Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

This is how the mod line should look, for a combined ops installation (OA+A2 in the same folder):

"-mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_RU"

This is how it would look if running OA + A2 seperately:

"-mod=C:\program files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_RU"

The double quotes are needed.

Both are 100% confirmed working. If you launch over Six Updater with the beta enabled you should find it working out of the box.

Mkay as i said, it's not, and my modline does look like that, it has for ages. I was running all previous betas fine, installed the latest and got this error, no one else in the beta post seem to be getting it ran a search and found someone here getting it :P

Me and my friend also have this issue, and it is not related to mod order or the like, as we have tried it all and use a launcher that has never had a issue for over a year.

And guess what, I only had that issue because in my mod line I was loading the ACE addons first, then the beta...

after I changed it to look like sick´s (always load beta first, then other mods) - no more problems at all :rolleyes:

And guess what, I only had that issue because in my mod line I was loading the ACE addons first, then the beta...

after I changed it to look like sick´s (always load beta first, then other mods) - no more problems at all :rolleyes:

Mine isn't like that, though...so...and me and my group all have the same modline, yet only two of us have the issue, we all have the same mods, and all use the same tools and all named and ordered identical, for exactly this kinda scenario not to happen, yet again, two us of us have that error, rest do not.

Strange one, but I´d say for sure this issue is beta- and not ACE related, cuz I read someone in the beta thread had the same problem (check it out, I can´t find it atm, it´s the way the beta works with some mods i´d assume :()

Hello there.

Last week I decided to give ACE another try, and I must say, that it is a quite nice mod. My question will sound absurd to most of you, but is there a way to disable the new AI behaviour? I mean, make the units behave like in vanilla? Sorry to say but ACE tends to not exactly break but totally change the way missions work and not always for the better :(

Hello there.

Last week I decided to give ACE another try, and I must say, that it is a quite nice mod. My question will sound absurd to most of you, but is there a way to disable the new AI behaviour? I mean, make the units behave like in vanilla? Sorry to say but ACE tends to not exactly break but totally change the way missions work and not always for the better :(

ACE AI should not break missions, but you should open a ticket with more info:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Er, it might be just not seen by gunner when inside. The effect is surely added for KPVT.

I'll make a bug report, then.

I observed the KPVT from third person during the nighttime.

Strange one, but I´d say for sure this issue is beta- and not ACE related, cuz I read someone in the beta thread had the same problem (check it out, I can´t find it atm, it´s the way the beta works with some mods i´d assume :()

Inclined to agree, definitely a conflict at the minimum.

Im having an issue with ACE when using steam..I have a few other mods/addons I use in certain servers and using the mod line via steam under "properties" all is fine..I have followed this same thing for ACE but its not working..I have searched and havent found a simple step by step install guide for steam version..I always start CO via steam games list..I have DL all of the files needed via this thread and have them installed in my OA folder..the Mod line I am using is this mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM I must be missing something..any help would be greatly appreciated!

JC

Note if this should be in the Steam Thread please move it Admins..Thanks

Install SU http://www.six-updater.net/p/download.html

Make sure the game registry entries are correct, see steam notes: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#Paths%20(Game,%20mods,%20pack%20etc)

Then start the game through the updater.

---------- Post added at 08:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 ----------

Inclined to agree, definitely a conflict at the minimum.

Try deleting the beta folder and installing it clean. And to be sure, try launching with the Beta enabled in SU.

Edited by Sickboy

Great news :).

BTW the config browser has some minor issues lately:

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/classlist

There is too many weapons without images(all the akms and some m4) and some vehicle weapons included in the middle of normal ones :S. Its a bit anoying sometimes, but well the weapons are all there.

RC5 added, pictures updated, will look into the weapons mix up next days.

Vehicle weapons sorting issue resolved now too.

Vehicle weapons sorting issue resolved now too.

Thx, its a great tool for mision makers :D

Hi.

Hope this is the right place to ask, it's a scripting question but they usually get redirected to the official ACE thread.

I have the following scenario: I have an AH 64 with a human player and a potentially human or AI gunner. I want to simulate infantry lasing a target behind a hill.

As far as I understand it, I need to input the laser code of the designator used. However, there is no designator, just an invisible target (OPFOR laser target). How do I get/assign a laser code to that, and how do I get the AI gunner to use that? I suppose that would be a K-Hellfire in LOAL-HI mode, but when I switch to LOAL-HI, the missile still flies straight.

Any hints? Thanks!

~~ Alwarren

Install SU http://www.six-updater.net/p/download.html

Make sure the game registry entries are correct, see steam notes: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#Paths%20(Game,%20mods,%20pack%20etc)

Then start the game through the updater.

---------- Post added at 08:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 ----------

Try deleting the beta folder and installing it clean. And to be sure, try launching with the Beta enabled in SU.

I DL six updater and got the ACE Mod to work...its fantastic BTW....on the other hand..my buddy tried the same thing and it wont work..he DL the updater and we went through each step at the same time...none of his ACE or the CBA would install let alone update..all are yellow and keeps getting a connection errror...I have XP and he has Win7....any ideas?

JC

Got his uploader to work...had him remove and install the latest "stable" version 2.6 instead of the 2.7 and it worked perfectly..so may be something to look at if anyone has issues with the 2.7 version use the 2.6 for Win7

As for the ACE mod itself..its definetly different and will take getting used to..its a love hate thing right off the bat for me..I'm always online late at nite after work and not many servers with people in them so working an AO or side mission with limited(realistic) weaponry is almost impossible..it forces you to work as a team/squad wich I like but tough to do alone...anyway..thanks for all of the help and the great work youve done on the Mod:)

JC

At first he DL the 2.7..so he took that out and rechecked to be sure nothing else was in the arma folders..then DL 2.6 and updated it..then all was good...weird kinda deal but now it works...now to get ACRE installed and start learning all the new stuff..very cool..and thanks again!

JC

hey is it possible to maybe have the pilot or crewman limitation being turned into a module? Because making a mission recently on MCC I had a C-130 tow in a glider (AN2-colt) to landing, which they did well, my problem is the pilot looses his weapon when he should be able to store it somewhere, plus it degrades gameplay, although it is good to limit weapons for pilots etc. some missions it is bad.

hey is it possible to maybe have the pilot or crewman limitation being turned into a module? Because making a mission recently on MCC I had a C-130 tow in a glider (AN2-colt) to landing, which they did well, my problem is the pilot looses his weapon when he should be able to store it somewhere, plus it degrades gameplay, although it is good to limit weapons for pilots etc. some missions it is bad.

You can disable that limitation by running this code in your mission:

if (isServer) then { ace_sys_eject_fnc_weaponCheckEnabled = {false}; publicVariable "ace_sys_eject_fnc_weaponCheckEnabled" };

Edited by Robalo_AS

Hello,

I have a script that tries to add a loadout when each player starts.

It works with the weapons, and magazines and radios and such as well as the rucksack.

However the items IN the rucksack isnt getting loaded. The ruck only has the items that it has from scratch, not the ones ive added with my script.

The script in my loadout file about the stuff in the ruck is like this:

[_unit, "ACE_Bandage",14] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine;

It works in preview, but not on a dedicated server...

Can anybody help me get this straight?

We've pushed some minor hotfixes to SU, you can fetch them by running "Verify and Repair".

ACE 1.12 and new CBA stable releases imminent.

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

New Release Thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=125130

Requesting thread closure.

Edited by Sickboy