insurgency PvP

Would you like proper Player vs. Player Insurgency  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like proper Player vs. Player Insurgency

• Yes
    • No
    • I am scared

Heya,

Recently, a lot of the insurgency servers have disabled the PvP slots all together.

The defending team, the Takistan insurgency, is under-equipped and out-gunned in such a terrible manner I do not see why anyone wouldn't run Insurgency with a 1:1 ratio - there is no risk of "losing" as there are no winning conditions for the insurgents.

I would rather see a full 1:1 PvP server surge. Fighting against humans is a helluva lot more challenging than the AI, but perhaps that's the problem? Someone enlighten me, I cannot see where there are only 4 PvP slots in vanilla Insurgency.

Edited by BadgerDK
Ratio not ration

There are versions out there that can be modified for 1:1 pvp slots. Using AI can also make it greater.

The problem is making it balanced and fun. Takes a lot more effort (too much for most if not all) compared to just making a mission where you steamroll the AI so you can focus on other features that people think are cool :)

Really wish there were some good PvP missions. Hopefully PR can make something good that people will actually agree to play.

Fighting against humans is a helluva lot more challenging than the AI, but perhaps that's the problem?

No the problem is that its a hell of a lot more challenging to battle 100 AI entrenched in a city rather than 10 humans where half is AFK and the other half is teamkilling themselves at the base.

Finding all bombs in about 10 hours is quite a challenge against AI. With human snipers killing at 1000m distance finding 2 bombs within 10 hours becomes the norm.

Hate to say it, but its more fun vs AI. But it depends who you#re playing with.

Insurgency started as a pure coop mission and ppl got used to it. PvP slots where introduced in later versions, but without any renaming the mission to the normal standards (CO - means COOP, not PVP) ppl are still confused to this day.

You either have a COOP mission vs AI or you have a PVP mission (with AI partners or not doesnt matter).

I never understood why actually. Why not 2 different versions instead of one half-coop, half-pvp version that everyone hates (coop and pvp players) because it doesnt belong into any genre.

No the problem is that its a hell of a lot more challenging to battle 100 AI entrenched in a city rather than 10 humans where half is AFK and the other half is teamkilling themselves at the base.

I never suggested the AI should be disabled entirely. Just that the player ratio should be the same.

You make some assumptions about players being afk and TK'ing. I don't know what they bring to the discussion.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

)rStrangelove;1982557']Finding all bombs in about 10 hours is quite a challenge against AI. With human snipers killing at 1000m distance finding 2 bombs within 10 hours becomes the norm.

Sorry but there are no sniper rifles for REDFOR in Insurgency. Respectfully' date=' I think you need to revise your tactics :)

)rStrangelove;1982557']Hate to say it, but its more fun vs AI. But it depends who you#re playing with.

I can't see why. The AI is passive and random. They are wholly unable to stage any co-ordination and any type of defense whatsoever. Getting shot by the AI is most likely you doing something stupid or taking too much risk with a bunch of chimps with guns.

Running in and shooting the armed retards lying prone in the compound is not what I consider a challenge. Even though it can be strangely satisfactory at times. I prefer to play a game of tactic 'chess' with a human adversary than simply shooting fish in a barrel. Don't get me started on the mortar spammers, either. :)

)rStrangelove;1982557']I never understood why actually. Why not 2 different versions instead of one half-coop' date=' half-pvp version that everyone hates (coop and pvp players) because it doesnt belong into any genre.[/quote']

I agree with you 100%.

Good post, thank you.

If everyone hate it why is it so commonly played?

A parameter to disable redfor players is probably something that would be quite easy to implement.

A full PvP version, though, is a completely different project. It's much more complicated (in terms of gameplay design, not technical/scripting skill) to make a true PvP mission than to take a COOP mission and give it a twist with some human enemy AI.

the absense of the PvP modes that all the arcade games are using to such great effect is making me wonder why people wonder why this game isn't more popular.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Before anyone starts flaming: I fucking hate arcade games.