Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

how can I download it?

Six Updater would be a really good way. :)

OK so I deleted old ACE and downloaded new one with six updater so now I've got version 497 of ACE(I had 494 previously). Still nothing. I put C4 on the ground, take a step back, open Ace interaction menu and I can only place another C4. Also my ACE requires ace_tracking.hpp file so I have to use one from arma 2 ace. Anybody has the same problem with interaction to bombs or IED's? It's just weird.

If you can place another C4 you are not opening the ACE interaction key. You are opening the ACE self-interaction key. Use the (other) windows key for interaction to "safety off" the C4.

I think the thing that confuses a lot of people is that many keyboards do not have a right-windows key (out of the 6 keyboards here, only one has - and that's plugged into a Mac!!).

@Gerwazy - if you are one of these without a right-windows key, you will need to assign a new shortcut in the ACE menu (from the escape menu). Make sure you have ACE Clippi running in the background if you want to save this for subsequent sessions.

To re-cap...

Right Windows = ACE Interaction Key

Left Windows = ACE Self Interaction Key

HahahaXD thanks guys. That makes me laught! I downloaded ACE three times.

sorry,maybe it was said, but how can i disable blackout in planes? or how to make script or what to write in init/description to disable it? thx

Not sure if you can disable it entirely, but you can give non-pilot crew G-force protection via fnc_setCrewProtection.

_ar = [_someSoldier, true] call ace_fnc_setCrewProtection;

Not sure if you can disable it entirely, but you can give non-pilot crew G-force protection via fnc_setCrewProtection.

EH, im lame, i dont know waht to do this....i placed it to init of unit and it wrote to me that i cannot use that _ so i deleted it and it didnt work....what do i must rewrite or where must i place it?

Edited by Klubargutan

EH, im lame, i dont know waht to do this....i placed it to init of unit and it wrote to me that i cannot use that _ so i deleted it and it didnt work....what do i must rewrite or where must i place it?

I think you need to name your soldier in the 'name' box

Forexample

soldiername = soldier1

_ar = [_soldier1, true] call ace_fnc_setCrewProtection;

I might be wrong though, ive never really got the editing side of arma

I think you need to name your soldier in the 'name' box

Forexample

soldiername = soldier1

_ar = [_soldier1, true] call ace_fnc_setCrewProtection;

I might be wrong though, ive never really got the editing side of arma

yep, did this....but it said me that _ mustnt be there

In that example there the _someSoldier is a local variable. The example assumed you had something similar to:

_someSoldier = player;

somewhere else above that example. Without the _ in front of the variable name it assumes that it's an object called someSoldier, so if you don't have that it'll error out saying no object or something.

So you could do something like:

_ar = [player, true] call ace_fnc_setCrewProtection;

in your init.sqf to add crew protection to all players when they log in for example.

Hey guys i'm new to ACE,

is there like a manual out with the features and keys/shortcuts that ACE uses?

thanks

Just wondering,

but when I use a grenade launcher:

I can open some kind of menu with shift + numpad 0, but how do I set the range? Sometimes it shows up a red distance, does that mean my grenade will explode exacly on that distance? Is that the only way to range the weapon or am I doing something wrong cuz page up/down does't do anything.

And same for the AT weapons. I press page up/down, but it doesn't do anything. Only for SOME assault rifles it changes the range, but not for all assault rifles.

Edited by dunnobe

1. It's just general distance between you and the place Your grenade is supposed to land at when on flat terrain.

2. By default AT weapons use arrows for range settings. Dunno why, you can change the key assignment in ACE settings menu.

Has anyone thought of giving sabots the incendiary round impact FX? They do flare up as they penetrate materials, right?

I'll make a ticket unless someone sets me straight.

Yes they should produce some fire and smoke (although not as much as HEAT)

Now SABOT hits look like you are hitting an enemy tank with a .50 cal

I've also noticed that ACE cuts on smoke effect from tank fire as well. In vanilla it's closer to reality, here it just kicks up a little bit of dust

Is there any way to disable T72 "catastrophic destruction"? I tried to disable ace vehicle system, but no any effect.

1. It's just general distance between you and the place Your grenade is supposed to land at when on flat terrain.

2. By default AT weapons use arrows for range settings. Dunno why, you can change the key assignment in ACE settings menu.

Tnx, now I notice Up & Down in the settings were indeed the arrow keys and not Page Up / Down.

Not supported no, but you can change anything you like by overriding configs/scripts; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Modification

This is not so good decision. Because not acceptable for MP. "Another additional addon only for this map" can cause problem for players. Exit from game, download and add else one addon, which will remove your ability join in another games with ACE... So then exit from game again, remove addon and run game again :) This is not good, I think you will be agree. So maybe add simple variable and check-condition, like:

fnc_t72_catastrophicdestruction.sqf

if (!(ace_disable_t72_catastrophicdestruction)) then 
{
 here is main script code.
};

Main cause why I suggest this option: this script removes initial vehicle. And if this vehicle have some variables, which needed for mission, then it can cause serious problems and troubles for mission maker. Additional config is not a solution for MP, as I say before. So, that why I suggest add this method for deal with this kind of situations.

Feel free to create a feature request ticket.

Feel free to create a feature request ticket.

Ok. Ticket created. But I still think that is too easy feature for adding new ticket :)

Ok. Ticket created. But I still think that is too easy feature for adding new ticket :)

Thanks. Everything goes through tickets no matter how small or large it is.