, and people actually came in and played them? It seems now you either have to join a clan or be forced to go play domination or warfare. The other thing is the players who ARE actually making co-op missions are all locking their servers cause of cheaters or modders that will go in and cause shit. It's very frustrating for people like me who like to make/play user made co-op missions then come on and see no one to play with us. I even come on the forums and post a thread asking people to come play, and out of the thousands of forum viewers, only 2 want to come play. That's just my 2 cents of whats happening with the community.

I must say I don't think you have adressed that very well Jake, some clans will be very milsim about what they do, but most clans I know (I'm from Australia so clans here are very different) are not milsim and talk to people with their actual online names. Also, when it comes to making people join your server, even if you advertise it here on the forums, most public game players on Arma 2 do not seem to go onto the forums much if at all, and the clan players obviously love playing their organised games with their own clan, you must remember that.

To be honest public gaming on Arma 2 is horrible with the missions available, but that is a result of the community being filled up with a lot of people who played Battlefield, Counterstrike or Call of Duty a lot and have less patience on waiting for some action, BIS were happy to accomodate these people, so they went into the public gaming system, and most players who were not like that joined a clan somewhere, so I recommend you to find a clan that you like the look of and check their website if they have one, go on Teamspeak with them or Ventrilo and meet the members, and play a few games with them to learn their playing style, if you don't like milsim, there would be at least 2 times the amount of clans for every milsim clan their is.

You would be amazed at how good playing on a locked server with a single clan is, you develop friends quickly, and no hackers manage to get on, plus being able to see the same people a lot means you have experiences with them and you know how they like to play.

Also one last thing, having set training times is not "bullshit", the reason why there are set times is so more people can be ready to get on the server, and training is useful for clans to make things work better, such as learning to be quick at bounding movement drills or better at CQB room clearing, and even getting large operations where the goal is not to kill all the enemies as quickly as possible but to practice the drills in a mission scenario.

that is just my thoughts on your post.

Subscribing to the topic. It seems like a good mp groups mine, which is what I currently need ;)

the problem I have, for example, is that a lot of clans have 1-2 sessions per week, set days, which doesn't suit me at all, so I can't join most clans because I won't be able to make it to games.

so I'm stuck with public games, which can get very frustrating. so I kind of understand where the OP is coming from. I don't have much experience with the game though... but I wish there were really large clans (200-500 active members) that had games every day :(

the problem I have, for example, is that a lot of clans have 1-2 sessions per week, set days, which doesn't suit me at all, so I can't join most clans because I won't be able to make it to games.

so I'm stuck with public games, which can get very frustrating. so I kind of understand where the OP is coming from. I don't have much experience with the game though... but I wish there were really large clans (200-500 active members) that had games every day :(

My problem too, even though I would comply with most clans policies. If we could only have some sort of global schedule / availability board... For now I can only leave a message in my sig. A good idea would be to host a session with contact information but I don't think it's possible with playing some SP stuff at the same time.

I guess we have to accept the reality that if we want something more than everybody-is-running-all-over-the-island experience we have to find a group that suits our preferences and that uses voice communications. And session browser won't help us with that.

Try United Operations. Not a clan, but a community, with hundreds of active members. We have 30-40 people on a night and on weekends up to 80-90 people. We also run voluntary training courses and other informative events. No membership required, come and go as you please. You just need our mod pack and to be on our TS and that is it. :)

Sorry for making this thread, and for the disrespect from both sides. Part of it was just wanting to "vent" somewhere. I have respect for everyone and which ever way they wish to play this game. I speak for both Avibird and myself when we say we love this game and want to contribute positively and will no longer rant on these forums. We would like for everyone to try our missions and we would like to try others as well. Hopefully we'll see you out in the game sometime.

Well it is hard to find gamers to play with nowadays. It's not the old days anymore where people would hit each other up and have a good time. I wish it would have been that way, but now its a freaking COD era where one of the lamest game (it use to be better until the kiddies decide to throw out money for a half ass product) rise up to power and that's all everyone really play nowaday. Like all my real life friend just wants that its ugggh. WHen they go on ARMA 2 Free, all they would do is TK bases and crash heli like its some joke. Pretty irritating, so that ends the pubs, as for the realism units, I just don't got the time.

I can see why all the ranting. ARMA requires a group of people to enjoy coop most of the time. A 2 man army won't do the trick whereas on some other games you can just have 2 guys and play some random coop mode and be fine.

I have seen the ARMA Casual Group and joined it (but that seem dead). I just wish the groups don't just die off even though people would be busy here and there.

I have no problem with people who want to play ArmA2 like COD. I have no problem with COD!

But that's not for me. I want the realism and yes, I want it with the 'bollocks.'

I think it's funny to have very realistic graphics and sound effects and then your squad leader says "Pardon me, bud... but there's this guy shooting at us and it would be much appreciated if you took him out for us, please. Thank you and I hope to not have to bother you again."

I dunno...It just doesn't seem right to me. :)

This is why the 3rd Marine Division Gaming Organization is very set on providing services not only for our members but also the public. Membership has additional opportunities and benefits at varying levels, both in the game aspect and also positions (some paid) in the organization/staff aspect.

We have a large number of public players and have no issue if they do not have the desire to join. Actually sometimes they get turned down from general membership since we are selective. There is no pressure on anyone to join our group which I commonly find with a decent number (NOT ALL) groups.

We are not a milsim or realism unit even though many think we are due to the fact our organization uses a degree of a military structure and supplemental rank system. Our public regulars outnumber our actual members about 10 to 1 right now... you dont commonly see that with most well organized groups. We are different and are pushing to provided unique opportunities with a unique approach.

;1990807'] "Pardon me' date=' bud... but there's this guy shooting at us and it would be much appreciated if you took him out for us, please. Thank you and I hope to not have to bother you again."

[/quote']

Sounds like ooofffiiiccee wooorkeer :yay:

I play most time sp, dont have time to play mp and join to a clan. So i must play on public server and most time i must play domiOA(I dont like this type of game) but if i must play it i like play with guys from The Wrecking Crew Uk-TWC, if i see few of them on server i know i will have good time.

I play most time sp, dont have time to play mp and join to a clan. So i must play on public server and most time i must play domiOA(I dont like this type of game) but if i must play it i like play with guys from The Wrecking Crew Uk-TWC, if i see few of them on server i know i will have good time.

That's why there's the "find your ArmA mate" site being worked on. It wouldn't take you more time to play your SP missions with your human-buddy!

RL always takes priority people, some of you need to remember that!

RL always takes priority people, some of you need to remember that!

You don't say! :) Did anyone say otherwise?

Myke;1991130']Real Life??? WTF!!! Link?

Made my day :)

You don't have time to play mp or join a clan, but you have time to play mp?

I don't quite understand.

Just join a community that doesn't require you to be on a specific amount, there's lots out there.

Just join a community that doesn't require you to be on a specific amount, there's lots out there.

Link? That shows 'lots' of what you talk about that is :)

Link? That shows 'lots' of what you talk about that is :)

He can't give linke since we're not yet online....hell, gimme a few days to set it up properly, would you? :D