Sign in to follow this  
SpectrumWarrior

ArmA 3 Editor

Hi: I scanned the thread topics and did not see anything for this, so if it is a re-post I am sorry.

I hope to GOD you are planing to put EVERYTHING in the editor, all buildings, all roads/sidewalks/runways, all trees/bushes, all rocks, all walls/fences. EVERYTHING please. Thanks, Robert.

Hopefully, each successive game has had one or more community Editor Upgrades, it would be nice if everything was available from the start. Even if only unlocked through some "advanced" option. I'd also like a road/path/fence painter for making custom locations.

Hopefully, each successive game has had one or more community Editor Upgrades, it would be nice if everything was available from the start. Even if only unlocked through some "advanced" option. I'd also like a road/path/fence painter for making custom locations.

Ugh ... then imagine the time it would take to download the modified map on MP , due to the modified road system .

Roads are a bit more complex than simply painting, however if it would be possible to paint roads for sole human interaction and have the option to add a 'lane' for AI to navigate then it could be more viable. It would be amazing to see the mission editor and visitor combined to create a full blown editor as long as the two library's are kept separate so you don't have to go hunting for commands scattered all over.

I've done it before with EU roads on Arma2. The ai use them fine and it adds a handful of KB to the mission file. I dont see why a tool couldnt align them for you as you drag them into the editor. I'd have considered that fairly basic stuff.

I've done it before with EU roads on Arma2. The ai use them fine and it adds a handful of KB to the mission file. I dont see why a tool couldnt align them for you as you drag them into the editor. I'd have considered that fairly basic stuff.

Oh OK then , if it works , why not :)

Hi: I scanned the thread topics and did not see anything for this, so if it is a re-post I am sorry.

I hope to GOD you are planing to put EVERYTHING in the editor, all buildings, all roads/sidewalks/runways, all trees/bushes, all rocks, all walls/fences. EVERYTHING please. Thanks, Robert.

No doubt it will be in, there is such an amazing modding community :)

emmmm. hes asking to have these things from day 1. so the modding community, which is great i totally agree on that, can focus on something else. +1 for this suggestion.

If everything we wanted (which they probably could add, if they wanted) was included out of the box there would be no reason for VBS to exist. Truth hurts.

there would be an even smaller community of players then there is now if it was like vbs2...

i dont want to have to take a calculus course just to fire a sniper rifle

If everything we wanted (which they probably could add, if they wanted) was included out of the box there would be no reason for VBS to exist. Truth hurts.

That's a terrible argument against a more user friendly editor. :rolleyes: VBS has countless features that aren't necessary to the regular war gamer.

VBS mostly has features that are only usefull to extreme super hardcore wait by a road for 2 hours players or the military.

That's a terrible argument against a more user friendly editor. :rolleyes: VBS has countless features that aren't necessary to the regular war gamer.

would be nice to choice scripts, buildings and more directly from the editor.

would be nice to choice scripts, buildings and more directly from the editor.

Absolutely. I hope it's something BIS are working on, it's barely changed since the release of OFP.

How about a 3D editor that like works really good to come along with it that's also easier to use. Trying to add AI in the building with a 2D editor can take a while, maybe some easy to use 3D editor to place building waypoints and goodies like that would be nice.

I wonder, would joint editing be nice (like 2 players join a server and they can edit together and save it as well) hopefully that the 2 have the same ideas and can work together pretty well.

There used to be a system on Arma1 called Merlin that allowed 2 people to be gamemasters at the same time. Was a great feature.

It would be even nicer if they added thier .pew's in the PBOs so we could edit thier islands. Getting tired of these little 10 and 15 building towns, with maybe one large city on the map. We need more cities of 250\300 +buildings\houses. Kind-a hard to plan a mission with 30\40\50 co-op and all you have are these little towns that can only avg. 10\15 enemies, or a snipers fest from way outside the town because there are no buildings to speak of. Also if you could make it a lot easier to make an ISLAND, I have tried 3 different step by step post in making ISLANDS for ArmA2OA and all I keep getting are all these errors, can't load this texture paa this p3d, that rvmat, ect.ect. Something about bad version or something like that about 48, 49, and 50.

P.S. PLEASE release a step by step tut. on making ISLANDS for all ArmA's thanks, Robert.

Edited by SpectrumWarrior

I never understood why BIS did not simply show every useful object in the editor by default. After all it's only one config setting that is applied anyway. It simply makes no sense at all!

How about a 3D editor that like works really good to come along with it that's also easier to use. Trying to add AI in the building with a 2D editor can take a while, maybe some easy to use 3D editor to place building waypoints and goodies like that would be nice.

Agreed. A more streamlined 2D/3D editor would be brilliant. :)

At the moment i need to use RTE Editor; export to an external program (RTE Capture) and then save to a blank template. Sometimes it doesnt save correctly if im placing AI units, so i have to place certain things seperately. Objects, then save. Vehicles, then save. Enemy units, then save. Finally, playable units with custom weapons loadouts and then save (multiple tries). It would be easier to do all this in one go as well as not having to save to 4 blank templates and then merge them.

I wouldnt even go as far as asking for a 3D only editor, but rather one that compliments the 2D editor. Id say too many people are used to the 2D editor to welcome a complete revamp towards 3D-only.

Heres to hoping i dont have to use RTE Editor with Arma3 (Though if there turns out to be no 3D editor; fingers crossed its compatible!).

Legislator;1994976']3D Editor sounds familiar' date=' we know what we got ... [url']http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=69156&highlight=editor+announced[/url]

Yeah we got a half done version, your right. But they have had 2 years to work on it since then and another year or so until release to work on it. Hopefully they will have it polished and complete by then. :cool:

I for once hope that the old side-concept of west, east, resistance and civilian is past. It would be far more interesting only to have the factions and to set up alliances between the factions + allowing to have a pre set of faction alliances. This could be very interesting for an enhanced diplomacy mode.