Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

I couldn't find the correct thread for the ACE2 ARMA 2 so I will post my issue here and let you tell me If I have missed it.

While playing with @ACE;@ACEX;@ACESM I have constant freezing of around 5 seconds every 10 seconds or so. I have tried some start-up parameters such as exthread and cpucount but it's still the same.

Here is my config:

Time of this report: 7/31/2011, 19:39:41

Machine name: JOSH-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110408-1633)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: GA-880GM-UD2H

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM

Page File: 2180MB used, 6005MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GT 430

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DE1&SUBSYS_35051458&REV_A1

Display Memory: 2784 MB

Dedicated Memory: 993 MB

Shared Memory: 1790 MB

Current Mode: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: SAMSUNG

Monitor Id: SAM04FC

Native Mode: 1360 x 768(p) (60.015Hz)

Output Type: HD15

Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.5936 (English)

Driver Version: 8.17.12.5936

DDI Version: 10.1

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 8/9/2010 06:05:00, 12479592 bytes

Has anyone else encountered this issue. Also when I disable the mods ARMA2 runs fine.

Thanks.

Sir, I have to tell You that Your CPU and GPU certainly don't help You playing modded Arma. I have similar PC to Yours, but at least my GPU is a bit more senseful.

Also, are You running @CBA?

imagem.jpg

have any way to disable this effect fire the gun? I have this problem with the ACE weapons

Sir, I have to tell You that Your CPU and GPU certainly don't help You playing modded Arma. I have similar PC to Yours, but at least my GPU is a bit more senseful.

Also, are You running @CBA?

Yeah it's not too great to play with but still for now ;)

Yeah I'm running @CBA;@CBA_A2 also sorry!

Do You have enabled staying brass Mono? It might cause such effect on low end CPUs IIRC

have any way to disable this effect fire the gun? I have this problem with the ACE weapons

Hmmm. Have You checked Your display drivers? This doesn't seem to be usual issue.

Edited by zGuba

I have the staying brass turned off - I have no idea what would be causing it. I have tried then turning off the mods and then running arma2 and everything is ok. shame as the features of this mod are amazing!

Q2: Animated reticles, when turned on some acogs on m4 have no marks at all, when zoomed in.

Is it a bug, or work in progress ?

I have the exact same issue, as I pointed out in my previous post. I didn't realize this may be related to the animated reticles though. This is running only ACE & CBA.

I have a problem which started maybe a couple months ago, apparently caused by an update, because it worked fine before. I've found that certain weapons are missing their optics reticles. For instance, the M249 with M145 scope, as well as the M16A4 RCO. The versions in vanilla Arma 2 OA/CO do not suffer from this, so I can only conclude it's something specific to the ACE 2 mod.

Below I've attached some screenshots.

81BDD5A0490177F2E0E14F1188252EE9E445BF7D

23D6F14EAD009968DBFF40DB92A94F35A5BC08CF

BBAA96F7C6B899A1F4AE10B2AEB65DF39A6D1037

EC8B68653E059C0ECE78A5AE2CC6BBE3EE97D07E

I have tried to completely delete and reinstall all of the ACE 2 folders and it didn't get fix the problem. I'm unsure whether I should try to completely reinstall all of Arma 2. And as I've said, it's a problem that's persisted through the last few updates. Until now I just typically avoided using these weapon variants.

Well, I just guess AMD Athlon X2 is a bottleneck for complex stuff made with scripting engine in A2 (like most of ACE). That was the reason why I bought i7 powered laptop so I can at least test stuff without having to wait MINUTES (!) for each event in MP and SP missions or campaigns, especially these utilizing Warfare modules.

Well, I just guess AMD Athlon X2 is a bottleneck for complex stuff made with scripting engine in A2 (like most of ACE). That was the reason why I bought i7 powered laptop so I can at least test stuff without having to wait MINUTES (!) for each event in MP and SP missions or campaigns, especially these utilizing Warfare modules.

would it have such a large impact no the performance using this mod? in vanilla arma and bennys mod etc performance is fine. also just to say that this is on a domination map that I have being testing on. thanks.

Yes, believe me - in Harvest Red I have often had to wait 2 minutes just to see that the shot I took was fatal ;) it was on Athlon X2 2.0GHz that I have replaced with faster one.

Athlon 3.0 GHz behaves much better in A2, but still I expect it to choke when missions like Evolution or VTS kick in. That's reason why I keep playing on laptop despite worse visual quality.

Yes, believe me - in Harvest Red I have often had to wait 2 minutes just to see that the shot I took was fatal ;) it was on Athlon X2 2.0GHz that I have replaced with faster one.

Athlon 3.0 GHz behaves much better in A2, but still I expect it to choke when missions like Evolution or VTS kick in. That's reason why I keep playing on laptop despite worse visual quality.

thanks for the reply. ill try to see if there is a fix for my issue as the normal version of the domination that im testing works fine with no freezing issues and so do all other of the large gamemodes that I play. if I findanything ill be sure to post the fix/workaround here. thanks again.

Do You have enabled staying brass Mono? It might cause such effect on low end CPUs IIRC

Hmmm. Have You checked Your display drivers? This doesn't seem to be usual issue.

Ah, ok. I'll look at this

After taking the mods off It still froze for 5secs every 10-15 seconds. I looked at steam and it said 2 files were missing and tried to correct itself. Obv I reinstalled as Steam is very lax about actually getting the right files — I had the same problem with GTAIV when it come out that things were missing in the game etc and it let my play it.

Looks like a Steam problem at the moment.

I have the exact same issue, as I pointed out in my previous post. I didn't realize this may be related to the animated reticles though. This is running only ACE & CBA.

Please create a ticket with details; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Yeah it's not too great to play with but still for now ;)

Yeah I'm running @CBA;@CBA_A2 also sorry!

CBA_A2 is only for A2 Standalone. The current version of ACE is for OA.

Instead of a reinstall with Steam try verifying files it may be quicker, I had two corrupted files with LFD2 last week and friends have had similar probs with Shift2 all fixed by verify files.

Please create a ticket with details; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

CBA_A2 is only for A2 Standalone. The current version of ACE is for OA.

Yeah sorry I can't seem to find the thread for A2 Standalone — thought here would be the best place to try.

Also thanks custard~SPARTA~ but I tried that and it didn't fix the issue. It just tells me that the issue is there every time I verify!? :/

Shame but the my internet connection is being OK today so won't have to wait that long! :)

ACE team, what's the story with the damage of 5.56 and 5.45 rounds?

A few updates ago, we had 5.56 hitting well out to 500m, and getting first-round kills at 300m. I was waiting for the 5.45 to receive the same attention, but instead the changes were rolled back.

Also, just found a strange bug where you can destroy your own vehicle with AP autocannon rounds. I either have rounds bouncing straight back at me or the armor system is reading some small splash damage as full-on hits.

Edit: Just made a ticket about that.

What is the best best way to install ACE 2? I am just looking for more realistic gameplay in Arma 2 and I cannot seem to find any clear install directions for this mod.

Thanks!

Chris

What is the best best way to install ACE 2? I am just looking for more realistic gameplay in Arma 2 and I cannot seem to find any clear install directions for this mod.

Thanks!

Chris

By far the easiest way is to download SixUpdater and then select the ACE mod in the list of mods - it will then do all the work for you (getting the right dependencies and installing the userconfig files).

ACE team, what's the story with the damage of 5.56 and 5.45 rounds?

A few updates ago, we had 5.56 hitting well out to 500m, and getting first-round kills at 300m. I was waiting for the 5.45 to receive the same attention, but instead the changes were rolled back.

The changes weren't rolled back. There's added small variation on calculated damage, to simulate fact that most rounds don't hit body armor (if applicable) at perfect 90° angle. Sometimes you can kill guy with just one hit, and sometimes your victim may survive a couple of hits - given he's that much lucky.

Of course that feature might still not be balanced perfectly, though the average damage should be even higher than it used to be before: about 104% of previous constant value, not less than 66% and not more than 133% IIRC - with more likely higher damage values.

PS. Please take note of units equipped with body armor - they will be much more capable of surviving such weaker hits.

Edited by zGuba

The changes weren't rolled back. There's added small variation on calculated damage, to simulate fact that most rounds don't hit body armor (if applicable) at perfect 90° angle. Sometimes you can kill guy with just one hit, and sometimes your victim may survive a couple of hits - given he's that much lucky.

Of course that feature might still not be balanced perfectly, though the average damage should be even higher than it used to be before: about 104% of previous constant value, not less than 66% and not more than 133% IIRC - with more likely higher damage values.

I loaded up a scripted firing range that reports damage and was getting almost no variation at all.

.27, .27, .27

This was without wounding enabled, but it is nothing at all like that older ACE build, and 5.56 still hits poorly at 300m.

Of course, I performed this test back in 1.10. Were things different then?

I loaded up a scripted firing range that reports damage and was getting almost no variation at all.

.27, .27, .27

This was without wounding enabled, but it is nothing at all like that older ACE build, and 5.56 still hits poorly at 300m.

Ah, then You're talking about vanilla damage system. I was talking about ACE wounds.

Ah, then You're talking about vanilla damage system. I was talking about ACE wounds.

The fact is that most people don't play with ACE wounds. I don't de-pbo every mission I download and manually add it.

When changes were first applied in response to the ticket below, 5.56 rounds simply did more damage at range, and the effects were varied in Wounding was enabled. It functioned if Wounds was not enabled, however. This is why I asked if changes had been rolled back.

I see little difference between the vanilla game and ACE without Wounds enabled. ACE without Wounds makes significant changes in bullet lethality in other areas, however. Two Makarov SD rounds to the chest is fatal now.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17316

Edit: And a question. Does ACE change the explosion of the Warrior's 40mm HEAT round? Because in my game this shell has two explosions. One is a reasonable burst that resembled 30mm cannons, and one is that ridiculous cloud of enormous smoke. Both appear at the same time and neither gives off an explosion sound. Bizarre weapon.

Edited by maturin

.27, .27, .27

What kind of weapon and ammo ? Were you testing with same combo before ?

If it's Kronzky's portable range I can test and compare. I actually find out when playing without ACE wounds (rarely) that it takes a lot less bullets to kill in general.