Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

Ah, thanks you two.

Hadn´t understand the relationship of that variable clearly. :)

Most recently, the "drop ruck on entering vehicles" change was reverted by us for our ace_overrides addon with the help of Sickboy. This was another case of a feature that just did not add anything positive to the gameplay experience for us.

Could you release this to the the public. I'd love to be able to disable just this feature. It's terrible and makes my SP missions hard to play. I've decided to stop making the SP ACE2 campaign because of this but if I could have a .pbo I could release with the campaign I'd love to do so.

I've got no problem with realism but this has nothing to do with it. That may be subjective but I ain't making no more missions so it doesn't matter. Not even sure why after all this time they'd add this feature. Point.... less.....

I don't have a huge problem with it, but it's really bad that you drop your CLU. Haven't tried with any other optics.

Did the ACE team consider adding a longer spin up time for helicopters like in ACE for ArmA I? if so why was it removed (i presume it would be because it doesen't "add anything to the gameplay", which is a valid point in some respects). I rather liked this feature in A1 as it slowed things down, giving the pilot time to check their route or make any announcements to the crew. Furthermore it created a nice atmosphere of "we'll have to prepare this helicopter very briefly before departing instead of launching like a cruise missle".

Other than that I dearly enjoy playing ACE with my group of friends and only recently stumbled upon the tank FCS system, which is an amazing achievement that turns BIS's desert map into the battle of 73 Easting after about 2 minutes of work in the editor.

looking forward to future releases!

Edited by Merlin
period

Whenever I start ACE with one of the latest beta patches I get

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit.recoilCoef'.

The ingame weapons recoil is absolute zero, regardless which difficulty is set :eek:

Any way to fix this apart from not using beta patches?

The ingame weapons recoil is absolute zero, regardless which difficulty is set :eek:

ACE is tested with the beta patches when they come out. No such problems here.

Probably an issue with startup parameters.

Double check your shortcuts or try starting the game with Beta enabled in Six Updater, which takes care of all necessary, even for seperate OA+A2 installs. (As long as you have correct registry entries for the games)

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

Did the ACE team consider adding a longer spin up time for helicopters like in ACE for ArmA I? if so why was it removed (i presume it would be because it doesen't "add anything to the gameplay", which is a valid point in some respects). I rather liked this feature in A1 as it slowed things down, giving the pilot time to check their route or make any announcements to the crew. Furthermore it created a nice atmosphere of "we'll have to prepare this helicopter very briefly before departing instead of launching like a cruise missle".

Other than that I dearly enjoy playing ACE with my group of friends and only recently stumbled upon the tank FCS system, which is an amazing achievement that turns BIS's desert map into the battle of 73 Easting after about 2 minutes of work in the editor.

looking forward to future releases!

Glad to hear! :cool:

Please find the issue tracker for feedback, feature requests and bug reports; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Though I don't think we will bring it back at least not how it was implemented back then as iirc it was removed due to implementation limitations.

Probably an issue with startup parameters.

Double check your shortcuts.

Ty, was really shortcut related.

There was nothing wrong in it, though, I just changed the order how the mods were loaded...:p

Before a ticket, can the overheating feature cause missing targets >300 yards by < 3 feet? If so I noticed that the feature sticks around after changing weapons and even respawning.

Before a ticket, can the overheating feature cause missing targets >300 yards by < 3 feet? If so I noticed that the feature sticks around after changing weapons and even respawning.
Regardless if it can, a ticket with details, rpt and repro is welcome/helpful in any case as it seems something is causing it, doesnt really matter what.

I have to try some more, that was with the latest beta, but something I've been noticing lately.

Edited by HyperU2

Great news :).

BTW the config browser has some minor issues lately:

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/classlist

There is too many weapons without images(all the akms and some m4) and some vehicle weapons included in the middle of normal ones :S. Its a bit anoying sometimes, but well the weapons are all there.

Edited by columdrum

Great news :).

BTW the config browser has some minor issues lately:

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/classlist

There is too many weapons without images(all the akms and some m4) and some vehicle weapons included in the middle of normal ones :S. Its a bit anoying sometimes, but well the weapons are all there.

RC5 added, pictures updated, will look into the weapons mix up next days.

Edited by Sickboy

Howdy, ACE2 pers.

Was flicking through the stamina pages and could not find anything conducive to success.

Is there a variable for the instantaneous stamina/fatigue level of a unit? For example, the value would be 1.0 when fully rested, 0.5 after a bit of hard running and 0 when fully turfed?

I ask, because I would like to modify a script based on these values. :) Any help = much appreciated.

is there a way to get six updater to auto download the latest version

and keep it up to date with out me having to do any thing at all ?

Is it really such a problem to launch the Updater? :j:

Is there a variable for the instantaneous stamina/fatigue level of a unit? For example, the value would be 1.0 when fully rested, 0.5 after a bit of hard running and 0 when fully turfed?

I ask, because I would like to modify a script based on these values. :) Any help = much appreciated.

That is a good question I was wondering about as well.

The BMP's 30mm cannon now has a scripted muzzle flash, and a lighting effect.

The BRDM's KPVT has a lighting effect, but no muzzle flash. Is this intentional?

That is a good question I was wondering about as well.

The variable you are looking for is ACE_SYS_Stamina_Fatigue. To see how stamina works, you could enable the stamina debug by adding this lines to the init.sqf:

#define DEBUG_MODE_FULL
#define DEBUG_STAMINA
#define ACE_DEBUG_STAMINA

#include "\x\cba\addons\main\script_component.hpp"
ACE_SYS_STAMINA_DEBUG = true;

It would show that variable plus other internal ones so you can understand how it can change. I dont know the values for tired and all than but just test a litle to get them

Sure, setup a preset with ACE and Install/Update action, create a shortcut to that preset (incl execute+shutdown), check the shortcut parameters and schedule a task in the Windows Task Scheduler, with those parameters.

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#How%20can%20I%20schedule%20the%20updater?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24594

Edited by Sickboy

Me and my friend also have this issue, and it is not related to mod order or the like, as we have tried it all and use a launcher that has never had a issue for over a year.

Me and my friend also have this issue, and it is not related to mod order or the like, as we have tried it all and use a launcher that has never had a issue for over a year.
This is how the mod line should look, for a combined ops installation (OA+A2 in the same folder):

"-mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_RU"

This is how it would look if running OA + A2 seperately:

"-mod=C:\program files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_RU"

The double quotes are needed.

Both are 100% confirmed working. If you launch over Six Updater with the beta enabled you should find it working out of the box.

Edited by Sickboy

The BMP's 30mm cannon now has a scripted muzzle flash, and a lighting effect.

The BRDM's KPVT has a lighting effect, but no muzzle flash. Is this intentional?

Er, it might be just not seen by gunner when inside. The effect is surely added for KPVT.