Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

Hi, could someone kindly tell me the key bindings for placing sachels?

Seems it is no longer the 'vanilla' style.

Thanks

the BAF automatic-gunner and machinegunner are missing their ear-plugs ?!

can anyone reproduce that?

Hi All.

Great mod. Getting better all the time. Thanks.

Where can i get some missions for ace. In particular looking for one where I can train with all the weapons offline.

Cheers.

There are several SP and MP missions included, just launch Multiplayer -> Host, or Singleplayer -> Scenarios.

To test all weapons, load SP Scenario: ACE Demo 1, after start, the box should be filled with all weapons after a short while.

Hi Guys,

I have a controlling issue with helicopters, would be pleased if some of you could help:

Currently trying to configure a joystick for navigating the choppers and I am unable to set up a configuration for targeting tanks with missiles. There is an option to "select/chose next target" in the controls menu, but when doing this as a pilot it only works when using the board cannon but not with missiles.

How does this work in general with ACE?

Next questions: As a commander russian tanks are behaving differently to amercian tanks. While commanding a bmp tank for instance and tring to click on a target the camera is chaning to external view and it is often not working correctly. Am I doing something wrong here, too?

Thanks in advance guyy!

why when you dont have a weapon in your hands you cant drag or carry wounded people?

Hi Guys,

I have a controlling issue with helicopters, would be pleased if some of you could help:

Currently trying to configure a joystick for navigating the choppers and I am unable to set up a configuration for targeting tanks with missiles. There is an option to "select/chose next target" in the controls menu, but when doing this as a pilot it only works when using the board cannon but not with missiles.

How does this work in general with ACE?

Next questions: As a commander russian tanks are behaving differently to amercian tanks. While commanding a bmp tank for instance and tring to click on a target the camera is chaning to external view and it is often not working correctly. Am I doing something wrong here, too?

Thanks in advance guyy!

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Missile_Guidance_Improvements+howto

You'll need to tell AI gunner what to target first. Use radio:

[2][number]

to tell Your AI gunner what to attack, align your helicopter with target and fire.

why when you dont have a weapon in your hands you cant drag or carry wounded people?

Possibly animation issue. Please bother BIS :)

is it intentional that the commander's kord on the t-90/t-90a lacks range adjustment?

For some reason, ACE 1.11 breaks the JSRS AK74 sound. This weapon has vanilla sounds when fired by anyone other than the player.

I see no reason for a soundmod to conflict with @ACE, and they have caused no problems together in the past. Would it be appropriate to make a ticket about this?

Sure maturin, especially the rpt, and version numbers of the JSRS mods would be helpful. Will get rejected if the problem isn't in ACE, but not before we establish that, and perhaps figure out what's up.

@ Server admins!!

I can sure understand the reluctance to UPDATE

every single patch when we talk about ACE.

But what i DO NOT understand is the reluctance to

update when there is a stable VERSION...

Can you please update to latest stable version..

Can anyone explain me why a displayed name and a model are the same for APS and Makarov?

probably. Mb temporary decision, don't know. Check browser.dev-heaven.net please, displayed name for ACE_APS is Makarov PM, with silenced APS-the same

That's because the APS isn't in ACE anymore. The PM takes the place of the APS so missions made with the APS will still work.

probably. Mb temporary decision, don't know. Check browser.dev-heaven.net please, displayed name for ACE_APS is Makarov PM, with silenced APS-the same
Would be useful if you'd link to things you mean, saves searching and reduces human error :)

We don't have the model anymore. Not sure why. Might be the original author withdrew it.

I noticed that Vikhrs have a very slow rate of fire. In Lock On videos, I see them being fired rapidly, but from alternating pods.

Does the ACE team have some information on the Vikhr system to justify the long cooldown between launches? I thought that this was a quantity over quality weapon.

I noticed that Vikhrs have a very slow rate of fire. In Lock On videos, I see them being fired rapidly, but from alternating pods.

Does the ACE team have some information on the Vikhr system to justify the long cooldown between launches? I thought that this was a quantity over quality weapon.

It's a placeholder due to lack of proper FCS for Vikhr.

Ingame it's a fire and forget missile, in real it isn't.

It's a placeholder due to lack of proper FCS for Vikhr.

Ingame it's a fire and forget missile, in real it isn't.

Oh, I suppose that's a useful bit of balance then.

In real the vikhrs have a slow rate of fire. You constantly need to lase the target. The missile "rides" on the laserbeam. Well it is possible to fire more missiles after the first, but they will all fly towards the lased target. You should play DCS Blackshark ;)

We don't have the model anymore. Not sure why. Might be the original author withdrew it.

Would that explain the disappearance of the SA-58 FAL model (labeled as just SA-58 at the time and i swear up and down it wasn't the Czech one of the similar naming scheme). Kinda wondered what happened to it.

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/282988

Found it from earlier build classlist.

Edited by Steakslim