Sign in to follow this  
navy996

How do you use mods in game

how do use your mod in a game do you have to spawn it editor or something. i already know how to download them to modfolder and all that stuff please tell me i have looked all over the internet to no previal :(

you need to enable it on the expansion menu. Unless you're using arma2 free then sorry you cant use mods but you still can play user made custom mission that didn't require any mods.

You can use command line parameter in the shortcut menu or just use yoma addon sync.

arma2 free cant use mod!

Depends on what your using (as in above with Arma2 free) ... other than that check my sig for "Addons mod help" .. this is a guide and there is a section linking to how to add mods etc (section "C" under 1.2 Purpose and aims of this Add-On Guide )

Search on Armaholic for a MOD launcher and choose which one fits best for you . . . the easiest thing to do. I personally use Alpinestars MOD launcher.

cheers

p.s. BTW welcome to the forum.

i would recommend yoma addon sync, makes joining online server with mods a hell lot easier.

http://www.yomatools.be/

i even use this to play SP games since i dont want to bother with restarting arma again. XD

well you can use multiple launcher anyway.

Once you manually add the -mod=(Mod folder here) command to startup, there is absolutely no need to use the ingame "mod manager".

To use a mod/addon you have downloaded, you must place it in the editor, or play a mission that uses it.

but how do you place it in the editor

but how do you place it in the editor

Depends on what mod/addon you are using. What are you trying to use?

Depends on what mod/addon you are using. What are you trying to use?

lets say ac 130 or a MOAB

From my WarMod Website

AC130 Simulation

by LurchiDerLurch

Description:

This script simulates an AC-130 in ARMA2.

- MP compatible since v.0.3

- Operation Arrowhead FLIR and optional Addon version (ldl_ac130.pbo) since v.0.4

- Singleplayer Mission "Death From Above" since v.0.5

- Operation Arrowhead and Combined Operations supported since v.0.6 (ARMA2

standalone is no longer supported)

Information about Operation Arrowhead and the Addon:

You can use the script (v.0.6 and higher) only with Operation Arrowhead or ARMA2 +

Operation Arrowhead (Combined Operations).

If you use ARMA2 (v.0.5 or lower) only you have the simple old FLIR. Not the new

OAH FLIR (black and white).

You can use the script with and without the Addon (ldl_ac130.pbo).

Usage

1. Addon

1.1 Place the "LDL AC-130 Init" (Editor: "Logics" -> "LDL Logics") !

1.2 Now you can place an AC-130. (Editor: "USMC" -> "Air")

image.php?img=init_and_ac130pu23.png

The AC-130 has 2 actions to start the script. Either with the pilot or the copilot.

1.3 You can place 3 other logics

1.3.1 Type 1: "Can call AC130"

Every unit or object which is synchronized with that logic has the action to call a rotating AC130 via mapclick

1.3.2 Type 2: "Can call AC130 (AI)"

Every unit or object which is synchronized with that logic has the action to call a AI controlled rotating AC130 via mapclick

1.3.3 Type 3: "Can call UAV"

Every unit or object which is synchronized with that logic has the action to call a rotating UAV via mapclick

====================

Basically install the mod, set it up in your shortcut target line, go into the editor press F& for Modules, and put down the LDL Logics.