Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

I believe what Maverick96 is asking, is if there was a way while in the mission (Let's say you've RTB to re-arm for another outing furring a Domi or Insurgency) and instead of only picking up 8 bandages... loading them to ruck... loading 8 more... rinse and repeat, to just pack the item directly into the ruck from the crate.

At least, that is what I read from it.

Correct, I mean while you are a player in play. For medic to be effective you generally want to take about a dozen of each supply, and having to swap these from the box, to your inventory, to the ruck can take a fair bit of time. I was just wondering if it would be possible to load directly from gearbox to ruck.

EDIT: I realize that ACE is in Maintenance Mode now and as such this may not be added as a feature, but it would be extremely useful to us medics and probably everyone else as well. :cool:

Edited by MavericK96

That's something that can be added trivially by a script in any mission doesn't need to be part of the mod.

Unless you're able to pull directly from the box using the Pack button that's already there or add a Pack From Box button maybe?

Edited by kylania

Yeah, that would be ideal. You can't pack from box using the Pack button (I tried :cool:) but making that work would be nice.

I also have another medic-ish question: What is the difference between a bandage and a compress? I've tried searching for this but only found others with the same question. I heard from someone on a server that a compress is like a "mega-bandage" and is used to avoid using up many bandages to stop bleeding. Is this the case?

Yeah, that would be ideal. You can't pack from box using the Pack button (I tried :cool:) but making that work would be nice.

I also have another medic-ish question: What is the difference between a bandage and a compress? I've tried searching for this but only found others with the same question. I heard from someone on a server that a compress is like a "mega-bandage" and is used to avoid using up many bandages to stop bleeding. Is this the case?

Bandage may or may not heal completely the bleeding, so if the soldier is really injured you may need 2 o 3 bandages to heal him. But compress heals always the bleeding.So yes, its just what you say

1 Compress = 2 Bandages. I've ran into moments where it'd take 4 bandages but only two compresses. But it is the weight of 2 bandages but takes up less space and is only usable on heavy bleeding. It's both good and bad to carry.

Best course to take when one is needed, use the compress then bandage if still needed and then anything else needed(Morphine/Epi). It's what I've always done.

Yeah, I generally carry less compresses, but still a few just in case.

My typical loadout is something like:

12x Medkit

12x Bandage

12x Morphine

12x Epi

6-8x Compress

Scales up or down depending on number of units in the squad.

...Hence, why a "Box to Ruck" feature would be infinitely helpful. :D

@Maverick - feel free to create a ticket on the matter

You guys might also want to consider trying to make missions (or edit missions to have) automatic loadouts, or at least automatic default loadouts, with the ability to save them if mission has respawn, so that you don't have to repeatedly do the whole gear-up ceremony every time you want to play a game (not to mention respawn if mission has respawn).

Adding packing directly from ammo crate would definitely be nice to have to save time sometimes, sure. But try to think big :)

Done, thanks for the reply.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23551

Ticket was rejected as a duplicate of two other tickets which were both closed, one for duplicate and the other for engine limitations.

However the engine limitation one that the other two were deemed duplicates of was asking for a lot more than just a "pull from box into ruck" which is what we need for this.

Also the engine limitation was given that broadcasting getCargo commands would be too much yet there's now a getCargoGlobal series of commands, might that help now? It would break locally created ammo boxes though I bet.

Maybe something like a "Pack RuckMode", where you click a button and anything you subsequently add to your inventory gets stuffed into your Ruck automatically? That way the ammo box isn't really involved in it, you just monitor changes to your inventory and move items?

Better luck responding to the tickets inside the tickets than on another forum (BIF) me thinks :)

RSLO is config based static loadout system. MSO is a mission. MSO might include some pre-sets for filling a ruck, but not what we're looking for -- a method of clicking on an item in a crate in the Gear dialog and having that item appear in your ruck without having to unload pistol slots, fill them, pack them and repeat.

Since all three of the tickets were closed I wasn't sure I could/should update them, but I will. :)

Thanks Kylania - unlike threads, closed tickets can still be responded to :)

Is there any way to bind action Eject to key? Because in some situations I can't find Eject in action menu, if I even can make it to scroll in it :(. I'm flying with joystick + keyboard (for throttle), so I have both hands busy and I have to put away my hand from joystick and put it on mouse :D

BTW: Please, repair size map tool.

Edited by kllrt

Is there any way to bind action Eject to key? Because in some situations I can't find Eject in action menu. I'm flying with joystick + keyboard (for throttle), so I have both hands busy and I have to put away my hand from joystick and put it on mouse :D

Please create a ticket per issue and we'll look into it; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Is there any way to bind action Eject to key? Because in some situations I can't find Eject in action menu, if I even can make it to scroll in it :(. I'm flying with joystick + keyboard (for throttle), so I have both hands busy and I have to put away my hand from joystick and put it on mouse :D

You can already do that, for example i have the exit vehicle and extract action to "insert key" so i can use it to fast exit vehicle( i think that i your case just with setting the extract would be enought). In the case of the vehicle its stop its just a normal exit, but if its moving its a forced exit, in the case of vehicles with ejection seat it will trigger it.

Just go under options, controls, select "vehicle controls" and scroll to the bottom, the 3 and 4 actions starting from the end.

ejectv.th.jpg

Edited by columdrum

In regards to the "box to ruck" issue, even if there was just a button which would quickly transfer from box to inventory, then from inventory to ruck with one click, it would still be improved over the current system. Ideally you would not have to transfer to inventory at all, but it sounds like there are problems with engine limitations that might not make this possible at the moment.

Just some food for thought.

Thanks Kylania - unlike threads, closed tickets can still be responded to :)
Likewise, Maverick :)

I'm getting this messege everytime I try to launch ACE: "Include file x/cba/addons/main/script_macros_common.hpp not found"

???

Anyone else having trouble with the aim point of the Mk17 EGLM grenade launcher?

My grenades fly at least 50m over the adjusted range and way too much to the right of the intended target...

Question to ACE devs.

Does this update have any conflicts with Zeus AI?

Regarding the RWR, I think it's great but are there any plans to make it not pick up parked aircraft, or to give an option to do so?

I run a number of training maps for fixed wing pilots and the RWR gets completely cluttered if your within range of the airbase, and if your in an opfor plane the RWR just doesnt stop.