Sign in to follow this  
subliminalss

Mercenaries: Chernarus

Mercenaries Chernarus:

Open ended Arma 2 world for your freedom, purchase guns, cars ,business, Your own personal airfield and build your own PMC. Start random missions right from your own home visit the Chernogorsk market and catch a helo ride, catch the buses take a taxi from Berezino.

http://17thmedia.com/market.png 700kb!

Map - Chernarus

Story - WIP Suggestions welcome currently destroy artillery site

Money and Reputation points.

Current POI.

Chernogorsk

Market

RH weapons pack seller

AK Weapons Dealer

Berezino

Taxi Company

Global Bus System

North Berezino Car Shop - COIN

Once Purchased Krasno Airfield COIN to buy a few bits

3 Business + 1 Main

2 Fuel Station

Cafe

Farm

Elektrozavodsk Factory

Supermarket

Watertower

please Suggest other Locations im sure most of you have now explored more than me, any suggested locations if sensible will be in next update.

Airport Krasnostav

Purchase 6 different transport Choppers Switchable for use after bought.

Purchase Hind attack chopper.

Barracks for units

Commander functions (Use the marker, Flag and radius to recruit and dismiss/promote to High Command.)

Very Important points

Attack choppers / future AS will travel to Airsupport Target moveable via Radio then Map click

All transports will travel to the "Create Helipad" Moveable via radio then map click

Use the House you start at,

Laptop for Random generated missions

Sat Phone for getting your team to follow/Stay at Home.

All gear bought will appear in the safehouse's Cargo Holder this is your "Personal_Locker";

Airport has functions in top of ATC tower but needs to be purchased first from the helper outside of the western most entrance. Its a glowing red ORB.

Business when bought every 10 mins generate a revenue for you to collect buy for the listed price then every 600s will bring in the ammount listed in the Investment Portfolio eg. $1000-$1500 every 10 mins.

Im looking for some feedback everything seems pretty much in working order as long as the systems are used correctly.

Basically looking for feedback at the moment and possible expansion suggestions, its a good blast to just build up from nothing so give it a go and let me know what you think. More for people who enjoy the game more than the story.

I wanted to outline quickly the way the transports, attack helos and command management work.

A) Open the map and check the radio there are several commands, Move Marker creates a flag in the game world, within 10m of this flag actions are carried out, promote creates a group from the units within 10m of the flag (Including you so dont be there) then adds it to the HC module.

Example of use (EOU): The ability to buy 5 units, move the flag near you (Via Radio), move your units to the flag then hit promote on the radio, these units will then be available for orders from HC and taken from your group.

Likewise with the following

Split, creates a new group but doesnt add to HC,

EOU: Maintain defensive positions without clogging HC.

Recruit, Put the marker by the unit in game world and it will add the unit(s) to your group.

EOU: Search and rescue missions especially SOM find and recover POWs.

Dismiss, Deletes Vehicles men etc from around the Flag.

Transport - When transports are created from the market, you'll have 2 options on the helo, Feed Coordinates and Clear to RTB They operate as follows

Feed Coordinates - Clears all current waypoints and adds a waypoint for the helipad created in editor. Use as follows

Open Map -> Radio -> Create Helipad option -> Click on map area you want helo to land -> Close map

then select feed coordinates from transport action menu.

this radio function moves a global helipad to the location you select, also works in getting a helicopter youve purchased and manned to land etc lots of functions in game and lots less errors as long as its used with the transport function correctly.

You'll also have the same functions with the airfield transport once you've bought the airport. The main difference is the guns on helos are manned so youll also get an option to SAD at LZ. this causes the transport to hover over your helipad rather than land and search for units.

It uses game functions to clear all waypoints and add a SAD waypoint on target, you can select all these as many times as you want and change coordinates mid flight change LZs and very usable in a practical sense.

Same with the attack Helos however they follow the attack marker rather than Helipad LZ marker.

Finally once the Airfield is bought you have 3 PCs in ATC tower.

1. To buy new Transport Helos

2. To Use various Helos bought

3. To start transport and reset if bugged.

So you buy for example UH1H then choose to use it, then later buy a Little bird, you can now switch between MH6 and UH1H as much as you like giving you various tactical approaches.

Finally part 2, buy the attack helo from the UAV centre inside airfield entrance. This gives you the ability to send your Attack helo to the airstrike location, I intend to have different attack helos in future same as transports but at present its only Mi 24 Hind.

Regards JT

Current Addons are now all included in one package and this will not be expanded upon so please download the once and download RHs packs then this will be all you need. Links Below are for RHs packs for those of you with trouble.

INCLUDED IN @Mercenaries\RH_CONFIGS\ FILE ARE MY CONFIGS CHANGING THE RECOIL TO BIS DEFAULT RECOIL. PERSONALLY I DONT RHs RECOIL, TO STRONG SINCE OA UPDATE. JUST PASTE OVER OR SUBSTITUE FOR rh_xxx_cfg File in the downloaded weapons packs.

UPDATE: 07/09/2011

Today Releasing the latest update, its all in text above now but to summarise on changes.

New Random Bases around the map giving reward for clearing, by random its a random 28 bases from the object compositions bases on a number of locations with a random group spawned to guard.

Revive Script Implemented

3 Main Objectives to keep you going through the development of world to final release of missions.

New Business'

ACM Integration

To Come in next update.

Hope Fully some missions, Also if anyone wants to create a mission all from SQF Files so can be launched then killed with no editor placement send it along it will more than likely be included.

New interfaces should start popping up everywhere now ive managed to Organise to seperate files.

More Business'

More sidegames Shooting ranges maybe stalker CS/GTA SA style Gang Wars.

Hopefully some efficient CIVs and cars to add a little life.

TO DOWNLOAD

Get all RH Packs From Links Below.

HK 416s - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11789

M4/M16s - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8056

MGS Weapons - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13095

MK18s - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10540

PDWs - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12214/

Pistols - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12800

SMGs - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13788

Download @Mercenaries Folder Containing all Mods needed. USE RH CONFIGS IF DESIRE BIS-RECOIL ON RH WEAPONS

http://17thmedia.com/@Mercenaries.zip

Download Mission and extract to Missions foler in Arma 2 installation Foler.

http://17thmedia.com/Mission0.0.3.zip

*** UPDATE IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE MISSION BEFORE 11/09/2011 THEN RE-DOWNLOAD AS ACM IS NOW FIXED***

Edited by Alex72
Image >100kb

this is looking good ... I can't wait to play this.

ALSO ... FIRST!! in your face second guy!

well thanks for the reply guys thought noone wanted to play my mission ive spent over 2 weeks coding now lol. Some story suggestions would be awsome, also i have an update, now have a barracks to buy some infantry. and a decorated krasnostav airfield.

Some short term plans are a dec of 52 30 scatterd with a bounty hopes 12 in missions would be a plan, Kind of manhattan insurgent camps style.

Also a randomly huge number of business im going for 15-20 as they take about 3 mins to implement. Im also stuck on the purchase of airstrikes as i feel the SOMs begin to loose purpose. And if anyone does own the airfield in a day or 2 in the new version will have purchaseable pilots from the barracks and ill be uploading this when i get home, Working ATM and then sleep for 8 hours after night shift.

Also I use an Anims mod, found an issue earlier with an injured team mate not healing correctly if anyone gets this without the anims please let me know as there may be an issue with the First Aid modules

Good Luck

I was working on something similar but with more missions\sidequests\jobs\interactive environmental (betting, buying cars and planes, ect) but I had to cancel it due to millions of scripting errors and the time it would have taken to re-wright all scripts (I had spend more than 2 months scripting originals), im trying to re-do thing but it's going kinda slowly

But nice work JonieTurnock

Edited by ArmAriffic

Ye i know what you mean, I hope to get all the missions straight into the final cut, my random missions however provide the combat side of missions its just the story that needs to be big and have different things other than combat, but most important at the moment for me is making sure the base game and progression works.

Updated download link with new mission please find description of changes on first post.

Good idea of mission!!! I will try it!!! Thanks!

erm .... is there any coop version coming out ? anyways downloading at the speed of the light !

A coop version without the addons would be nice.

A coop version without the addons would be nice.

yeah, both version in one package, so everybody could enjoy it, the dedicated servers and the non-dedicated one

EDIT : just played it today, the map seems a bit empty, create more FOB and abandonned station ( can be good for some mission ), more BUS station in the city, add more allies ( more army, randow SF encounter .. maybe )

this is all the suggestions i'll say now, maybe i'll found more later

Edited by heroes maker

Hi Turnock, love the idea and by the looks of it the execution won't let it down.

Small snag for me though, once I return from Cherno to pick up a weapon and get a mission - I can't interact with a sat phone nor laptop.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

WOW :eek:

This looks epic... always looking for more "dynamic" missions like this

One of my faves has been Forgotten Few, mostly for the random missions.. but i'm loving the personal touches like buying gear, making $ and businesses

Awesome work Jonie, thanks for the contribution!

will download and play some tonight

Yeah a COOP version that uses only ACE would be wicked.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

An idea could be a "jagged alliance style" campaign !!

Haha mad ya mention that game me and some mates have been playing JA2 1.13 multilayer lately great fun :) buggy at the moment but its being worked on.

well thanks for the reply guys thought noone wanted to play my mission ive spent over 2 weeks coding now lol.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people that would like to play this. I think perhaps the reason this thread is so epicly short compared to all the hard work you've obviously put into this is two-fold.

1. This took over and hour to find and install all of its components. (In contrast to the 2 minutes it took to DL and install your pbo file.)

2. It still doesn't work. (Reported dependent files missing.)

I've downloaded and successfully installed everything you listed, and had to DIG to find all of RH's (which stands for username RobertHammer, for all those who don't live here on the forum) weapon packs... and it still says it's missing things. In true BIS style, it doesn't tell you what these things are, of course.

Recommendation: Create a single install version that INCLUDES everything it is dependent upon in the base download. This doesn't have to be the only version, as I'm sure some folks are already running some of these mods. But for the vast majority of the rest of the folks that will attempt this (as well as myself, because I'd still very much like to play this excellent sounding mod you've made) it would be a tremendous help.

Besides, why slave over BIS code for so long, only to have the end product be unusable to the masses?

I had the same problem and it was outdated RH weapons pack, there are some weapons packs that has two versions floating about, one compatible with A2 standalone and OA and one only CO or OA. you want the latter one, same goes for mercenaries pack.

Computer in the merc house still is inaccessible for me :(

can do sec ops though, but it doesn't seem to add funds or rep.

Tried your mission again, not sure what I've done different this time, but the PC ans Sat phone has the action menu now and your mission rocks! I hope you haven't abandoned it, and it will have an update or two.

Can clicking on desired mission have some sort of visual confirmation of it being created on the map (also some explanation about the markers would be cool - are they like a patrol route with start and finish?), wasn't sure what was supposed to happen so i clicked everything multiple times and now I'm being engaged every other minute as I'm cruising around Chernarus - fun times :D

What could be worked on is weapons and how easy is to acquire them, my rep is maybe ~220 but I'm already loaded with russian weapons including launchers and even shilka from doing SecOps. Maybe weapons can be removed from dead soldiers, would not be very realistic but would make one do some regular shopping and count bullets. Or even better option would be disabling room in vehicles to load weapons in.

Also some civilians would add some immersion to the whole thing, can they be spawned in predefined radius and deleted as they leave it to save computing power?

Your efforts is much appreciated, and even if this is final version I know I will be still playing it for weeks to come, just love this sort of free roaming action in combination with buying weapons and vehicles.

Cheers,

Mik

I know, TL;DR

thats cool.. ;)

hey Guys Sorry for the long delay ive been upgrading my PC and had to send Some faultys Back Grrr. GTX 580 3GB and SSDs.:bounce3:

As for some of the comments, thanks very much for all your feedback, i appreciate the number of Mods I have running is quite large, this is mainly due to the fact that i never really meant it for public release.

Afraid to say i wont be making a Co-op or ACE as just to much seems to get caught up, i did look to make it with GL4(Group Link) which did make some awesome combat play over the whole map. But alas after about an hour everything ground to a halt.

Well ongoing with the development now, will be looking to make a manhattan Camp hunt around map now, enemy supply depots and ammo dumps etc,

I know the map is very empty at the moment i.e. no Civs but thats a module i can easily add depending on the slowdown the mission creates, plus i can make 2 versions if you guys want one with Civs and one without, personally id rather the extra 20 FPS 3 hours into my game:j:

Also a last note on the buying guns, personally RH packs weapons are what I use and hell half the time I play the game is loading up a weapons convoy after playing a SOM and driving back, so at the moment this will stay the same plus the US weapons Bis created are Pants and you cant get these from completing missions really so this will be the big benefit on buying side, and please excuse the lazy packs for West weapons at present had to do last day before i went away just so they were there.

Keep the feedback coming and report back on how you play, so i can make sure there's no-one saying there's nothing to do.

PS

Also small note on the rep, its as much for story later on when developed so don't take to much notice of the weapons high requirement and the gear you have at the moment.

PS.PS

If anyone has any future trouble with interaction you can either open up the mission in the editor and find the action/event that adds the action to the laptops/phones or PM me and ill email them so you can run them from the debug console and reset any actions no longer available for any bizarre reason.

PS.PS.PS

oh yeah markers after taking a mission

they are the start and finish of the patrol, so the units drop into game at the drop location, way-point to the destination and at present wait, might in future be a cycle but well see on that one, I will also add a hint and possibly a feature to prevent more than one mission, of course missions can still be cancelled. Ill put that on the list for next version.

Edited by JonieTurnock

Reporting in:

Today last three Savegames became corrupted, all in the same mission (mechanized) with the same error in .rpt file.

Version 1.59.79384

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Cannot evaluate 'ReadAndWrite' - no file

Updating base class ->ShellCore, by ldl_ac130\config.bin/CfgAmmo/ShellBase/

Updating base class ->BulletCore, by nst\ns2\config.bin/CfgAmmo/BulletBase/

Updating base class House->House_EP1, by ca\structures_e\housek\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Terrace_K_1_EP1/

Updating base class ->RscShortcutButton, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscShortcutButtonMain/

Updating base class ->RscText, by ca\ui\config.bin/CA_Title/

Updating base class ->Man, by nst\ns_mutants\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CAManBase/

Updating base class ->CAManBase, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierWB/

Updating base class ->RU_Soldier_Base, by nst\ns_fraction\config.bin/CfgVehicles/RU_Soldier_Medic/

Updating base class ->RU_Soldier_Base, by nst\ns_fraction\config.bin/CfgVehicles/RU_Soldier/

Updating base class TalkTopics->TalkTopics, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierGB/TalkTopics/

Updating base class ->Car, by ca\wheeled2\lada\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Lada_base/

Updating base class ->BTR40_MG_base_EP1, by ca\wheeled_e\btr40\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BTR40_MG_TK_GUE_EP1/

Updating base class ->BTR40_base_EP1, by ca\wheeled_e\btr40\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BTR40_TK_GUE_EP1/

Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air2\c130j\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J/

Updating base class ->FlagCarrier, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/FlagCarrierUNO_EP1/

Updating base class ->C130J, by ca\air_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J_base/

Updating base class ->C130J_base, by ca\air_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J_US_EP1/

Updating base class ->T55_Base, by ca\tracked_e\t55\config.bin/CfgVehicles/T55_TK_GUE_EP1/

Updating base class F35_base->Plane, by warfxveh\config.bin/CfgVehicles/F35B/

String STR_OVERVIEW not found

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

Addon bd_tracer (entry CTWS) not found in the list of active addons.

ExA_HMMWV_TROOP: Magazine_hide - unknown animation source reloadMagazine

Incorrect number of post effect params

Error in expression <or = [_R,_G,_B,_intensity];

_ppEffect ppEffectAdjust [

-0.002- _daytime >

Error position: <ppEffectAdjust [

-0.002- _daytime >

Error 6 elements provided, 3 expected

Out of path-planning region for O 1-4-B:8 at 9899.1,5993.4, node type

Cannot use magazine 30Rnd_762x39_AK47 in muzzle RPG7V

Error 'No entry' at 'C:\Users\MikDawg\Documents\ArmA 2\Saved\missions\Mercenaries%3a%20Chernarus%20R0%2e0%2e2.chernarus\save4.ArmA2OASave/Vehicles/VisibleFar/Vehicles/Item0/magazineSlotsOpticsModes.C:\Users\MikDawg\Documents\ArmA 2\Saved\missions\Mercenaries%3a%20Chernarus%20R0%2e0%2e2.chernarus\save4.ArmA2OASave/Vehicles/VisibleFar/Vehicles/Item0/magazineSlotsOpticsModes/.Item19'.

ErrorMessage: Cannot load 'C:\Users\MikDawg\Documents\ArmA 2\Saved\missions\Mercenaries%3a%20Chernarus%20R0%2e0%2e2.chernarus\save4.ArmA2OASave'.

Not too bad though, I had a save game from previous mission that was working, so I'm back on track.

About the civilians: If they are going to munch on FPS's, as the game progresses, then no. Would it be the same story with this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119820

Also first Aid doesn't seem to work, have the action menu option but nothing happens.

Cheers

Mik

Ye ive personally had a few issues with the medics in game, will have a look at that asap, so some of the things ive got in so far

1. Shooting range by house is now active so pop up challanges etc

2. 20 random base+group spawns so everytime you start the mission the 20 camps could be full of 12 inf or just 2 snipers, could be a large encampment or a gathering of tents.

3. When you buy business it inreases rep by a small ammount, (As does clearing camps)

4. Random Weather every 20 mins, 10 mins change time.

5. Made 1 mission so far, (Christ scripting missions from SQFs takes soooo long).

6. When you buy the airport a supply chopper flies in and out for decoration:yay:

7. Second Crate box for all that junk collected.

8. Edited configs of RH weapons to use stock BIS recoil PM me if you want this, makes the ak you first buy actually usable as now has BIS recoil for AKM as does M4s M8s SCARS and stability when prone for weapons with Bipod.

Also retex SCAR a bit lighter and closer to BIS Shade now same again PM me for link.

arma2OA%202011-08-08%2000-08-45-61.bmp

OK wel as previously mentioned the next update is ready but not released yet.

I have a few features/bits ive added and would like to know from anyone who is playing the mission what you would like on release.

1. ACE implemented on my personal version been playing for about 5 hours no slowdown or bugs to report (public version release wanted?)

2. Revive script to overcome the poor first aid module/Dying all the time at the start:mad: also 5 hours on ace and not died:)

what else except story driven campaign, i.e more shops, business, side missions, interface driven shops, (have 20 random bases across map now) Bus Stations everywhere? Please let me know if you are playing.

JT

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people that would like to play this. I think perhaps the reason this thread is so epicly short compared to all the hard work you've obviously put into this is two-fold.

1. This took over and hour to find and install all of its components. (In contrast to the 2 minutes it took to DL and install your pbo file.)

I've downloaded and successfully installed everything you listed, and had to DIG to find all of RH's (which stands for username RobertHammer, for all those who don't live here on the forum) weapon packs... and it still says it's missing things. In true BIS style, it doesn't tell you what these things are, of course.

Recommendation: Create a single install version that INCLUDES everything it is dependent upon in the base download. This doesn't have to be the only version, as I'm sure some folks are already running some of these mods. But for the vast majority of the rest of the folks that will attempt this (as well as myself, because I'd still very much like to play this excellent sounding mod you've made) it would be a tremendous help.

Besides, why slave over BIS code for so long, only to have the end product be unusable to the masses?

I appreciate your comments on this one, unfortunately i packaged up the weapons alone and its over 1GB:butbut: I would love to send it all out in 1 pack but its just not viable so if anyone is having trouble again just drop me a message and ill link you straight to the RH packs you need all other links are provided and ill see what i can chop;)

Back from holidays now, so I will be playing your mercenaries again ;) Looking forward to the update and I sure would give a ACE version a go, even though I normally don't use it.

I think I figured out why my savegames was becoming corrupt just before i left: looks like I can't save a game with more than 3 RPG's in a trunk of the SUV or that save game will become corrupted... weird

PS. Bought the gas station and the dialog likes to disappear and so does some of the bus station menus, can you ad some sort of reset for those?

Edited by MikDawg

Ok, im not understandings something, when i first start a game, i dont get any weapons, just 1000 $. I can recruit the 3 or whatever people, but there not equiped with guns either.

I tried waiting for 10 minutes and never received any cash. Even for a pistol its 7k, so i cant even do a mission to earn money. Am i doing something wrong?

Ok, im not understandings something, when i first start a game, i dont get any weapons, just 1000 $. I can recruit the 3 or whatever people, but there not equiped with guns either.

I tried waiting for 10 minutes and never received any cash. Even for a pistol its 7k, so i cant even do a mission to earn money. Am i doing something wrong?

In the market there is another weapons salesman who sells single weapons, get some AKs and ammo for them, the other one sells Rober Hammer's weapon packs. Also pick up armored SUV, someone has forgotten to lock it ;)

Use the laptop to select a mission, it will appear as a two red markers on the map, and you'll be on your way with gathering resources and reputation.

Doing Side missions received via radio will not get you money or reputation but are great for stocking up with russian weapons and you will get the usual UAV or CAS.

You have to buy businesses to earn money too, cafe in Chernogorsk, farm in Prigorodgi, Gas station in Solnichnij and Airport in Krasnostav will generate income.

And there is more to buy and discover..