Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

Hi, l'm new to Operation Arrowhead and l am trying to add Ace for it. This is what l have in my exe; "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@ACE and when l try to start up l just get this error;

include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found

Any help you could give me would be great.

Thank you

I should have done some more reading :) Thanks for your help, works now.

Hi,

New to Arma 2 & ACE 2. Loving it so far.

I'm struggling to add a Magic Box to a custom mission, I was hoping someone could help me troubleshoot.

I've placed the box, it appears in the editor, but in game nothing shows up.

The properties of the box are as follows:

Side: Empty

Class: AE Ammunition

Info Age: Unknown

Vehicle Lock: Unlocked

Unit: Magic Box

Special: None

Nothing weird or complex about the mission, just a USMC rifleman on a Chernarus mountain and the crate. Just want to test out the different guns while also learning the editor a bit.

Am I missing something? Do I need to init the magic box with a script or am I using the wrong class? I see in the ACE docs it mentions the 'ACE Ammoboxes vehicleclass' but I can't seem to find that.

I've successfully added a USMC ammo crate from the AE Ammunition class and it shows up when I preview the mission.

Thanks for any help. Awesome mod ACE team, I'm really blown away by it.

I'm unable to pack and unpack gear during the briefing screen. My search turned up the same question a couple of times, but the answer was that "it should work".

I've got weapons, ammo and gear in the description.ext but the pack button is always disabled. Once I get in-game, I can pack and unpack fine, just not from the briefing screen?

Is there a trick to making this work?

I'm unable to pack and unpack gear during the briefing screen. My search turned up the same question a couple of times, but the answer was that "it should work".

I've got weapons, ammo and gear in the description.ext but the pack button is always disabled. Once I get in-game, I can pack and unpack fine, just not from the briefing screen?

Is there a trick to making this work?

As far as i know, you can't pack anything on the briefing screen or when you are in a vehicle.

Ok, thanks. I'll stop banging my head against the desk. Guess it'll be the ol' "ammo crate at the beginning of the mission" thing.

@mtlphil

The Magicbox takes a minute or two to load all the weapons (Since it loads most of the ones found in game) so wait a minute or two and check again. There are other optional parameters (Which I can't find atm) to show different 'Class' weapons since it puts the weapons best suited for the player 'class' in. Also a parameter (Again, can't find atm) that removes said restriction.

@mtlphil

The Magicbox takes a minute or two to load all the weapons (Since it loads most of the ones found in game) so wait a minute or two and check again. There are other optional parameters (Which I can't find atm) to show different 'Class' weapons since it puts the weapons best suited for the player 'class' in. Also a parameter (Again, can't find atm) that removes said restriction.

I believe you're looking for this:

You can find a pre setup "MagicBox" in the ACE Ammoboxes vehicleclass.

Global Variables to be set:

Disable unit-class filtering:

ace_sys_weapons_lock set [0, false];

Remove all limitations, meaning all weapons and magazines will appear:

ace_sys_weapons_test = true;

It can take quite a while until the items in the box are accessible, especially when using above variables, please be patient.

Warning: using the sys_test makes it take a LONG time to init, and there are a lot of duplicates in the box.

@mtlphil

I'll give that another try. I did wait for a while without success, but maybe not long enough.

Should the crates themselves be visible while it is loads the weapons? Or does it just appear once it's ready?

I'm not too worried about the scripts to take off the Class specific restrictions yet, I'll look into that once I get the vanilla one working.

Just to be clear though, I don't need any special init scripting to get the basic, class restricted magic box right?

Thanks for the help everyone.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

@mtlphil

Doesn't seem to work, I've had the mission open since my last post (~10 minutes) and no sign of a crate. I've placed it right in front of my playable character in the middle of a highway so it can't be hiding.

Isn't there supposed to be one in the ACE 2 Demo 1 Scenario? I wasn't able to find it in there in game either. Anyone know where it normally is in that scenario?

Can I ask someone to sanity check this for me real quick on the latest update of ACE 2 from yesterday? Throw one into a custom mission just to make sure it appears. If other people can definitely get these to work then I guess my install is screwed somehow.

Edited by mtlphil

Odd, it shouldn't be invisible. It should look like any other green ammo crate. And you don't have any of the test missions? Huh... I'll need to look myself and see if anything vanished. You very well might have to (If you run Six Updater) a verify and repair... or if you got ACE any other way, a full re-install (Of ACE). But lemme see if it's working for me.

-Edit-

Mmk, I have the test missions but no magic box... very odd. Other ammo boxes work fine, but the magic one is a ghost. Can anyone else verify?

Edited by SigintArmA

Odd, it shouldn't be invisible. It should look like any other green ammo crate. And you don't have any of the test missions? Huh... I'll need to look myself and see if anything vanished. You very well might have to (If you run Six Updater) a verify and repair... or if you got ACE any other way, a full re-install (Of ACE). But lemme see if it's working for me.

-Edit-

Mmk, I have the test missions but no magic box... very odd. Other ammo boxes work fine, but the magic one is a ghost. Can anyone else verify?

I do have the test missions, just meant that the Magic Box didn't seem to be present in those either.

Thanks for the check, makes me feel more confident that I don't have a corrupted/broken install of the mod.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Entered the Magic Box not appearing in the bug tracker

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24103

yes i am also not seeing the magic box at all. it used to be a normal green ammo box on the ground after the demo mission loads but the items takes time to load up. now the ammo box doesnt even appear.

[/color]Entered the Magic Box not appearing in the bug tracker

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24103

Thanks, fixed; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24103#change-107669

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

Warning: using the sys_test makes it take a LONG time to init, and there are a lot of duplicates in the box.
Duplicates in the box? Really duplicate classes? Please create a ticket, incl a few examples of classes that are duplicate.

aa that for a glitch with the machine gun bullets fly strelyaesh aside

Fix confirmed. Did the Verify & Repair with Six Updater as indicated in the bug resolution comment and the box now appears

Trying out all the toys within right now in fact. :)

Again, awesome mod you & your team have made here. Now that I've put a few hours into the game I can confidently say Arma 2 is as close to my dream game as is currently available (until Arma 3 perhaps) and the mod only takes it up a notch.

I'm looking forward to contributing what I can to help grow the mod. I've got 5 years of professional video game QA experience at this point and it'd be a pleasure to do anything I can to help improve something this cool.

Yes, just please don't blame us for undocumented features of mods mentioned :)

What do you mean?

There are various possible MP/gameplay issues with WarFX due to the way it's built (FX added bulletwise instead of weaponwise, extra bullet classes).

JSRS is rather OK, and offers better modularity than ACEX_SM for instance. Regarding bugs, there was an issue with FFAR sounds causing CTDs, dunno if it was fixed.

Ok thanks i guess its not worth it are the fx and sounds in ace up to par with those two mods?ive never installed ace for arma 2 yet how do i find multiplayer servers for the mod can i go into any servers,

Ok thanks i guess its not worth it are the fx and sounds in ace up to par with those two mods?ive never installed ace for arma 2 yet how do i find multiplayer servers for the mod can i go into any servers,
http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Servers

You cannot play on servers not running ACE.

You can find servers by looking for ACE in the server name, better yet, install ACE with Six Updater, and use 'search servers with this mod', on the @ACE modfolder for example. You can join the servers directly from Six Updater, incl the needed mods.

SU Stats site can show you servers running @ACE too: http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/nested/a546d346-a754-11de-b50f-0021855d3b6d

Edited by Sickboy