cobra5150

Ai landing gear and door script

Looking for help with scripting the c130's gear to lower and raise on an AI plane using a trigger. looking for the same thing for the cargo ramp and doors.I have a script that manually activates those two doors but not via a trigger. any help would be great. I assume if I knew the gear animation locations I could activate the gear the same as the ramps and doors with norrins script. i just would then need to know how to activate with a trigger and not the action menu.

I think you may find the landing gear is rather difficult, If no one else has any info I'll look through what I did a while back when I tried to get the harrier gear down.

I did manage it but I think it crashes afterwards, I know it wasn't how I wanted it.

why do you need to manually activate the landing gear, for example the landAt or getout commands does this automatically for you when the AI is landing.

edit: for open or close the ramps of a vehicle use this in the trigger on act:

vehicle animate ["ramp_top",1];
vehicle animate ["ramp_bottom",1];

i think 1 was open and 0 was closing.

im doing ai touch and goes with the unit capture function. Unit capture method im using does not capture the lowering and raising of my gear so on playback the c130 crashes. I can probably animate the gear if i knew it's name as a variable, like the ramp and doors.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

anyone know how to get the gear location designation like the doors and ramp????

i tried that! if you read carefully it states that those actions only work on a player aircraft not an AI. I just need to know how to animate the gears withe the animate function if thats possible. I need to know the landing gear classname!!!!!!!

Did Demonized idea of actually having the plane land to get the gear down not work for you?

Or if it's for a cutscene, why not film yourself doing the gear stuff?

Does any one have a soulutuon for getting teh ai to lower gear through a script????????

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

help!!!!! plz

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

any ideas???????????????????????????????

I'm gonna go with "No". I've done a few searched and no one's mentioned anything about it. There's no mention of landing gear in the animation section lists I've found and even the OFP C-130 didn't have the ability to on demand toggle the gear the way a player can.

I'm pretty confused as to why landing gear is a project stopper for you here though.

whats so hard to see?!!!!!!! i want an AI pilot to do a touch and go at an airfield using a path ive captured using the unitcapture function. the Ai wont lower the wheels without a script therefore the plane hits the runway and crashes instead of rolling on his gear. I dont want the craft to land just touch and go. just need the gear animations!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

without the gear down it's a project stopper!

you know if you unitCapture yourself and then use the landat from the point unitplay is done, the AI will land automatically gear and all.

but you seem to be after a specific "player" landing, not the AI long approach...

also, remember to be polite, even when frustrated. !!!!!!????!! and %"!&%&"! doesnt help :p

I just want to be able to use a script to tell the c-130's landing gear to deploy and retract, via trigger while the plane is being flown by AI. Is that possible?

With unitcapture work this for me. Just the plane must be set on ground not in the air.

Unitname land "LAND";

Are you set on using the unit capture function? Could you try writing a script that tells the plane to land, and then when it activates a trigger on the runway, immediately takes off again? That's all I got.

Mando_Airfields might be another option.

Thanks so much!!! now its working much better :-)

_plane = Nameofplane

_mis = _plane

_plane action ["LANDGEAR", _mis];

_mis land "LAND";

_landgear = true;

Just gear what i needed :-)

Thanks so much!!! now its working much better :-)

Great! I have fiddled around with it in the past, but I wasn't sure if it would do exactly what you are trying to do. Making aircraft do what you want them to do is a stiff proposition in the first place.

That Mandoble's a crafty guy, too bad he went AWOL.

On 7/14/2011 at 10:26 AM, kylania said:

anyUnit action ["LandGear", plane]; anyUnit action ["LandGearUp", plane];

I really MUST search more often LOL... Thank you kylania for saving me, after a year long trial and error and very poor and lazy searching technique(?.. XD ) this has solved an issue with AI a/c launching and flyin' all willy nilly about with the landing gear down lol.

placed in trigger at end of deck and outwards and boom! FIXED!

Sorry for the rehash of old post.... just never know when I get back into the forums searching (scavenging....)