Sign in to follow this  
Phantom Six

Can ARMA 2 Free & OA be merged to become Combined Operations

Can you play on Combined Operations if you have ARMA 2 Free or not? I have both ARMA 2 & Operation Arrowhead but I'm curious if there's some kind of ARMA 2 Free lite for Operation Arrowhead to play ARMA 2 contents. From some people I heard its possible and then from others I heard you can't do it. I want to confirm whether or not it's possible or not, thanks :)

(I also tried searching around but I can't seem to find my answer)

I suppose that its theoretically possible. The problem is the addon restrictions - you wouldnt be able to run A2 in CO with OA units, but rather only OA in CO with A2 units, if you get my point.

You could just try it by using the CO install instructions. Worst case scenario, reinstall both :p

you wouldnt be able to run A2 in CO with OA units, but rather only OA in CO with A2 units, if you get my point.
thats (your second guess) how it works in standard Combined Ops...

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Free_Public_Beta

Q: Is it possible to use Arma 2 Free together with Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead to create Arma 2: Combined Operations compatible game?

A: Currently not, but BI is evaluating how this could be enabled, in similar way as it works for BAF Lite and PMC Lite.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Thanks for the reply guys and thanks for the solid proof Mkye, I just wanted to confirm whether or not it can work.