Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

What kind of weapon and ammo ? Were you testing with same combo before ?

If it's Kronzky's portable range I can test and compare. I actually find out when playing without ACE wounds (rarely) that it takes a lot less bullets to kill in general.

I use the Mk. 12 with normal 5.56 rounds. The muzzle velocity is only slightly greater than the M16A4, and the scope allows for good shot placement in the torso.

I used that Desert firing range with bullet cam, slow mo, respawning targets and other features.

Both calibers perform quite nicely at 400m with Wounding enabled. I just wish comparable effects could be observed without it. At least 2-round kills instead of 3-5.

Recently i played a few minutes without ACE... wow that was horrible :butbut:

After years of ACE i haven't realized how much small things you guys have changed to make the game so much better. Different scopes, effects, HUD stuff. Just a ton of small stuff, besides the big changes and additions. :D

It was horrible without ACE. HA!

So i just have to drop by another thank you for this mod! :bounce3:

just to confirm that my issue was unrelated to ace. some issue with windows update. running fine now and im loving this mod! awesome work.

I've been having some problems with ACE lately...Haven't done any major repro testing but let me know if that's necessary:

1) Sometimes switching weapons will cause an incorrect weapon to be shown, but the correct weapon to be fired. (For example: Try to switch from pistol to M4. Pistol comes back up, but you can fire full-auto like the M4 and it has the M4 sound. Basically, the wrong weapon model/stance is shown)

2) A lot of times I will get "Heal <player class>" in the MMB menu, but clicking it will do nothing, even if the player in question is wounded.

3) This is more of a question, but what exactly does Morphine do? I've used it on my character but there is no noticeable effect. Could be a bug?

4) I thought that using the MagicBox put all weapons/items in the same box. I've noticed that a lot of weapons are missing, such as the German ones and several others. Am I mistaken in thinking that is the purpose of the MagicBox?

Edited by MavericK96

1) Sometimes switching weapons will cause an incorrect weapon to be shown, but the correct weapon to be fired. (For example: Try to switch from pistol to M4. Pistol comes back up, but you can fire full-auto like the M4 and it has the M4 sound. Basically, the wrong weapon model/stance is shown)

Got this in Vanilla too, so not an ACE problem.

4) I thought that using the MagicBox put all weapons/items in the same box. I've noticed that a lot of weapons are missing, such as the German ones and several others. Am I mistaken in thinking that is the purpose of the MagicBox?

It is limited by side and class. Look at ACE WAGN for the line to disable this limitation.

Oh okay, thanks. Another thing:

5) Maybe I'm not doing it right, but when I use the Map Tools and place the ruler, it's HUGE! And I can't figure out how to resize it. Like the circular heading part is larger than the entire map of Utes.

EDIT: Sorry, where do I find/change those lines? I'm not really proficient at ArmA2 scripting.

Edited by MavericK96

The fact is that most people don't play with ACE wounds. I don't de-pbo every mission I download and manually add it.

Put in a config.cpp in a folder and create a pbo from it:

class CfgPatches {
  class IND_ACE_ENABLE_WOUNDS { units[] = {}; weapons[] = {}; worlds[] = {}; requiredVersion = 1.0; requiredAddons[] = {"ace_sys_wounds"} };
};

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers {
   class IND_ACE_ENABLE_WOUNDS {
       serverInit = "ace_sys_wounds_enabled = true;publicVariable 'ace_sys_wounds_enabled'";
   };
};

Add this to the init line of the MagicBox: ace_sys_weapons_test = true;

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Weapons_System

Thanks. :D I actually figured it out a little while afterwards. Man, it takes forever to initialize with that many weapons! Heh.

I tried using the other setting "disable unit-class filtering" as well, but that didn't seem to have much, if any effect.

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

With the M47 Dragon, the smoke coming from the rear of the missile is really quite minimal and, while making it easier to guide, sort of makes it look like the missile is sort of just floating magically. Is this by design or a bug?

On a semi-related note, using Blastcore makes the missile have no smoke whatsoever, making it look even more strange. But that's not an ACE issue, per se.

With the M47 Dragon, the smoke coming from the rear of the missile is really quite minimal and, while making it easier to guide, sort of makes it look like the missile is sort of just floating magically. Is this by design or a bug?

By design. The M47 isn´t really propelled by a rocket, but by several mini explosions in those little holes.

Cant seem to find an answer to this so ill apologise if it has been answered before. But how do I disable the blackout effects for pilots in planes, to me it is just a bit annoying thats all and I would prefer to play without. Again I apologise if it has already been answered.

Sorry for asking again but is there any way to fix that missing interaction with IED's and bombs????

Create a ticket with your rpt file and details.

what? i'm sorry, i'm new here and i don't know english in 100%. what is a ticket with rpt file and details?

what? i'm sorry, i'm new here and i don't know english in 100%. what is a ticket with rpt file and details?

He means using the CIT (Community Issue Tracker) for ACE, located here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

"rpt file" means the .RPT file that is generated when you run ArmA2, which is typically located in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\ folder if you're using Vista/7.

damn! that's a lot of hard work.

i saw this bug in devheaven bug reports but i can't find it again

should I start using six updater?

Edited by Gerwazy

i have no voice, no radio chatter option enabled and yet i still hear radio chatter

any ideas on why this is happening?

I have a simple problem. I have a script that looks like this.

_RESPAWNER ADDACTION ["HUMVEE RESPAWN","Humvee1.SQF"];

But after I go to the flag pole to respawn it, my ACE menu cancels out and I cant get back into it to heal for ACE wounding and that stuff. Any help?

Edited by Cards525

Hi,

is there a way to laser designate for russian planes as infantry.

The invisible laser target locks fine with a SU25 KH29L but a target painted with the SOFLAM doesn't.

Is this a laser code related problem or is there right now no way to lase for russian inf?

Thx in advance,

Crusader

Hi,

Problem: solved

Btw. great mod! I love ace, can't fight without it! ;-)

Edited by Tasel