Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

Perhaps report the issue to the Author, perhaps it can be solved.

Thanks Sickboy, I have already, he said he is working on a new version anyway.

awesome. for the longest time i have not been able to use six installer, it just used to crash on installation, but now it work just fine.

even better is that i find that ACE works with the TKOH demo, so i can enjoy way longer view distances with this mod. :)

If anyone would like to help improve ACE, I could use some reinforcements with the Kh-29 missile on the Su-25.

It's unreliable for me, and I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out the circumstances and causes of this. If it works perfectly for anyone, do chime in.

Edit: Some unknown level of CPU usage seems to be the cause. How do people fare lazing targets on a map full of frantic AI?

Edited by maturin

My "Interaction menu" Only have two options, "Magazine" and "Handsignals" how do i get all those "Examine","Drag" and "Dogtag" to work?

Edit: Nvm, didn't know there was two different interaction menus!

Edited by GqchatarN

Just a quick question, has anyone since this update used the clipbaord way of updating saved settings (I dont really use Clippi by personal choice mainly), and if so when they then edit paste the settings do they find only the beginning of the string and no settings saved?

I updated and then set my settings then saved, the prompt mentions copied to clipboard, I alt-tab as usual text edit the settings.ace and when i paste I get only:

I tried a few times but had the same in the clipboard every time. I haven't created any ticket as it might be me (although all previous updates worked sweet every time) and wondered if any one else could try and and tell me what they get. Does it all work ok for you, do you get the full string of setting?

I only posted here because there might be a mass clippy clan and not many "manual pasters" (Im a sucker for manual pastings :) ) so it may have gone un noticed ... or .... somehow me.

BTW love the new movement rets overlays, very nice.

Just an update to say this was still happening and setting were being ignored, however I didn't remove all mods, so I tried again just CBA/ACE and this then successfully copied out the new longer line of settings, once pasted and saved and loading with all other mods it reads again fine. Not sure what mod may cause this, but clearly ACE is still doing its thing correctly.

How do i get the earplugs to work? I put them in and the icon with them in the ear comes up, but the sound is not changed at all.

Its not meant to change the sounds but to prevent you from getting deaf when being next to big guns

Yes, ace will introduce vibration and ear ringing over a period of time next to big guns firing, ear plugs just means "dont do this" :)

Ok..Havent read all the post but here goes:

I have all edition, A2 orig 1.10, A2 OA orig patched to 1.59.

Have had the previous editions of ACE up this version..

This time i downloaded the entire pack fully..

@ACE, @ACEX, @ACEX_RU, @ACEX_SM, @ACEX_USNavy, @CBA, (@CBA_OA)*

* Not included in startup INI.

Now i get this message:

File x\ace\addons\settings_external\CfgIdentities.hpp, line 1:

\CfgIdentities.ACE_Original_Identity: Undefined base class ´Identity

How do i fix that??

Btw: I deleted the previous version folders and Copy Paste

the NEW ones...

Maybe i need a new Userconfig?

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

How do i get the earplugs to work? I put them in and the icon with them in the ear comes up, but the sound is not changed at all.

Actually the sound around you becomes a little less silent too. Apart from deafness protection.

;1981972']Ok..Havent read all the post but here goes:

I have all edition' date=' A2 orig 1.10, A2 OA orig patched to 1.59.

Have had the previous editions of ACE up this version..

This time i downloaded the entire pack fully..

@ACE, @ACEX, @ACEX_RU, @ACEX_SM, @ACEX_USNavy, @CBA, (@CBA_OA)*

* Not included in startup INI.

Now i get this message:

File x\ace\addons\settings_external\CfgIdentities.hpp, line 1:

\CfgIdentities.ACE_Original_Identity: Undefined base class ´Identity

How do i fix that??

Btw: I deleted the previous version folders and Copy Paste

the NEW ones...

Maybe i need a new Userconfig?[/quote']

Delete Arma 2\userconfig\ACE and replace it with new content from ArmA 2\@ACE\store\userconfig.tar archive

Please, give me some help

#include "script_component.hpp"
PARAMS_2(_unit,_enable);

_unit setVariable ["ACE_CrewProtection", if (_enable) then {1} else {0}];

nil;

how is it exactly works? Usually in case of incoming massive the following construction is used:

_unit = this select 0; _state = this select 1; ...

but I dunno how does PARAMS_2 works.

why when I've written "this setVariable ["ACE_CrewProtection",1];" in the init string of USMC ingeneer in the editor, ingeneer still has blackouts, therefore ACE_CrewProtection was 0 ?when I tried to set crewprotection through the function in a script, it didn't helps too(it was Client\Functions\Client_PreRespawnHandler.sqf in WF Benny). I tried to use this function in Init.sqf in a simple editor mission with the same result.

what's wrong?

p.s.: I can't find any example of using this function in any mission

Crew Protection doesn't mean no blackouts at all, but improved abilities instead.

The PARAMS macro expands to "_unit = _this select 0; _enable = _this select 1;"

http://dev-heaven.net/docs/cba/files/extended_eventhandlers/script_macros_common-hpp.html#PARAMS_n

As written in the setCrewProtection function example, you use it with:

[_someSoldier, true] call ace_fnc_setCrewProtection;

so, put the following in an init line:

0 = [this, true] call ace_fnc_setCrewProtection;

in MP the variables might fall off (don't remember if that got fixed), so you might want to wrap it into a spawn

0 = this spawn { [_this, true] call ace_fnc_setCrewProtection };

If you're experiencing bugs, please report them with full repro steps, mission and details to the Bug tracker: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

The CBA version has also been official released: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1982024#post1982024

Please note the minor mistake in ACE 1.11 stable release notes; the included CBA version is actually 0.7.6 and not 0.7.5 as written before correction :)

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for the explanation Sickboy) I know that crewprotection = 1 mean just harder conditions to cause blackouts, but crewprotection may have only 2 values, and I'm just talking about "no blackouts" when blackouts appears later. Sorry for imprecision.

so, put the following in an init line:

0 = [this, true] call ace_fnc_setCrewProtection;

you mean to an init line of the unit in the editor?

IMHO would be suitable if ace_sys_crewprotection would be a module, like wounds system.

Edited by woore

Its not meant to change the sounds but to prevent you from getting deaf when being next to big guns

Aha i see, i thought it made all the sounds damped. Okey, thanks for all the answers!:D

Is it just me or are the ACE_warFare<number>.<map> not working at all?

Just tried on the client itself by creating a new LAN game and nothing happens e.g. when selecting "ACE_warFare6.Lingor" and hitting the "Play" button then, the same for all other of those missions.

When trying it on a dedicated server I see the voting time goes down till it hides and nothing happens any more then.

Snipped from the log:

111/06/16, 1:03:49 ca\missions\MPScenarios\MP_Deathmatch.chernarus: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

111/06/16, 1:03:49 "############################# Start WarfareBE_069_ACE_12 #############################"

the BAF automatic-gunner and machinegunner are missing their ear-plugs ?!

What ticket number is that issue? http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Bug #22388

Thanks Sickboy, I will try the file later tonight.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

I had this error but it was caused by the UKF Challenger 2 addon for Arma 2. Removed that and it was gone.

Yes mate I was, removed it and its working fine now thanks :)

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Hi , i wanted to know if it will be possible to connect the DAGR to the GLTII SOFLAM laser designator in future versions of ACE mod ? thx for answer

Is there a way to disable gestures so I can free up my TAB key? I always used it as a main key in TS3 and CAPS LOCK is for ACRE

bind it to different key in ACE settings?

@mrcash2009, also i report no problem pasting string into settings.ace, i get the normal long string.