Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

Hmm, didn't keep up with optimization progress ... Sickboy did u complete that "speed-up revolution" thingy? :)

Sure thing, very good results already, http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Performance_Revolution

More things planned but for later, but the impact will not be as significant as the current improvements.

Some more notes http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=2015682#post2015682

Edited by Sickboy

I have a current issue, not sure if its a bug or a feature.

When I got into the F35 earlier, it dropped all of my gear apart from inventory items, (Compass, map, PR343 etc etc)

The issue was that it dropped my PR117 as well, so i could no longer communicate with a JTAC, Am I missing something, is there a work around for this?

More to the point, is it ACE thats creating the issue?

What is the name of the file where the script Laser target [ DESIGNATOR ON ] the AH-64D ?

Not that I nor anybody from ACE knows of.

Xeno

maybe i better explain not the wounding system itself but the medical system epi,morph,medikit,CPR the way you check what a wounded soldier needs.

I saw it in a PR gameplay video and i asked myself if there was a donation...

Just like STHUD wasn't donated yet they have pretty much the same thing with some adjustments.

Not that I mind, though. If they want to be stubborn to only use what they made, I'd rather have them remake good stuff than not have them at all. Though I wonder how well the injury system would work in a PvP scenario, as I can already see how messy the ACE injury system can get in PvP scenarios. Let's face it - those systems aren't exactly realistic (no offense)... At least the ACE system isn't buggy like the BIS one which alone is enough to make it far superior to the BIS system :)

Let me ask you something:

If the vanilla game had offered this level of realism right from the start, how'd you argue then?

What if worms had machine guns? You can "what if" all day, but thats not gonna get anybody anywhere.

I can deal with the BS of a pilot having to grab his gear from the chopper... fine, you guys want to force a certain level of realism on everybody, fine... but consider those of us using ACRE, and how it limits pilots that need radios in order to do their jobs properly. They cannot use a radio that is in the aircraft's storage bay, nor can they use a radio that is placed on their back.

What does this mean? "script extended_evenhandlers\init.sqf not found"

It's started appearing after updating to ACE 502; CBA 163 (Tested without ACRE running).

the only thing that alarm me is if they ask permission before implementing in their mod things others did before.

I'm not too much satisfied from their attitude as they appear to me a little too we are PR we are the best in Bf2 and bla bla bla i'd be much more unsatisfied if they pick up things without permission.From my humble point of view i really hope milsim communityes keep playing with ACE mod.

Since i'm an organizer of large realism TVT events and campaigns i would be really disappointed if my favourite plattform(ACE mod)won't be considerated the best one in which set our events.I know that doesn't bother Ace devs but just my 2 cents.

p.s:ok ok i must admit that: i'm an Ace mod fanboy,Guys i love this mod so much!

the only thing that alarm me is if they ask permission before implementing in their mod things others did before.

I'm not too much satisfied from their attitude as they appear to me a little too we are PR we are the best in Bf2 and bla bla bla i'd be much more unsatisfied if they pick up things without permission.From my humble point of view i really hope milsim communityes keep playing with ACE mod.

Since i'm an organizer of large realism TVT events and campaigns i would be really disappointed if my favourite plattform(ACE mod)won't be considerated the best one in which set our events.I know that doesn't bother Ace devs but just my 2 cents.

p.s:ok ok i must admit that: i'm an Ace mod fanboy,Guys i love this mod so much!

Zio, they need not ask permission to use similar ideas that they themselves were using in PR:BF2 years before ACE even implemented theirs. I'm not shining a better light on either, i'm just saying in your last three posts in this thread which has gone mostly ignored you seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill.

I have a current issue, not sure if its a bug or a feature.

When I got into the F35 earlier, it dropped all of my gear apart from inventory items, (Compass, map, PR343 etc etc)

The issue was that it dropped my PR117 as well, so i could no longer communicate with a JTAC, Am I missing something, is there a work around for this?

More to the point, is it ACE thats creating the issue?

Not a bug, its a feature, read the changelog http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_12_RC1

I agree with ACE team that it was unrealistic that you could enter in a f35 with a javelin or a mortar :p. But for example some heli gunners dropping their gear hurts the gameplay to much, because on a fast extraction you may hit the wrong action... and lose your gear. So maybe adjust this feature a little more or put it as a module option could be a good idea.

I can deal with the BS of a pilot having to grab his gear from the chopper... fine, you guys want to force a certain level of realism on everybody, fine... but consider those of us using ACRE, and how it limits pilots that need radios in order to do their jobs properly. They cannot use a radio that is in the aircraft's storage bay, nor can they use a radio that is placed on their back.

You know that all airplanes and helis have an integrated 117f? :p just use ACRE self iteration key( alt+shit+q or alt+shift+e i dont remember).

Edit: BTW, really? now comming with PR right here after PR thread was colsed? :S, i think that mod1 VS mod2 its just useless talk

Edited by columdrum

You know that all airplanes and helis have an integrated 117f? :p just use ACRE self iteration key( alt+shit+q or alt+shift+e i dont remember).

Well you got me there...

For some reason I can't change gear in my squad during briefing. After closing gear window for specific soldier he gets his old gear back and weapons he recieved disappear. Newest version, updated just yesterday.

Worked fine with the latest stable release.

Edited by boota

For some reason I can't change gear in my squad during briefing. After closing gear window for specific soldier he gets his old gear back and weapons he recieved dissapear. Newest version, updated just yesterday.

Worked fine with the latest stable release.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

Not a bug, its a feature, read the changelog http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_12_RC1

I agree with ACE team that it was unrealistic that you could enter in a f35 with a javelin or a mortar :p. But for example some heli gunners dropping their gear hurts the gameplay to much, because on a fast extraction you may hit the wrong action... and lose your gear. So maybe adjust this feature a little more or put it as a module option could be a good idea.

Please share your thoughts in tickets http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23863#note-6 (There are also some details and tips included) Edited by Sickboy

Hello

experienced problems after the latest update today.

Cannot use the halo anylonger ..

it develops and everything but still plummeting to the ground and dying...

Apologies if this is a stupid question. Is last week's release (Build 502 - 26 Aug) still hosted or updatable to either manually or via SixUpdater, or does it get merged in the continual update?

Just to note, i experienced the same problem.

Will file a report with bug tracker if Frosties does not.

shark-attack can put into a bug report, i dont know what to writ e:)
Actually read the link i've sent you and you know exactly what to write :p
Apologies if this is a stupid question. Is last week's release (Build 502 - 26 Aug) still hosted or updatable to either manually or via SixUpdater, or does it get merged in the continual update?
If you or someone else hosts it; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup, then you can grab it off a custom repo.

In worst case scenario you could upload the files to www.multiupload.com as an ad-hoc solution.

But as always we recommend running the latest version, but I take it your server admin went on holiday (IIRC) :)

Edited by Sickboy

That'd be 16AA's server admin...but yeah, we're trying to coord a big joint op starting Sunday so preferring to stick to a change freeze - it might yet come to a full update though.

I've been trying to get my head around custom repo's cos I'd love to switch VCB's addon management to Six Updater. Unfortunately my technical knowledge of web/ftp/rsync hosts is extremely limited and the instructions baffled me. I'll keep reading though, it may sink in one day (no pun intended).

Hello

Am I missing something? There was an update today?

Am I missing something? There was an update today?

Mine just updated, and my HALO failed. No splatter though.

ql9C83M2Dj8

Yup. I'm updating right now. I love update Fridays! I'll check the HALO thing when it's finished.

Don't forget to update again (first sync with su portal) after official release notice.

I've been trying to get my head around custom repo's cos I'd love to switch VCB's addon management to Six Updater. Unfortunately my technical knowledge of web/ftp/rsync hosts is extremely limited and the instructions baffled me. I'll keep reading though, it may sink in one day (no pun intended).
If you like, come join us and we shall talk it over coming days http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Just to note, i experienced the same problem.

Will file a report with bug tracker if Frosties does not.

No more need, in the mean time I was able to start the game, check the rpt, find the problem and fix it.... :D

cool sixboy, updating ace now :D

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

i have another issue, but i dont know if its a bug or a feat.

Whenever im injured or wounded and have healed myself i loose the ability to use my G button to check my gear, or even use the mouse scroll menu?

Is that a feat when u are wounded or a bug?