Sign in to follow this  
A-SUICIDAL

M2 iron sight not working?

I used to be able to switch to iron sights on the M2 and other tripod guns. I was assuming that the last patch I installed might have disabled that ability. I've tried every zoom key and optics and no matter what, I just can't seem to get the iron site view to work. Is there anybody else that is having this problem?

Are you pressing "0" on the number pad? If that doesn't work, go to options>controls>default on all of them.

Funny, I discovered having the same problem just today; my one and only bind for optics view was the 2nd mouse button and that for some unknown reason did not switch my view for the M2.

However, it still does switch the view for rifles as expected. Strange.

I had to bind an additional key to switch to optics mode and that new one suddenly works for M2, too.

for some reason right mouse does not activate optics for vehicles and statics. its incredibly annoying

Found the problem, me Sec Mouse Btn was set to optics "Optics" and was conflicting with "Lock or Zoom" which was also set to my Sec Mouse Btn. So I removed the "Lock or Zoom" from the Sc Mouse Btn and it fixed the problem. Thanks for your help ryguy.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Basically to fix the problem, make sure there is only 1 key or mouse button set for "Optics" and that no other keys are using that same key or button. "Optics" is most commonly set as Sec Mouse Btn, so if you do use Sec Mouse Btn for "Optics", try not to bind anything else to your Sec Mouse Btn.

And don't confuse the control action "Optics Mode" with "Optics", they are different. For instance, the MK17 EGLM RCO has 2 optics modes, 1 is the scope lens and the other is an iron sight on top of the scope and to switch between the two you would use "Optics Mode", but to actually use your scope lens view, you would use "Optics".

I am guessing that the last patch did in fact cause my problem, because I always used to have my "Optics" and "Lock or Zoom" binded to my Sec Mouse Btn and I never had a problem with it in the past.