Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Cessna 185 Skywagon - Light Aircraft

@Gnat:

First of all, i flew all variants of your plane, all of them feel a bit slow on the turning rate if you are slower than 100 airspeed, so e.g. if you attempt a landing, go around and have to do a new pattern you struggle to do hard turns.

If you compare e.g. the Maule M7 of USEC you will notice that even at slow speed the Maule can easily do tight turns. I dont expect a Cessna to handle like the Maule, though sometimes i have the feeling all variants of the Cessna have a certain mass inertia.

And please dont feel like i am trying to force you to do something about it, it was meant as a feedback for you. If you dont want feedback, that is fine with me.

Hey Gnat,

Remember when you did the raft for the Sub? Maybe consider that for the Planes that can land on water? I am sure someone will skin a Blank Military Green and could work for a covert mission.

Just an idea. Great planes lots of fun!

Gnat;1984846']

ALL

BLANK TEXTURES now in first post.

Skin Away ! :D

Cool! Thanks.

Edit

Made two textures today.

CDF:

arma2oa2011072120234721.th.png

Takistani army:

arma2oa2011072120074927.th.png

Will upload them if there's interest.:)

Edited by Lennard

Lovely job Lennard.

I'll add them to the first post if you want to provide a link.

BTW, I'm aware I didnt map the underside of the tailfin correctly, sorry, next update.

in SP 100% perfect but in MP the sea plane will not float and just blows up on landing/(taking off(sinks))

Great little plane this, and love the reskins by Lennard, I'd download them! Small light planes like this are well suited to the sim.

Cool! Thanks.

Edit

Made two textures today.

CDF:

Takistani army:

Will upload them if there's interest.:)

Awesome skins lennard, I'm fully interested :p

How about a chedaki one :)

Gnat;1987277']Thanks guys' date=' yep, gotta get the MP working somehow .......[/quote']

My clanmate, {TCG}Wulfer has a fix for the planes and they now work on dedicated servers.

In C185finit.sqf the first line looks for a server. If you null it out, the planes work online.

Original:

if !(isServer) exitWith {};
_plane = _this select 0;

sleep 0.05;
_plane animate ["RPod", 1];
if ((typeOf _plane) == "GNT_C185T") then
{
   _plane animate ["RPod", 0];
};

Fixed:

//if !(isServer) exitWith {};
_plane = _this select 0;

sleep 0.05;
_plane animate ["RPod", 1];
if ((typeOf _plane) == "GNT_C185T") then
{
   _plane animate ["RPod", 0];
};

Your planes are awesome and thanks again for your hard work on them. Hope this helps :)

Edited by Bryce23
Wrote correct script name

Now Gnat's "old" subs & frigates & LCS can be visited offshore! Just book a tour on one of those colorful Cessna's and have fun!! Thank you Gnat! :):D

This plane is cool to bring recon troops in the jungle area by landing on the river ;)

My clanmate, {TCG}Wulfer has a fix for the planes and they now work on dedicated servers.

In C185init.sqf the first line looks for a server. If you null it out, the planes work online.

Your planes are awesome and thanks again for your hard work on them. Hope this helps :)

Thanks Bryce/Wulfer

Are you talking about the Floatplane version also?

Because thats triggered from a different sqf;

C185FInit.sqf

@NoRailgunner

lol, yes, handy hey!

I tried the float plane with this edit on dedi server and game started ok but when I take off plane nose dives into water every time

Thanks vengeance1

I suspect I know what happening, with slight server lag the special addon (ie fake ground) sitting UNDER the float plane is drifting backwards with speed and the nose "wheel" then slips over the front edge ..... ie nose dive :(

My guess.

OK, I may have to resize the fake ground addon ......

Gnat;1989574']Thanks Bryce/Wulfer

Are you talking about the Floatplane version also?

Because thats triggered from a different sqf;

C185FInit.sqf

Oops, yes I am talking about the amphibious version so it was ci185init.sqf that we edited. We are able to land on water on our dedicated server after the edit. The only bug I have still found is that if you park the seaplane on water for more than a minute or so it begins to sink and when you try to take off it does a nose dive into the sea and explodes. Other than that, its awesome to be able to fly this thing and land it on land or sea :)

Fixed c185Finit.sqf

//if (!isServer) exitWith {};
_plane = _this select 0;

_sxc = [_plane] execvm "\GNT_C185\scr\C185posFloat.sqf";
sleep 0.2;
_xx = getpos _plane select 0;
_yy = getpos _plane select 1;
_zz = getpos _plane select 2;
if ((_zz < 7) and (surfaceIsWater [_xx, _yy])) then
{
   _plane setposasl [_xx, _yy, 0.0];
};

Edited by Bryce23

Here's a link to the CDF and Taki C185 reskins: Gamefront

Original credits go to Gnat. I just painted some random stuff over it.

Nice, will have to have a play with these. Hoping to get some Nogovan flavoured skins made :)

Nice, will have to have a play with these. Hoping to get some Nogovan flavoured skins made :)

Sure could do one for you. If RL lets me that is :)

Thx. Sorry but I get a error message: :)

"Picture gnt_c185\tex\tak_fuse1_co.paa not found"

the .paa files and the Gnat addon in one mod-folder, correct ? :o

my init-line:

this setobjecttexture [0, "gnt_c185\tex\tak_fuse1_co.paa"]; this setobjecttexture [1, "gnt_c185\tex\tak_wings_co.paa"];

greetz

Miller

this is alot of fun.... thanks Gnat

Hello. I'm curious if it's possible to have an updated DL Link to the blank textures on the front page. It appears to have been removed or deleted from the site.

Hello. I'm curious if it's possible to have an updated DL Link to the blank textures on the front page. It appears to have been removed or deleted from the site.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Link updated on first post.

Sorry about the forum archeology, but I've been trying to get the floatplane version to work and I'm hitting a brick wall. If I run a local instance and connect to it with another arma2 instance (from the same computer), floatplane works for both instances. On the other hand, I have a dedicated server (running dayz epoch), and I connect to it with a client that has gnt_c185.pbo with that line commented out as to spawn the fake ground even if it's not a server, but the airplane nose-dives immediately after moving, the fake ground doesn't seem to move with it at all. The version on the server is the original version, but that shouldn't matter, no?