Mattaus

How to setup a Ladder in Oxygen 2?

Hello, I have a building, and I have just made a ladder model, but my next step is to actually making the ladder climbable. I looked at other objects and they have a LOD called memory, which is a vertice from the bottom of the ladder to the top (Just 2 dots). With the components name of Start1 and End1

In the config I have this:

ladders[] = {{"start1", "end1"}};

What am I doing wrong? And what is required next?

Cheers.

Edited by Mattaus

Yes, two vertices in the memory LOD

Should work, but maybe your class inheriting needs to be from a building

Example working ladder;

class CfgVehicles
{
class Land_ladder_half;
class FSF_Ladder : Land_ladder_half
{
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "Ladder (FSF)";
	model = "\GNT_FSF\ladder_h.p3d";
	mapSize = 0.01;
	icon = "";
	armor = 150;
	ladders[] =
	{
		{
			"start",
			"end"
		}
	};
	vehicleClass = "Misc";
};

Ok then, The model of the ladder is with the actual building itself. Plus there a 4 seperate ladders of various sizes. Do i need to make the ladders as a seperate .p3d and then maybe proxy them into the building? Or is there a way to do it with the setup as I said above?

No, that was just an example.

Ladders are defined within the building config.

This is an example BIS building.

As you can see, multiple ladders defined also.

class Land_leseni4x: House
{
	ladders[] = {{"start2","end2"},{"start1","end1"}};
	model = "\ca\buildings\Misc\leseni4x";
	class DestructionEffects: DestructionEffects
	{
		class Ruin1
		{
			simulation = "ruin";
			type = "\ca\buildings\ruins\leseni4x_ruins.p3d";
			position = "";
			intensity = 1;
			interval = 1;
			lifeTime = 1;
		};
	};
	armor = 50;
};

Ok cheers thanks. Ill try and get this added in a few days as there were some major setbacks on the model which I can fix but will take a long time -.-

is this a object you are going to place in the editor or are you adding the object in via Visitor onto a custom map?

the only other thing i can see that may cause a problem is using the class FlagCarrier

I know I had to set up some viewGeometry LOD to get the ladder in the back of my carrier working, I might suggest trying that if the action simply isn't showing up.

This object with be placed via the editor, Ok Jdog, I'll try that.

What might the problem be with FlagCarrier?

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

What would you place in the view geometry lod?

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Ok I edited my config properly and is noused classed as a building, (house).

Still not working, so what View geometry would I need or will i need to add a pathway to it or something maybe?

I have now got the ladders working, after doing a few tweaks in the config, They seem to work fine all 4, although 2 seem to be weird. My charachter always climbs up them on an angle, and am unsure why.

Any clues?

I have now got the ladders working, after doing a few tweaks in the config, They seem to work fine all 4, although 2 seem to be weird. My charachter always climbs up them on an angle, and am unsure why.

Any clues?

tried copy/paste the memory points from the ones that work to the ones that dont? Might be that they are not quite lined up properly

Just out of interest what did you change in the config to make them work?

If characters climb up the ladders at an angle, it probably means the vertices that make up the start/end of the ladder need to be rotated to "face" the ladder (I know, doesn't seem like vertices have a direction but they do, I had this problem also).

Yeah fixed it, I looked in tow down view and they were not really aligned togather (not rotation), so I put the on top of each other and it works fine.

In the config, all i remember changing in the class was : Flagcarrier to : House

sory for digging up old topic, but i didn't want to double topics

i want to make ladder on vehicle, do this all shown in topic will work ? there is class house here, but i want ladder on car

i know there are ladders on ships, how about seting up ladder on car ?