Sign in to follow this  
Muahaha

AI don't use AT weapon on Vodniks

Been fooling around in the editor and discovered that AI with AT weaponry do not engage Vodniks (Russians or Takistani) with AT instead they shoot the APC with their rifles.

While other armor vehicles such as T72/BMPs/Tunguska/Shilka do not seems to have such issue, the AT team will fire their AT weapons upon detecting the vehicles.

Is this something intentional or am I looking possibly at a bug?

Simple way to check is to put 1 vodnik and 1 AT fireteam and find out.

Well, our squad doesn't use ATs either and we're not AI ;)

Its much easier to take out both gunners from flank, put a full mag into the side driver window and stop it by shooting out tyres.

well it's understandable for us to shoot at the tyres, but AI are not that smart, they shoot only at the side of the APC or the main driver, while waiting for the main gun to open up on em.

There is another variant of vodnik that has a turret instead of gunners turned out, not possible to take out the gunner w/o blowing up or forcing out the crew.

In the event of only 1 vehicle and no other armor threat is around, won't it be easier to use that AT weapon and kill it asap without letting it having any chance of killing any of your squad.

Edited by Muahaha

That's strange because AI definitely engaged Toyotas with AT4s even without any AI mods.

That's strange because AI definitely engaged Toyotas with AT4s even without any AI mods.

Not really since the AI is blatantly buggy.

You realize that rather quickly when you run up to a random stationary T72 that is seemingly without a crew... Plonk away a shot at its armor and the turret turns towards you. Yell "OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!" over the coms. And then... Nothing. Run around and watch the turret follow you. He doesnt shoot with the gun. He doesnt shoot with the machinegun. He doesnt move at all. He just calmly swings his turret around.

This is just one of many stupid things that can happen when the AI have a battlefield lobotomy.

Not by my experience at least.

The Vodnik is regarded as a car by the AI.

The AI don't engage cars with AT.

That isn't true at all. I've had RPGs fired at my humvee on several different occasions and I have seen them fire on many other types with rockets too.

I just tested it. The AI will engage Vodniks with Javelins from range. From close up though they will use their M16. I didn't have any luck with a SMAW or AT4 though.

Edited by Jakerod

Well, our squad doesn't use ATs either and we're not AI ;)

Its much easier to take out both gunners from flank, put a full mag into the side driver window and stop it by shooting out tyres.

Last time I tried that, the windows proved rifle-proof.

Try side window, whole clip from near distance. Not sure about crappy 5.56 though...

Try side window, whole clip from near distance. Not sure about crappy 5.56 though...

Come to think of it, it may have been 5.56 SD, which barely exists in real life.

seriously, when the vodnik is on the move, it's not that ideal to offload your clip load of bullets at it as all it needs to do is 1 bullet to take you out, especially it's 200m or further away. Why not AT4 or SMAW to take it out?

Its gunners can't turn that fast. Besides they are exposed and usually only one can lock on your position. We rarely use AT on it, except we have shitload of them.

IceBreakr, for mp scenarios no doubt the players know where to fire their guns, but in the case of AIs they tends to fire at the body of the APC rather than the crucial spots like tyres or the gunners. It doesnt feels right to see a squad of fireteam with at least 2 armed with SMAW or AT4 got taken out without any survivor. Out of the 10 tests that I tested with the AIs, 10/10 is fireteam got wiped out. While 9/10 with at least 75% surviving rate for any other armor types.

The tests I ran is of course 1 armor vs 1 AT fireteam at almost point blank range. No other supports presence.

Edited by Muahaha

It should be patched then in cases where players rely on AI. Its threat level is set too low, config fix should be made by BIS. Send a ticket to dev-heaven?

Its pretty strange, we've seen AI fire with RPGs even on our infantry and other non-armored vehicles...

I've just noticed that machine gunners do engage heavy armor. :D

I've just noticed that machine gunners do engage heavy armor. :D

My test with the fireteam has a machine gunner in it, it never open up till the AT guys shoots their rockets. Probably if there are no other AT guys around, this is a last desperate act of surviving maybe. Or just another AI having bad config.