Sign in to follow this  
Pease

Sounds from in game chat?

So I was on a couple of the Public Servers running regular ArmA-CO....a couple of the pilots would type the title of a song into the chat and it would start playing over the speakers...now that was pretty sweet, and we got a bunch of hell yeahs from the back of the helo....question is, where/how do I add these to my profile? Does anyone have a clue what I am talking about.

Edited by Pease

Try that big button called search. Look for custom player sounds.

If he doesn't know what he is even talking about then how would he know what to search for?

Sorry i can't help mate, it sounds really cool to me too!

Somebody must be able to point you in the right direction! :)

My Documents -> ArmA2 -> Sounds (Make the folder if it doesn't exist).

My Documents -> ArmA2 Other Profiles -> ProfileName -> Sounds (Make the folder if it doesn't exist).

(Pick which ever one is valid for you)

Has to be .ogg format and they can't go past 50kb I *think*. Server has to allow them as well (some don't).

Format goes like so:

What I want to display in text.ogg

So if I'd play that sound it would say

GossamerSolid: What I want to display in text (and it'd be playing the soundfile).

Also to call them, you press 0-8-# of track. I think it's 8 anyways, it's the one that says custom.

Thanks GossamerSolid. That's what I needed to know.

GossamerSolid, do you know of any premade sound files made by the folks around here?

Check your C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\players folder.

If you connect to a server with some players who have custom sounds every file will be cached locally on your machine; from there you can easily "borrow" them for your own profile.

Not all but in fact most servers disallow using of custom files though - you may get booted instantly if you try to connect to such a server.

Well usually I am on 7th Cav or TAW and they allow them :) Thanks for the info though Bulldog.

Posted after Bulldog. Just as he said - The player sounds you here from people in game are cached to your pc so they are pretty much there for the taking. Just make sure you can view hidden files and go to the address (I use windows XP):

C:\Documents and Settings\[Your login user]\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA\players\[Player Name]\sound

In there will have the sounds and filename you heard.

As far as making your own, I can make any you like if you have the .wav or mp3 format. I have a home music studio with software so I can use that. At the moment I have a download with some game commands I ripped from Joint Operations Typhoon Rising. I'll be taking this download away at some point, but at the moment here it is.

http://tomanger.home.comcast.net/Sound.zip

NOTE: You can only have 10 audio commands setup at a time so if you want others, go to the other folder that I setup and replace some with the new ones keeping only 10 in the main Sound folder. If you don't have an .ogg player you can probably get one free on the net. Good luck and enjoy...

If you have a request and have the audio file you need converted feel free to PM me or email me. I'm a busy family, church, working guy, but I'll do my best to get it to ya... Take care and have a great weekeend.

Edited by Tom_Anger
moved email out of post

-Ziggy-;1988934']be aware' date=' the sound files will slow your loading into a game server as each player downloads them when you join.[/quote']

Yep, but since it's a max of 500kb (10 files x 50kb file size max), it's not too much of an issue.

So where do I set up the commands in game? Using my number pad or number keys?

So where do I set up the commands in game? Using my number pad or number keys?

You don't setup anything. The files automatically get pushed into a list.

Press Backspace -> 0 -> 8

then press the corresponding # to the corresponding soundfile you want.

Hello.

Be aware though, to use these sounds sparingly. Whhat may be rib ticklingly funny to you could be hellish for others.

Rgds

Lok

Hello.

Be aware though, to use these sounds sparingly. Whhat may be rib ticklingly funny to you could be hellish for others.

Rgds

Lok

I only planned on doing them with my buds who I game with =).

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

You don't setup anything. The files automatically get pushed into a list.

Press Backspace -> 0 -> 8

then press the corresponding # to the corresponding soundfile you want.

Thanks GossamerSolid. You've been a big help. As have the rest of yall. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Okay, for some odd reason it's not loading up for me when I do it...even on a personal server....:(

I think I may have found the problem....I think you have to put "sound" not "sounds" down. I'll do that when I get home from work (working over night sucks)

I think I may have found the problem....I think you have to put "sound" not "sounds" down. I'll do that when I get home from work (working over night sucks)

Ah my bad :rolleyes:

No worries :P. I haven't tried it yet , so it might not work :P

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

Woot switching them to "sound" worked and just so you know GossamerSolid it's Backspace, 0, 9 :D

No worries :P. I haven't tried it yet , so it might not work :P

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

Woot switching them to "sound" worked and just so you know GossamerSolid it's Backspace, 0, 9 :D

Yeah I was just posting with info off the top of my head. More like "guidance" to find out where you need to go :)

Yup got it all figured out...played around for about an hour or so, hopped into the KA60 Heli, and I had the Airwolf theme playing...it was fun :D