Sign in to follow this  
Bulldog72

How can I look through sights of mounted machine gun?

E.g. if I am gunner in a M2 mounted on a humvee or something the field of view is somewhat strange and useless for aiming through the sights.

I mean sure I can aim using the green HUD crosshair but I'd like to look through the real sights of the mounted machine gun... and I'm pretty sure I saw some videos where ppl actually do look through the correct M2 sights to aim.

How?

You can change the weapon view with some guns.

Think it´s "/" in the number field by default. You can have a look in the options to find it if i´m wrong.

edit: ok / was very fail.

AH!

Yeah that's it - optics key.

For some reason I had only "Sec Mouse Btn" binded to my optics; this does work perfectly switching the view if using a rifle but for some reason it does not work if I am as gunner in the M2; there it does exactly... nothing.

Adding an additional bind "v" for optics mode fixed it now, ty.

V = step over by default I believe. I use 2nd Mouse Button or Numpad 0 to Optics myself.

Any idea why right mouse button doesn't work for this function even though its bound to the same function? Weird...

Any idea why right mouse button doesn't work for this function even though its bound to the same function? Weird...

No idea.

For a long time, I thought you couldn't sight down the MGs....