Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

The grass isn't as bad as it used to before patch 1.59 unless you deliberately disabled AA and the new vegetation rendering (even number for AToC = old grass rendering).

To be honest since some patch I have noticed on some islands insane FPS drops when zooming in with grass on. This was not a problem at all in the past (aka before OA was released), and today I use HD6870 compared to the HD4890 I used back then... This really seems like a messup on BIS's end (considering the islands in question include Chernarus).

To be honest since some patch I have noticed on some islands insane FPS drops when zooming in with grass on. This was not a problem at all in the past (aka before OA was released), and today I use HD6870 compared to the HD4890 I used back then... This really seems like a messup on BIS's end (considering the islands in question include Chernarus).

I get huge FPS drop with default ATOC value which is 7 I think but can't play without (the new) grass so I have ATOC=1 in my cfg as a quality/performance compromise (GTX275).

hi, i love ace mods and i tried to use fast roping, but it dont work!

i have my squad, rope box and uh60 black hawk in editor, to initialization of uh 60 i wrote

ACE_canFastrope = 1;

in game i take any rope then i go as pilot to that chopper, order everyone of team(8ppl) to board, then i fly 10-20 meters, use action menu of chopper, but that option develop sling rope(or how is it in english, cos i use czech version) is blackened and i cant use it, once i atached sling rope(only this can be attached) to heli from back, then i went to pilot and still i couldnt develop it, how can i do it? please help me,thx

btw thx to FOXHOUND for help me finding this thread -__-

Edited by Klubargutan

Are you trying it in SP? I was under the impression that it didn't work for SP. I could be wrong though and I hope I am. I'd love to be able to have an SP fastrope. The norrin script doesn't work too well with OA stuff.

Are you trying it in SP? I was under the impression that it didn't work for SP. I could be wrong though and I hope I am. I'd love to be able to have an SP fastrope. The norrin script doesn't work too well with OA stuff.

first i tried it with friend, who was piloting and i was just only one passenger, we tried just sling rope, but it didnt work, so i thought that i should try it in sp and still it didnt work....so thats why i post it

Edited by Klubargutan

It is normal to throw the grenade the player to move back? :confused:

It is normal to throw the grenade the player to move back? :confused:

move back? he justs lists back...

Hi

I´ve noticed this M249 PIP RCO in the magic box, and wondered what this is. Is it a prototype using the TOH render to texture feature? Running ACE with TOH preview doesn´t seem to make it work.

Is there a trick to using this, or is it not what it seems to be?

Cheerio

insta

Hi

I´ve noticed this M249 PIP RCO in the magic box, and wondered what this is. Is it a prototype using the TOH render to texture feature? Running ACE with TOH preview doesn´t seem to make it work.

Is there a trick to using this, or is it not what it seems to be?

Cheerio

insta

We wish, but it's just a PIP-ed M249 :)

(PIP = product improvement program)

2. Every time I fired MAWS I got injured. Third time - dead. Can I prevent it?

Here are some shots to go with it

ace_bug_blast.jpg

Each time I fired from inside the firing position I got injured. Outside of it, fire! - no injures. IMO it's a bug. I don't see a way any object near me would suddenly make the blast harmful to me. Should I fill a ticket?

Well there are Sandbags behind you! If you aim the launcher upwards (like you have to in this situation) the backblast hits them with full force and deflects back

Well there are Sandbags behind you! If you aim the launcher upwards (like you have to in this situation) the backblast hits them with full force and deflects back

One doesn't have to have fluid dynamics knowledge (like I do) to know that the current behavior is not right. Even if we would take a case with completely close circle of sandbags under consideration.

ace_bug_blast_fig1.png

Also air mass does not "bounce back". Even high-speed air mass

wje.gif

I'd forgot. My aiming position was horizontal. I don't feel like playing that mission again (can it be modified to let me fire anything straight away?) but I'd bet my balls on that I'd still get injured even if I aimed slightly down or even 30 deg down. That's because I doubt ArmA 2 does any fancy calculations in regards to backblast aspect. The way it is now would indicate that ArmA "simulates" any large object in backblast area as a x m high wall.

Edited by Bucic

well anyone can hellp with this? hi, i love ace mods and i tried to use fast roping, but it dont work!

i have my squad, rope box and uh60 black hawk in editor, to initialization of uh 60 i wrote

ACE_canFastrope = 1;

in game i take any rope then i go as pilot to that chopper, order everyone of team(8ppl) to board, then i fly 10-20 meters, use action menu of chopper, but that option develop sling rope(or how is it in english, cos i use czech version) is blackened and i cant use it, once i atached sling rope(only this can be attached) to heli from back, then i went to pilot and still i couldnt develop it, how can i do it? please help me,thx

I'd forgot. My aiming position was horizontal. I don't feel like playing that mission again (can it be modified to let me fire anything straight away?) but I'd bet my balls on that I'd still get injured even if I aimed slightly down or even 30 deg down. That's because I doubt ArmA 2 does any fancy calculations in regards to backblast aspect. The way it is now would indicate that ArmA "simulates" any large object in backblast area as a x m high wall.

Nevermind the mission. Let's find some data on safe backblast parameters and measure out our own testing area. That's how to get things done.

well anyone can hellp with this? hi, i love ace mods and i tried to use fast roping, but it dont work!

ACE_canFastrope = 1;

Yes please, there is something wrong with the fast roping, is it broken?

Hello again

Sorry to complain, but it seems to me that the dispersion for the AI, in particular machinegunners, is very excessive. The massive lack of precision in the AI means that I as the player always have a massive advantage. I can run out in the open, stand there and kill off the AI without any danger to myself. When I have AI under my command this always renders my machinegunners pretty much useless, and even the regular AI is imprecise enough to force me as the player to do the bulk of the work.

Is there any way to set the dispersion of the AI (also in vehicles) to the BI default, or is this something that is hard-coded into the mod and cannot be changed?

Love the work you do.

Cheerio

Insta

Edited by InstaGoat

InstaGoat, which version are you running ? AI accuracy issue has been addressed in version 1.11 Update 1 (latest build released a couple days ago).

One doesn't have to have fluid dynamics knowledge (like I do) to know that the current behavior is not right. Even if we would take a case with completely close circle of sandbags under consideration.

ace_bug_blast_fig1.png

Also air mass does not "bounce back". Even high-speed air mass

wje.gif

Of course you are right, this doesn´t happen IRL...but well.... this is Arma :rolleyes:

Perhaps we can detect it more accurately, perhaps some magic rocko math :) Put it in a ticket if you would like it to be evaluated.

I have a problem which started maybe a couple months ago, apparently caused by an update, because it worked fine before. I've found that certain weapons are missing their optics reticles. For instance, the M249 with M145 scope, as well as the M16A4 RCO. The versions in vanilla Arma 2 OA/CO do not suffer from this, so I can only conclude it's something specific to the ACE 2 mod.

Below I've attached some screenshots.

81BDD5A0490177F2E0E14F1188252EE9E445BF7D

23D6F14EAD009968DBFF40DB92A94F35A5BC08CF

BBAA96F7C6B899A1F4AE10B2AEB65DF39A6D1037

EC8B68653E059C0ECE78A5AE2CC6BBE3EE97D07E

I have tried to completely delete and reinstall all of the ACE 2 folders and it didn't get fix the problem. I'm unsure whether I should try to completely reinstall all of Arma 2. And as I've said, it's a problem that's persisted through the last few updates. Until now I just typically avoided using these weapon variants.

Perhaps we can detect it more accurately, perhaps some magic rocko math :) Put it in a ticket if you would like it to be evaluated.

I just wanted to show it off here first. I have not even a rough idea about ArmA's limitations. I'll create a ticket for it sometime later.

Hi, are there some known issues with the SLAM mines in the current release?

Was using them today and they seemed completely incapable of any sort of armour penetration. Firstly a BTR70 drove over one aiming upwards and continued on without suffering any apparent damage to the vehicle or the occupants, despite the mine going off right under the center of the vehicle.

I then experimented myself with me driving a BMP2 past roadside planted SLAMS, and didn't suffer any damage to the vehicle or myself after triggering 2 that hit me in the side, and 1 directly in the front.

It did knock out the engine on an SUV I drove headon into one, but again no damage to myself.

Are they supposed to be that weak or is there something wrong with them?

Hi, are there some known issues with the SLAM mines in the current release?

Was using them today and they seemed completely incapable of any sort of armour penetration. Firstly a BTR70 drove over one aiming upwards and continued on without suffering any apparent damage to the vehicle or the occupants, despite the mine going off right under the center of the vehicle.

I then experimented myself with me driving a BMP2 past roadside planted SLAMS, and didn't suffer any damage to the vehicle or myself after triggering 2 that hit me in the side, and 1 directly in the front.

It did knock out the engine on an SUV I drove headon into one, but again no damage to myself.

Are they supposed to be that weak or is there something wrong with them?

The SLAMs appear to have issues. There are devheaven tickets where they do 100% damage to all components of a tank yet everything still works.

Good to know, I read there were some changes to their AT performance in the latest patch. I guess something went wrong there then.

Is it possible to have multiple directions of detonation

cord..

IE if i set a Claymore, aim and then set it to wire detonation.

Can i first pull the wire in on direction and the in another?

As a continued wire...