Sign in to follow this  
Cookieeater

Bioshock Infinite

I just saw the 15 minute demo for Bioshock: Infinite and it looks incredible! Here's hoping that Irrational games will make another great game.

kEBwKO4RFOU

After the first Bioshock I'm not holding my breath. They can make great settings but not very good gameplay.

I liked the first one but never got around to playing the second. I don't like the whole hook your arm onto the roller coaster mechanic but I may get it anyway since I was a huge fan of the story in the first one.

I miss System Shock. So badly. :(

Ah well, Bioshock isn't too bad. I did fork out for the first and second, I guess.

I will eat my hat if gameplay is -anything- like that in the actual game. The timing of the responses by the protagonist, the player just happening to look in the right direction at the right time, the huge areas jumping back and forth...yeaaaah. No. Good try though.

Art direction looks AMAZING though.

Regards,

Wolfrug

After the first Bioshock I'm not holding my breath. They can make great settings but not very good gameplay.

THIS! Bioshock had an absolutely amazing Setting. But the Gameplay was lower than average!

THIS! Bioshock had an absolutely amazing Setting. But the Gameplay was lower than average!

I actually really didn't enjoy the gameplay that much. The story, art, and overall creepiness is what kept me going.

Bioshock 1, I saw a neighbour play the first part of it, and it did look extraordinary. Exactly the sort of environment design that appeals. If it had a freeroam gameplay ala Fallout, I might have got it.

Another reason was the DRM as I remember.

great environment design. great scenery to play on. Props for the game developers thinking outside the realism box.

Bioshock 1, I saw a neighbour play the first part of it, and it did look extraordinary. Exactly the sort of environment design that appeals. If it had a freeroam gameplay ala Fallout, I might have got it.

Another reason was the DRM as I remember.

Have you been starring through tha neighbours windows... hmm thats also creepy... lol :rolleyes:

Wow, looks like they're really going for it. Should be a treat!

Hi. BioShock 1 was great, I had no problem with gameplay. Only with Big Daddys :cool:. Elizabeth is cute. It's nothing to Deus Ex 1 though.

What was the problem with gameplay? I thought it was quite interesting in both 1 and 2. And the setting was quite captivating.

What was the problem with gameplay? I thought it was quite interesting in both 1 and 2. And the setting was quite captivating.

The guns and magics are seriously underpowered and you never run out of ammo, resulting in a failure in both combat excitement and whatever survival horror atmosphere they might have been going for. On the other hand, get a couple of perks for your wrench and you'll take any normal enemy down in 3 swats max. Also, the porting quality to PC is abysmal, which is evident in the UI and mouse control.

The guns and magics are seriously underpowered and you never run out of ammo, resulting in a failure in both combat excitement and whatever survival horror atmosphere they might have been going for. On the other hand, get a couple of perks for your wrench and you'll take any normal enemy down in 3 swats max. Also, the porting quality to PC is abysmal, which is evident in the UI and mouse control.

^this

I love the first game, it was so good looking and atmospheric. At the time I felt it was a lil short but I guess 20 hours is outstanding these days after all. Looking forward to this.

Bioshock 2 only had 5 hours for SP because they introduced MP wich sucked balls. About the video, don't believe the hype. It's clearly CGI using some ingame models. Elizabeth's movements are too smooth.

Most overrated game EVER.

The bullshit surrounding this game is truly staggering.

10/10, 100/100, 5/5 - you know when over 40 reviewers give this game a 95+ (many of them giving it 10/10, 100/100) - something is very, very wrong.

The game is average at best, it is certainly not deserving of these endless accolades.

Average graphics, average story, terrible AI, fairly good sound design and one buttload of Bloom and HDR to cover up the fact that the game doesn't really look that great.

It's amazing to me that people panned Aliens: Colonial marines based on the way it looks and then give this schlock 10/10 across the board.

Sure, A:CM was a bit of a train wreck but it certainly was not a 0/10 and by contrast, Bioshock: Infinite is no 10/10 imho.

Edited by BangTail

Yup I agree with a lot of that, pretty average the whole way through and just feels like a chore now to complete it, so many tedious boss battles it's unreal.