Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

@zGuba

thats really cool !! you think its ready in next update ?

Edited by Foxhound
Do not quote videos!! Remove the video tags when quoting a post containing a video.

Is there a forum about ACE mod , where i can actually get answers to my questions please ?

I mean i post politely 3 valid questions , no one never answers in this forum , let alone this thread , can someone please point me to a forum where ACE mod and features are debated ??

Edited by Ians

Is there a forum about ACE mod , where i can actually get answers to my questions please ?

I mean i post politely 3 valid questions , no one never answers in this forum , let alone this thread , can someone point me to a forum where ACE mod and features are debated ??

First post has the links. For example:

Bug reports/feedback/suggestions on our issue tracker please:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Which 3 questions ? For this one:

Hi , i wanted to know if it will be possible to connect the DAGR to the GLTII SOFLAM laser designator in future versions of ACE mod ? thx for answer

See: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22358

pretty moving scopey thing

I'm confused, why is the reticule moving like that and why did you switch from centerline to left 10?

That looks cool.

Yeah I had a soft spot for it :D

I was kinda hoping to see future varients of it (SA58 OSW with CCO and RCO varients, or like how the HK417 got the holo 4x (eotec/aimpoint with magnifier) treatment).

Yeah I had a soft spot for it :D

I was kinda hoping to see future varients of it (SA58 OSW with CCO and RCO varients, or like how the HK417 got the holo 4x (eotec/aimpoint with magnifier) treatment).

Modernized FALs and Cetmes are seexaayyy.

I'm confused, why is the reticule moving like that and why did you switch from centerline to left 10?

I think that's how PSO scopes actually adjust for windage and distance. Makes more sense than trying to shift the entire scope in accurate increments.

Will there be any updates to ACE for vanilla ArmA 2? Is that ACE far behind the ACE for OA 1.11?

Will there be any updates to ACE for vanilla ArmA 2? Is that ACE far behind the ACE for OA 1.11?

There wont be any updates for Arma 2 ACE2 as its final, and yes it is that far behind :cool:

;1985172']There wont be any updates for Arma 2 ACE2 as its final' date=' and yes it is that far behind :cool:[/quote']

That's bad news. I wish I knew about this before I bought vanilla instead of CO :/

Sure, if the problem is my pocket to heavy by 15 euros ;)

http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=sprocket.tpl&product_id=32&category_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

Will I at least get some extra features while playing sp missions on Chernarus, like material penetration for example, or has new features been added in recent ArmA 2 patches anyway? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=122520

Edited by Bucic

Bucic, warto ;)

there are many engine improvements in OA - and we make good use of them in ACE.

One of the main culprits in ArmA 1 and ArmA 2 is that once you go prone on grass AI has a huge advantage. Were there any attempts to address the issue in ACE? I guess it's directly related to foliage view obstruction boxes too. I'm asking because I haven't noticed any improvements in that field while playing ACE recently.

Update link request for Yoma to update ACE 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, If anyone has a link to a server to update ACE2 (ACE2 OA is the new thing?) through Yoma tools could you please provide the link here as I and a few other people I play with have nothing but trouble with six updater but Yoma always works fine I wish people used it or referenced it more when it comes to ACE 2 updates. Up until lately Kellys Heroes always had this but not so much lately and especially with what seems like daily ACE updates.

So in brief a link to get latest ace2 updates through Yoma please, you know the ***********7z link or whatever.

Thanks!

Sickboy responded from another closed post:

YAS is afaik currently not actively developed or supported.

Some communities have/are switching to SU, and it has been succesfully deployed in over 10 registered communities with 100's of users total.

If you would be so kind to provide some info on what the problems are that people are experiencing (Crashes, download problems etc?);

www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

I would be happy to solve them asap.

(A ticket would be preferred, but I'll gladly receive them in here or in the Disqus box available at the support site as well)

Sickboy, thank you for your quick response, basically the issues seem to be related to (my friend and I) steam install and that whole mess with combined ops. I have seen the combined ops fix for steam users but its just a nightmare and frankly everything is working perfect right now and I don't want to mess with either reinstalling or everything thats involved with fixing what with the registry issues and I have talked to many steam users who like me pretty much just stick to vanilla arma because we bought all the arma 2 games and updates incrementally through steam and its just a big fubar mess.

I guess the answer is there is no longer a way to do it through Yoma because nobody hosts it that way?

Thanks!!!

SU and Steam CO is effortless. Install SU. Start ArmA2, close it. Start OA, close it. SU now knows what it needs to work. Might want to run it as Administrator though since installing games to Program Files is always a bad idea. :)

Thanks Kylania, I will give that a try however not sure I know what you mean by run as admin?

When I installed XP I don't remember choosing to start up pc as admin, is that default?

Also isn't everyones arma 2 steam install in program files/steam/common/etc.??

Thanks