Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

In the editor I noticed that my ai teammate responds to me in another language. How can I make him speak english?

UPDATE: I played the editor again and placed 5 ai teammates and now they speak english. So is this language thing random?

Edited by Lorca

this has nothing to do with ACE. IF you play on a different side than US (blufor), the AIs will speak their native language (russian, czech ect).

3D rets, is it assumed a known issue that when switching to iron site & then using right mouse to zoom, you get the ret overlay appear, so you have iron site & ret ontop?

Tried this with M4 aimdot, known or CIT?

Is Zeus AI compatible with ACE? Does it make sense to combine the two?

Is Zeus AI compatible with ACE? Does it make sense to combine the two?

I would not think it's incompatible since Zeus has a special version made to work with ACE but,

being responsible for a number of recent AI fixes/enhancements in ACE, I do not recommend using Zeus AI with ACE, because it's outdated and it would override them, unless you strip it to minimum functionality that is not provided by ACE (can't say exactly which pbos).

Edited by Robalo_AS

3D rets, is it assumed a known issue that when switching to iron site & then using right mouse to zoom, you get the ret overlay appear, so you have iron site & ret ontop?

Tried this with M4 aimdot, known or CIT?

CIT = A2 Community Issue Tracker.

But yes, please create a ticket :)

I would not think it's incompatible since Zeus has a special version made to work with ACE but,

being responsible for a number of recent AI fixes/enhancements in ACE, I do not recommend using Zeus AI with ACE, because it's outdated and it would override them, unless you strip it to minimum functionality that is not provided by ACE (can't say exactly which pbos).

One could not expect a better answer - where's reputation system on bistudio forums? ;)

Is there a way to detect and report teamkills with ACE Wounds? It can be a bit of a headache for server admins.

Is there a way to detect and report teamkills with ACE Wounds? It can be a bit of a headache for server admins.
The same way you would use normally?

Well, the info in the ACE website says that Zeus AI Combat Skills is compatible. So i guess the info outdated?

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

this has nothing to do with ACE. IF you play on a different side than US (blufor), the AIs will speak their native language (russian, czech ect).

I"m talking about my ai teammate on my side(blufor). He's talking a different language.

Edited by Lorca

The same way you would use normally?

Uh, no. I would normally look at the chat log which is full of helpful messages like "PlayerA was killed by PlayerB (Friendly Fire). There are no such messages with ACE Wounds, at least not with ace_wounds_prevtime enabled. Or is there some other "normal" way I'm unaware of? I've tried checking player ratings to broadcast when it goes down but that only gets adjusted when the victim respawns.

Uh, no. I would normally look at the chat log which is full of helpful messages like "PlayerA was killed by PlayerB (Friendly Fire). There are no such messages with ACE Wounds, at least not with ace_wounds_prevtime enabled. Or is there some other "normal" way I'm unaware of? I've tried checking player ratings to broadcast when it goes down but that only gets adjusted when the victim respawns.
In the case of revive enabled or when bleeding to death, there's indeed no way to determine who caused it, at least not by the engine.

Wounds could keep a record of people who have hit the unit, or for instance just the last person who hit it.

But I think you're better off using something like the hit EH combined with killed eh - If the unit gets killed by impact damage, the killer info will be useful in the killed eh.

If the unit gets killed by bleeding or goes in unconsciouss state of the revive mode, the info provided by the Hit EH should be useful.

You can take a look at the revive script that i had done some time ago( and i need to release a addon version that i have almost done but never have time to end... xD). It does exactly what Sickboy says, just stores the last one how hit you, and generates teamkill messages, it's just 3 or 4 lines of sqf to do that. Also be aware that the death/wounded one it's set on captive mode so using side funcion would return wrong side ^^.

Nevermind, sorted it.

Edited by azz_er
Problem solved

Is ACE wind tied to BIS visual wind right now and if it isn't - will it be doable through the setWind function (which iirc has direction and force which should be enough) so I can create a ticket requesting it? I think using setWind it will be possible to synchronize wind in MP too

Will be more of a visual help to snipers than just a coloured arrow I think

Apparently, SU doesn't update the latest Zeus_ AI_ACE.

Edited by Lorca

Apparently, SU doesn't update the latest Zeus Ai Combat Skills_ACE.
Where to download it?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8688&highlight=ZEUS shows v0.04e as latest, which is also available on SU.

Mod add / update requests please including link @ http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html#disqus_thread

Edited by Sickboy

Sickboy, I need to contact you. Is there anyway I can? Please message me back. Thanks.

After looking inside some .pbo, .bin and .hpp files from vanilla mods,

I determined that it would be much better, if they were all made by one crew, ... for various reasons.

I'm going ACE then :)

Yesterday, I went through all 96 ACE features and... they're awesome :yay:

Q1: Is there a switch for a aceclippy.exe, to minimize/send it to tray, at start ?

I'm using a launcher, and was just wondering, no biggie :)

Q2: Animated reticles, when turned on some acogs on m4 have no marks at all, when zoomed in.

Is it a bug, or work in progress ?

After looking inside some .pbo, .bin and .hpp files from vanilla mods,

I determined that it would be much better, if they were all made by one crew, ... for various reasons.

I'm going ACE then :)

Yesterday, I went through all 96 ACE features and... they're awesome :yay:

Q1: Is there a switch for a aceclippy.exe, to minimize/send it to tray, at start ?

I'm using a launcher, and was just wondering, no biggie :)

Q2: Animated reticles, when turned on some acogs on m4 have no marks at all, when zoomed in.

Is it a bug, or work in progress ?

Q1. There should be such option in Clippi, eventually launching parameter.

Startup Parameters

-sendtotray - Start minimized

-profilename=Name - Set the player profile (for userconfig)

Q2. We possibly need more details. Please provide us classnames, if they're 3rd party addons or such, eventually - what system You are trying to run them on...

And please use the ACE project for issue tracking on Dev-Heaven.net

Edited by zGuba